HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Poll with discussion: Carey Price or Marc-Andre Fleury?

View Poll Results: Fleury or Price: Who will be consiered the better goaltender in 3 seasons
Marc-Andre Fleury 29 26.36%
Carey Price 81 73.64%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Blades 0f Steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHWR View Post
All I ever said was that this really isn't even necessary. Price is a great goalie with an even greater future. This just smacks of insecurity.

But I wonder who will win? Wow...what a shocker. Price is at 83%.

Notice I didn't vote? I'm a cool enough guy and have respect for each team and their boards. So have fun...I just wanted to state my opinion.
Don't really care what compelled you to post in this thread, I'm saying you didn't read the OP's question or most of the comments, as evidenced in this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHWR View Post
But if you feel the need to trash another goalie to build yours up...feel free.
The poll you linked to asked a different question...

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
In three years anything can happen. I'll say Price because he's a Hab. Fleury right now.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 06:46 PM
jaydub*

Quote:
Originally Posted by snap-bar View Post
Fleury is a choke artist
did u watch price vs. philly? that is the definition of choking.

jaydub* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 06:47 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
Well, Price has the potential to be an elite goalie. In three years? Maybe. But Fleury has the advantage at the moment.
Best answer so far.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 06:49 PM
snap-bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydub View Post
did u watch price vs. philly? that is the definition of choking.
no its not. You can't expect one player to beat an etire team

snap-bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post

the guy has been nothing but brilliant since late november
give credit where it is due.
Never gonna happen til he wins 2 cups. Spezza was tied for the lead in points last year in the post season. He was hitting and blocking shots, playing outside of his game but nope he is a no-show come playoff time with a point per game

But I take Price. Fluery may have the advantage to this day but Price is unbreakable. A single goal destroyed Fluery and he just got over it.

Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 06:56 PM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem Anderson View Post
Why are you crying about this exactly? Is there a point?
I'm not crying about anything. Do whatever you want.

IHWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 06:56 PM
Serenade

Quote:
I'll give him credit he has been spectacular but IMO you never know about him.

Really I lost all faith since that World Jrs, even though it wasn't his fault I still blame him. Then seeing him fall in the first game I thought, oh no here we go again, but he has been good. Detroit still wins.
Snap, did you actually read what you wrote? You're probably one of those guys that hates people for no reason.

"Look at that assh*le, breathing air.....Look at him chewing his food what a pr*ck" !!

Serenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
In three years anything can happen. I'll say Price because he's a Hab. Fleury right now.
the other thing is, in 3 years Fleury should be entering his prime while Price will still be very young in terms of goalies. If they were only a year or so apart it be much easier to compare progress but three years in age is a huge difference.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 06:59 PM
PensFever71

Quote:
no its not. You can't expect one player to beat an etire team
Price was by far the worst player in that series. Had the habbies had Huet the series may have turned out differently. Fleury has the advantage now...in three years Price will be winning cups for the Avalanche. Just kidding...they both have bright futures.

PensFever71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Kriss E

I dont get how people are so critical about Fleury. He's been solid and is a huge reason as to why Pittsburgh are still battling Detroit at this point.

People make fun of Fleury's ''misfortune at the WJC when he shot the puck by accident on his teammate. What about the ridiculous goals that Price allowed in the Flyers serie??..At least Fleury was a clear accident, but Price let in a lot of horrible/weak goals in the POs.

I voted for Price, but that's because of the technique he displayed and obviously because im a habs fan.
But who's better?..Roy or Brodeur?..i mean, this pretty much comes down to personal choice, because you can make a case for either one.

I think it'll be the same thing down the road. Fleury and Price will be part of the Elite, but as of today, Fleury has proved it more than Price.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFever71 View Post
Price was by far the worst player in that series. Had the habbies had Huet the series may have turned out differently. Fleury has the advantage now...in three years Price will be winning cups for the Avalanche. Just kidding...they both have bright futures.
If we had Huet we would have been eliminated by Boston.

Old
06-04-2008, 07:14 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
Price's mental breakdown this spring aside, I think he's already better than Fleury. Much better puck handler, much better positioning, I think the only thing Fleury has over Price right now is the glove hand which seems to be Price's achille's heel at this point in time. But he's 20, so it'll obviously get much better like the rest of his game

Price by a landslide
Price didn't have a mental meltdown. He was playing with two broken fingers on his catching hand. Can't blame him for that. Blame Carbonneau for continuing to play Price knowing that his fingers were broken.......

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 07:15 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFever71 View Post
If Kovalev showed up for more than 1 game in the series it may have turned out differently. If Komisarek and Markov played like the 1-2 defenseman they were all season, it may have turned out differently. If Mark Streit could hit the net on the PP it may have turned out differently.

Price gets a tonne of blame and rightfully so however there was a lot of veteran players that deserve a lot of flak from the Montreal faithful. Not that you probably care.

Again, its somewhat of a ridiculous question. Fleury is now where Price would be is 3 years and think how much people question Fleury now. If Fleury isn't better than Price in only 3 years, i'd really question Fleury.

Old
06-04-2008, 07:17 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Price didn't have a mental meltdown. He was playing with two broken fingers on his catching hand. Can't blame him for that. Blame Carbonneau for continuing to play Price knowing that his fingers were broken.......
i don't know if that was ever proven. it seemed something was wrong but some thought he was joking while others remained skeptical.

Old
06-04-2008, 07:18 PM
shaner89

Fluery has been the best goalie in the NHL since his return from injury, which i beleive was Febuary or so.

Fluery easily will be the better of the 2.

shaner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kostopolous View Post
If Kovalev showed up for more than 1 game in the series it may have turned out differently. If Komisarek and Markov played like the 1-2 defenseman they were all season, it may have turned out differently. If Mark Streit could hit the net on the PP it may have turned out differently.

Price gets a tonne of blame and rightfully so however there was a lot of veteran players that deserve a lot of flak from the Montreal faithful. Not that you probably care.

Again, its somewhat of a ridiculous question. Fleury is now where Price would be is 3 years and think how much people question Fleury now. If Fleury isn't better than Price in only 3 years, i'd really question Fleury.
Kovalev..1 game?..11pts in 12Games...ya he was horrible. Maybe he wasn't as dominant as he was during the reg season, but he still produced, which says a lot.

If Price hadn't allowed such horrible goals then we would have won that serie. You can criticize a lot of our players, but more than half of the goals Flyers scored should have been stopped. Thats why people tend to blame Carey a bit more.

Old
06-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Kovalev..1 game?..11pts in 12Games...ya he was horrible. Maybe he wasn't as dominant as he was during the reg season, but he still produced, which says a lot.

If Price hadn't allowed such horrible goals then we would have won that serie. You can criticize a lot of our players, but more than half of the goals Flyers scored should have been stopped. Thats why people tend to blame Carey a bit more.
in the philly series i said and yes, he was ineffective in the series for the most part.

again, i said Price deserved a lot of blame. i don't know what the point of the response was.

Old
06-04-2008, 07:41 PM
Beakermania*

MAF is the better goalie right now... no question about that.
Price is the better goalie if we compare Price at 20 vs Fleury at age 20.

Who will be better in 3 years.... its a tough call... but I'm hoping Price.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 08:23 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaner89 View Post
Fluery has been the best goalie in the NHL since his return from injury, which i beleive was Febuary or so.

Fleury easily will be the better of the 2.
Actually his first start after returning from injury was March 2. I agree in those last three months he has been arguably the best goalie in the NHL. In Fleury's (22 years/old 4th season) last 32 starts he's 24-7-1 with 1.74 GAA and .935 Sav%.

In Price's (rookie 20 years/old) last 32 starts, including his crap out, he's 21-11-0 with 2.34 GAA and .923 Sav%.

I don't know how Fleury could be easily better since before the injury Fleury wasn't anywhere near how good he's now. Who's to say he won't revert back to that form while Price reverts to his pre 2nd round form.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 08:56 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Never in my life would I want MAF.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 08:59 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Never in my life would I want MAF.
What if your starters were Gerber and Emery?

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 09:03 PM
jcpenny

Fleury is 24 with a lot of confidence right now. I have to admit that he has impressed me a lot since he came back from his injury, its like hes a different person. Hes rebound control is miles ahead of what it was last year and he looks cool and calm back there.

That being said, if Price continues his progression, in 3 years he should be ahead of Fleury but that remains to be seen.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 09:03 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
What if your starters were Gerber and Emery?
I'd throw Emery in front of a bus and use Gerber.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 09:20 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Fleury will end up shooting the puck at his own defenceman and in the net to cost his team the Cup.
You were close enough

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote