HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zaborsky signed

Old
06-03-2008, 09:49 AM
ap215

vCash: 500
Pretty good stats i look forward to seeing Zaborsky play for us.

ap215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 10:14 AM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
For those claiming that Jess @ Prospect Park only ever talks about how great a prospect might, he has some fairly critical things to say about Zorro in today's installment:

Quote:
There is also a side of Zaborsky that nobody outside of us really noticed which was that the Spirit had a tendency to use a "bodyguard" on Zaborsky's line at even strength. Unlike his countryman, David Skokan, Zaborsky did not have a single fighting major as his "bodyguard" was always there to protect him.

Despite the Ranger's claims of his growth spurt, Zaborsky typically was the smallest player on the ice. We have not question about his offense and we even think his defense never gets enough credit but we have serious questions as to whether or not Zaborsky can hand the bigger stronger and meaner NHL (AHL ) players.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 11:20 AM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Howlings got to chat with Zorro:

Quote:
Well, my game style is to always try to work really hard. I think I am a technical, smart and skill player, but I can also play a physical hockey game too. I think I have good hockey sense and I think I read situations on the ice well.
Quote:
As far as his goals for next season, Zaborsky was equally direct. "In order to reach my goals for next season I've already started now. I need to have a really good summer and to be in great shape for camp in September. My personal goal is to stay in the AHL in Hartford and play there in first three lines and get BETTER and BETTER. I will be happy if I have a really good rookie season in Hartford. That's what I want from the new season."

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 04:37 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
Howlings got to chat with Zorro:
good to see him already starting to train.....as long as he is doing what he should be doing im sure he will get better....if he could get biger and gain 10-15lbs...which is possible over an offseason for a player his age i think he will stick in the ahl

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote