HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New TSN Deal Means More Leafs, Less Habs

Old
06-03-2008, 07:08 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
lmao, why would you want rights to the worst Canadian team?
Biggest Canadian market.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 07:17 PM
GNick42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
New TSN/NHL Agreement Signed

And what does it mean? Apparently there are actually two more Habs games than last year, despite my initial outrage. I could have sworn it was 20+ last year, but as someone with superior google skills below pointed out, my memory isn't on my side today.

We were the most shown team before, but now second, despite the increase.

In the new deal, the Leafs grab that mantel, with 17 showing. We get 15 and the other Canadian teams get 10 each.

MODs: Can you change the thread title to something more generic since I am clearly an idiot?

I wish they would have annoucnced the financial aspects of this deal. By the way it went down I already have a good idea what the figures are.

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 07:19 PM
JrHockeyFan

I have CenterIce. I can see every single Habs game. Except for the principle of the matter it really means squat to me anymore if the Leafs get shown 100 times a year. Unless they are playing the Habs the Leafs interest me 0%

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 07:19 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
I wish they would have annoucnced the financial aspects of this deal. By the way it went down I already have a good idea what the figures are.
The CBC deal was 100 million. Not sure about TSN though

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 07:33 PM
vipergtsr404

Send a message via MSN to vipergtsr404
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
Right?

I don't mind. I've gotten used to watching 70 games a year on RDS anyway.
Amen to this i can't understand half of what the announcers are saying but with the TSN or CBC broadcasts i can understand i swear too much at the dumbasses ike Maguire and cole.

My wife hated the french thing at first cause she had no understanding of what they were saying but she likes it better now and is learning soem french in the process everyone wins lol

vipergtsr404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 07:37 PM
vipergtsr404

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Biggest Canadian market.

for now but that won't be the case next season ..... in the 80's we were the biggest market and the shift in the country has begun already in that regard...... the outskirts of both fanbases that jump on and off each wagon depending on the quality of the product are increasing and declining respectively and this shift will occur again if we begin to have a decline while the leafs gain a better team. these fans are the ones everyone hates the most.

Old
06-03-2008, 08:11 PM
The Big Swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipergtsr404 View Post
for now but that won't be the case next season ..... in the 80's we were the biggest market and the shift in the country has begun already in that regard...... the outskirts of both fanbases that jump on and off each wagon depending on the quality of the product are increasing and declining respectively and this shift will occur again if we begin to have a decline while the leafs gain a better team. these fans are the ones everyone hates the most.
Good try

Regardless the Leafs will always be the biggest hockey market

The Big Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 08:55 PM
vipergtsr404

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Swede View Post
Good try

its not a good try its the reality of the situation there's nothin you or i can do about it. so take your self proclaimed center of the universe attitude and check it at the door along with the hundreds of thousands of so called leaf and hab fans that are jumping on or off of their respective wagons as the teams head in opposite directions.

Unfortunately for yourself that is closer and closer to the worst team in the league.

cheers

Old
06-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Analyzer

This is why I got Le monde en Francais on my dish for RDS.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 10:18 PM
The Big Swede

Quote:
its not a good try its the reality of the situation there's nothin you or i can do about it. so take your self proclaimed center of the universe attitude and check it at the door along with the hundreds of thousands of so called leaf and hab fans that are jumping on or off of their respective wagons as the teams head in opposite directions.

Unfortunately for yourself that is closer and closer to the worst team in the league.

cheers
Im not a bandwagonfan sorry...

Well see whose going to be the worst team in the when the season is over until then nobody can be considered the worst team

The Big Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 11:10 PM
Rayne*

Quote:

cheers
Toronto won't be the worst team in the league next season. Will they be out of the playoffs NEAR the bottom? Yes, but that's usually the case with teams that rebuild.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 11:12 PM
ari1160

15 habs game is pretty ok i guess. i mean of course they are going to show the leafs more cause they wont be able to see them in the post season. so it all works out i guess.

ari1160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 11:16 PM
dlandry77

I don't mind this at all. I do not speak english and RDS is my spot for all the hab games. This is showing that leafs TV is not working for Leaf fans and that is probably the reason why a deal was made with TSN.

I think this could mean the destruction of CBC and I want to ask is where is the celebration??? I would love to see Montreal playoff games on TSN, that would be sweet.

Has everyone heard anything about headline sports, apparently there were rumors that they would try to show montreal games in English?

dlandry77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 11:22 PM
dlandry77

Quote:
Good try

I think people forget that the leafs do not have the biggest market, they have the biggest english market. Montreal and the Leafs are probably very close with the amount of fans by the numbers. The problem is the portion of english speaking montreal fans is not as high but the numbers are basically even.

Most fans really confuse the two because it is the battle of two best franchises in the league.

RDS allows fans across Canada to watch all the Hab games and no other team has that luxuary.

Last edited by dlandry77: 06-03-2008 at 11:31 PM.
Old
06-03-2008, 11:26 PM
dlandry77

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
I have CenterIce. I can see every single Habs game. Except for the principle of the matter it really means squat to me anymore if the Leafs get shown 100 times a year. Unless they are playing the Habs the Leafs interest me 0%
Does the feed come in english???? I am just curious because I would probably get it. How much is it??

Old
06-03-2008, 11:26 PM
vipergtsr404

Quote:
Im not a bandwagonfan sorry...

Well see whose going to be the worst team in the when the season is over until then nobody can be considered the worst team
i never said you were a bandwagon fan its bandwagon fans that are the reason for the shift pay attention to what your reading.

Old
06-03-2008, 11:30 PM
vipergtsr404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
Toronto won't be the worst team in the league next season. Will they be out of the playoffs NEAR the bottom? Yes, but that's usually the case with teams that rebuild.
again i never said you'd be the worst team in the league i simply stated the team is nearing that direction please pay attention to what your reading. it is because of the rebuilding that the team is not doing well and those bandwagon fans are leaving while montreal wagoneers are coming out of the woodwork such is the shift in markets i previosly described if anyone had been paying attention instead of creating things that were never said.

Old
06-03-2008, 11:33 PM
Transported Upstater

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlandry77 View Post
I think people forget that the leafs do not have the biggest market, they have the biggest english market. Montreal and the Leafs are probably very close with the amount of fans by the numbers. The problem is the portion of english speaking montreal fans is not as high but the numbers are basically even.
Bingo. Fanbases are of relatively equal size despite Toronto being a bigger city. I'd say Montreal perhaps has an edge in terms of total fanbase size.

But in terms of largest English-speaking fanbase, we blow Montreal, and any other team, clean out of the water.

Transported Upstater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 12:00 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by maci4life View Post
Speak for yourself. No RDS in this neck of the woods unless you're on satellite, or digital.
You can stream them on the net now as well for very cheap.

OT PS: Fedor sucks!

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 09:19 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

I don't why some are giving for argument "I don't care I have RDS".

You just omit to put that RDS are really bad while TSN are doing probably the best job of all those Networks as far as Broadcasting Habs games. They are top notch and they never overtalk about the Leafs and stuff like that. Sure we understand they are from Toronto but when doing the Broadcast for Habs games they are doing an excellent job. Heck they feel more like the official National Network for Canadian hockey than CBC. By far.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 11:20 AM
shortcat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label View Post
We have no reason to whine since we have RDS who broadcast the 82 games + the playoffs. Yes i do prefer watching the Habs on TSN but that's just a minor issue. And it's not like TSN won't show any Habs game anyway.

We should be happy with what we have and leave it at that
Amen!

shortcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 11:50 AM
sandman08

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
The CBC deal was 100 million. Not sure about TSN though
i read somewhere that it was around the 50 mil per range (i think the words i read were something like "roughly half of what the cbc is paying" or something along those lines.. probably on the globe and mails website if i recall

sandman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 12:35 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
Well there are about 5-7 less Habs games and it makes me sad, as I like the TSN broadcast crew the best.

I loathe CBC.

Luckily, I do speak French, but the RDS production values are very much 80s.
CBC should just change their name to TBC. Toronto Bias Corporation. Bringing you hockey night in toronto.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 12:36 PM
neofury*

BTW, this just means more HD games in general.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote