HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Can anyone see a Montreal-Boston ECF in 2009?

Old
06-03-2008, 09:46 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

vCash: 500
Can anyone see a Montreal-Boston ECF in 2009?

I know its very very very early to talk about this but today on the bus while I was listening to Living on a prayer from Bon Jovi I started thinking about both teams and how they both have good young talent and good team chemistry and with tweaks here and there they could meet again the playoffs for another time. Then I thought...well it wouldn't be far fetched that both those teams finish a top the NE division and could potentialy meet in the conference finals if everything lines up well.

Not only would this revive the rivalry to an extreme point, it would bring back casual Boston fans (like it or not, it is a hockey city) and would make for a fantastic series and hopefully ending in the 25th win in 32 match ups for the Habs.

I know its way early to talk about this, but just imagine it for a second and the possibility of it happening. Combined with the Habs 100th year anniversary.

I'll post the same thread on the Bruins board.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 09:55 PM
SpreeEndaz

No, next subject please.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 09:57 PM
Kachino

vCash: 50
Boring!

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 09:57 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Not right now

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
No but I could see Carolina-New Jersey in 2011

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 09:59 PM
anarmandaleb

I've had just about enough of Boston fans and their inferiority complexes for a long time.

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 10:09 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Montreal vs. Pittsburgh.

Carey Price pwning Crosby.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 10:10 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Montreal vs. Pittsburgh.

Carey Price pwning Crosby.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 10:23 PM
znk

We aint going to beat Boston 8 times next season and they will have Bergeron back. They should be near the top of the conference. If you take 2 seconds to take a look at what they did with all the injuries they had it dosent take much to figure this out.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 06:42 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
I know its very very very early to talk about this but today on the bus while I was listening to Living on a prayer from Bon Jovi I started thinking about both teams and how they both have good young talent and good team chemistry and with tweaks here and there they could meet again the playoffs for another time. Then I thought...well it wouldn't be far fetched that both those teams finish a top the NE division and could potentialy meet in the conference finals if everything lines up well.

Not only would this revive the rivalry to an extreme point, it would bring back casual Boston fans (like it or not, it is a hockey city) and would make for a fantastic series and hopefully ending in the 25th win in 32 match ups for the Habs.

I know its way early to talk about this, but just imagine it for a second and the possibility of it happening. Combined with the Habs 100th year anniversary.

I'll post the same thread on the Bruins board.
I think pittsburgh is going to become montreal's most hated rival for the next few years. Boston has a few peices, but I dont think they are quite there.

Its also rather presumptious of me to state that the habs are a lock for the ECF in o9... but I bet the pens will be there.

Fluery has answered some questions these playoffs... price will have alot of questions to answer next year for the habs to make the next step.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 06:53 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
We aint going to beat Boston 8 times next seasonand they will have Bergeron back. They should be near the top of the conference. If you take 2 seconds to take a look at what they did with all the injuries they had it dosent take much to figure this out.

It depends on whether you believe that they overachieved this year, or whether their season is a sign of things to come. The positive thing for them is that they got some young guys that you would assume will take a step forward, but I still got some questions about julien. He had a great first year in montreal where youngsters like ribeiro and ryder emerged. The following season, the team struggled and julien was canned before the season ended although jose theodore didn't help him out all that much, but I dont really trust thomas/fernandez either.... maybe rask develops quickly... who knows

You say they "should" be near the top... I think that's a bit strong. They got a shot, but as of right now (yeah, its early), I consider them a playoff team between 5-7.

Old
06-04-2008, 07:19 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

enough of Boston already.

Anyway, while it's true they have a few young players, they still have a weak D, are stuck with Murray and Bergeron is still a question mark (havent played in a year, will always have risk of a 2nd concussion)... oh! and their goalie will be Fernandez and a 34 years old Thomas...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 08:55 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
It depends on whether you believe that they overachieved this year, or whether their season is a sign of things to come. The positive thing for them is that they got some young guys that you would assume will take a step forward, but I still got some questions about julien. He had a great first year in montreal where youngsters like ribeiro and ryder emerged. The following season, the team struggled and julien was canned before the season ended although jose theodore didn't help him out all that much, but I dont really trust thomas/fernandez either.... maybe rask develops quickly... who knows

You say they "should" be near the top... I think that's a bit strong. They got a shot, but as of right now (yeah, its early), I consider them a playoff team between 5-7.
We were 8-0 against Boston, barely had an injury during the season, Kovalev played an amazing season and we still only managed to finish 10 points ahead of Boston. Montreal can be considered overachievers more then Boston. Everything clicked last season. If both teams play the same season as the last one but split the series Habs would end up with 96 points and Boston with 102.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 09:14 AM
anarmandaleb

Quote:
We were 8-0 against Boston, barely had an injury during the season, Kovalev played an amazing season and we still only managed to finish 10 points ahead of Boston. Montreal can be considered overachievers more then Boston. Everything clicked last season. If both teams play the same season as the last one but split the series Habs would end up with 96 points and Boston with 102.
I think the pressure's on Montreal to step it the **** up. I think that if Montreal manages to do that, Montreal and Pittsburgh will be the top two teams in the East for a long while.
Boston will be pretty scary when they sort out their goaltending issues.

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 09:20 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
oh yeah, everything went right for montreal. They wouldn't have finished first without that happening. next year will be very interesting

But we can play this "if" game until we're blue in the face. Take a guess which division gave montreal the most trouble? It was the southeast division. What if montreal took advantage of a division which is percieved to be the weakest out of the east?

What if montreal didn't blow 3rd period leads twice to the ranger or blow a lead against the preadators.

I'm sure boston has their what ifs against other teams and other teams have their what ifs against boston.

Old
06-04-2008, 09:21 AM
ReVeuF

Please not Boston again, i am tired to see them against the Habs in the playoffs. I want some other team please.

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 04:29 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
No, next subject please.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=J5z4Vs26-TI

JHabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 04:47 PM
Lone Rogue

Eastern Conference Final? Absolutely not.

Semi-Finals? Doubtful.

Quarter Finals? Absolutely.

Do people honestly think Milan Lucic is going to break out and score 80 points next season? Come on.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 05:01 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Come on.
Well Said

JHabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 05:19 PM
RussCourtnallsGhost

Boston is tough to call. With Bergeron back, they can focus on offense again now that they have more firepower, but you never can tell how a group of players is going to respond to a change in their system.

I still say they're a middle-of-the-pack team that might cause some trouble in the playoffs. If they get Hossa, then I'd be scared.

RussCourtnallsGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 09:14 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
That would be great and a guaranteed Stanley cup finals for us

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 09:45 AM
neofury*

Harry, it's not possible for the 1st place team and the 8th place team to go up against eachother in the conference finals. Those teams would play eachother first

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 09:46 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryder6 View Post
Boston is tough to call. With Bergeron back, they can focus on offense again now that they have more firepower, but you never can tell how a group of players is going to respond to a change in their system.

I still say they're a middle-of-the-pack team that might cause some trouble in the playoffs. If they get Hossa, then I'd be scared.
I have a gut feeling bergeron will once again be their downfall next season. Injury. I called it if it happens

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote