HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Everything "Mats Sundin" Thread

Old
06-05-2008, 12:37 PM
DontStepanMe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
no way gomez is traded for a pick and a 3rd liner......that would be one of the dumbest moves ever made......gomez is a very very good player....and if you think that package makes the rangers better, you are crazy
true... however trading Drury would make the team better off. That contract is a suffocating us and will continue to for the next 4 years.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 12:43 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
true... however trading Drury would make the team better off. That contract is a suffocating us and will continue to for the next 4 years.
i wouldnt trade drruy for that package either

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 12:55 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
i wouldnt trade drruy for that package either
maybe not for that package, but for say Klesla and a their #1 this year.... I definately would...

Old
06-05-2008, 01:11 PM
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

I don't think either of them will be traded... but I definitely would NOT trade Gomez. I wouldn't be completely apposed to Drury being traded in future, only for some cap relief if it would be possible.

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 01:30 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
maybe not for that package, but for say Klesla and a their #1 this year.... I definately would...
as would i.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 02:02 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

although i really like Drury i would love to see him traded, the contract is just to much and stops the team from improving in other areas. i have thought about it and tried to convince myself we can work round it but with both Gomez and Drury in the side we are really hoping the kids step up to a level that may be beyond them.

I would not trade Gomez because he will be our #1 center for years to come and in Dubinsky we have a #2 center with Anisimov filling the #3. The problem is Drury has a NTC so there really is no way i can see him being traded and i cant see Drury waiving his NTC.

There would not be too many teams willing to take on his contract and the only teams i could see Drury being interested in moving to is (possibly) Colorado and LA, San Jose who were interested in Drury in the summer. I believe Drury still has a home in California so that could be a reason for him to move there, i am sure i read that somewhere in the summer. As for Colorado they have some big contracts of there own in Smyth, Hannan and others who may or may not come back in Theodore, Foote, Sakic and maybe Forsberg.

Trading Drury would mean taking a high contract back and I have an idea what i'd like to see happen and it could address two of our needs.

1-a winger to play with Gomez who can be physical if need be.

2-a stay at home d-man who throws the body which is something we need.

I would like to see something with Colorado involving

Drury ($7.050m) 4yrs + ? not sure
for
Wolski (RFA $3-4m) ??yrs and Hannan ($4.5M) 3yrs

Some may agree some may not but if the Avs resign Foote and Salei could that make Hannan available permitting him waiving his NTC? Drury could be there 2nd line center.

Wolski would play with Gomez and the Defense could look like

Staal-Girardi
Tyutin-Hannan
Backman-UFA/or filled from within

what you guys think? i know toughness can be addressed through free agency ie; Orpik/Commodore but this has more to do with Drury's contract. its full of if's and but's but what trade proposal hasn't been since our season ended.

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 02:07 PM
TheHotRock

Drury, Sanguinetti, Dawes and a first for Mathieu Schneider and Corey Perry.

ducks get their 2nd line center...we got our pp qb and a winger for gomez..

i don't think we're giving up enough, anyone care to modify?

us and the ducks make good partners though.....we really should go after schneider

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 02:08 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30 View Post
although i really like Drury i would love to see him traded, the contract is just to much and stops the team from improving in other areas. i have thought about it and tried to convince myself we can work round it but with both Gomez and Drury in the side we are really hoping the kids step up to a level that may be beyond them.

I would not trade Gomez because he will be our #1 center for years to come and in Dubinsky we have a #2 center with Anisimov filling the #3. The problem is Drury has a NTC so there really is no way i can see him being traded and i cant see Drury waiving his NTC.

There would not be too many teams willing to take on his contract and the only teams i could see Drury being interested in moving to is (possibly) Colorado and LA, San Jose who were interested in Drury in the summer. I believe Drury still has a home in California so that could be a reason for him to move there, i am sure i read that somewhere in the summer. As for Colorado they have some big contracts of there own in Smyth, Hannan and others who may or may not come back in Theodore, Foote, Sakic and maybe Forsberg.

Trading Drury would mean taking a high contract back and I have an idea what i'd like to see happen and it could address two of our needs.

1-a winger to play with Gomez who can be physical if need be.

2-a stay at home d-man who throws the body which is something we need.

I would like to see something with Colorado involving

Drury ($7.050m) 4yrs + ?
for
Wolski (RFA $3-4m) ??yrs and Hannan ($4.5M) 3yrs

Some may agree some may not but if the Avs resign Foote and Salei could that make Hannan available permitting him waiving his NTC? Drury could be there 2nd line center.

Wolski would play with Gomez and the Defense could look like

Staal-Girardi
Tyutin-Hannan
Backman-UFA/or filled from within

what you guys think? i know toughness can be addressed through free agency ie; Orpik/Commodore but this has more to do with Drury's contract. its full of if's and but's but what trade proposal hasn't been since our season ended.
drury should be moved to wing where he should play for the next 4 years...on a wing with gomez as the center who can feed him the puck and i guarentee he will score over 35 goals and gomez will get more than 85 points......thats a good line right there

Old
06-05-2008, 02:10 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
Drury, Sanguinetti, Dawes and a first for Mathieu Schneider and Corey Perry.

ducks get their 2nd line center...we got our pp qb and a winger for gomez..

i don't think we're giving up enough, anyone care to modify?

us and the ducks make good partners though.....we really should go after schneider
ill pass.....upgrade at wing, downgrade on defense....schneider is way to old to be trading for.....drury can move to wing as it is....i would do the other trade though....sanguinetti, dawes 1st 08 for rights to perry....

perry-gomez-drury

Old
06-05-2008, 02:11 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Chris Drury — this summer's whipping boy. Unbelievable.

06-05-2008, 02:12 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Chris Drury this summer's whipping boy. Unbelievable.
its horrible....he is a very underrated player on this board....

Old
06-05-2008, 02:13 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Quote:
drury should be moved to wing where he should play for the next 4 years...on a wing with gomez as the center who can feed him the puck and i guarentee he will score over 35 goals and gomez will get more than 85 points......thats a good line right there

i am afraid to say nothing can be guarenteed. the whole point in my post as i stated was Drury's contract i did say i liked him BUT it does stop us from addressing other needs.

Old
06-05-2008, 02:14 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Quote:

i may have missed it but who is whipping Drury? people who are unhappy are unhappy with the contract not Drury.

Old
06-05-2008, 02:18 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30 View Post
i am afraid to say nothing can be guarenteed. the whole point in my post as i stated was Drury's contract i did say i liked him BUT it does stop us from addressing other needs.
you pointed out the fact that the rangers needed a scoring winger...BAM!! drury is moved to wing and you have a goal-scoring winger.....drury can play in pretty much any role on forward...i understand drury got a 7 million dollar contract and that in an ideal world he wouldve gotten 5-6 million.......people thinking teams wouldnt want to trade for drury are INSANE!!...any team who wants to win the cup would do that deal in a heartbeat.....he and gomez should be playing together on the same line and dubinsky should be the second line center, and anisimov should be the third or vice versa....if people think getting a winger who is good defensively, can play center and play well, be a leader, score big goals and play through anything is going to come for anything worth less than 6 million isnt thinking clearly....i understand he is overpaid, but in order to replace everything he is, the rangers would have to spend about that anyways

Old
06-05-2008, 02:20 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Drury isn't going anywhere. Put down your torches and return to your homes.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 02:21 PM
JayMan82

Quote:
It's crazy what happens on this board when your not consistently on for a few weeks... Dru WON'T be traded... He is one of the BIG reasons why players like Dubinsky, Dawes, Staal and Callahan matured so quickly... Look at all the young guys he set an example for while he was in Buffalo (Roy, Vanek, Miller, Pominville, Stafford, Campbell)... All those guys followed his lead...

JayMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 02:25 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Quote:
you pointed out the fact that the rangers needed a scoring winger...BAM!! drury is moved to wing and you have a goal-scoring winger.....drury can play in pretty much any role on forward...i understand drury got a 7 million dollar contract and that in an ideal world he wouldve gotten 5-6 million.......people thinking teams wouldnt want to trade for drury are INSANE!!...any team who wants to win the cup would do that deal in a heartbeat.....he and gomez should be playing together on the same line and dubinsky should be the second line center, and anisimov should be the third or vice versa....if people think getting a winger who is good defensively, can play center and play well, be a leader, score big goals and play through anything is going to come for anything worth less than 6 million isnt thinking clearly....i understand he is overpaid, but in order to replace everything he is, the rangers would have to spend about that anyways

i dont dispute any of your points and i dont doubt he could score goals playing on gomez wing but as i have said its his contract that hancuffs us. i know it is how the market was in the summer and if we didnt pay it someone else would have but for me it is to much.

to others i know Drury wont be traded and i am not whipping him its his contract as stated in other posts, why if you dont like his contract and think trading him to rid yourself of that high contract is for the best is that made to sound like it takes credit away from what he brings to the team?

Old
06-05-2008, 02:29 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
he will never live up to the 7 mil... I do agree that he should be on the wing... but you are forgetting one thing.. Tom Renney is the Coach. Chances of him moving Drury to wing are very slim.

also the whole less than 6 mil is possible.... if they already have a contract for less, or if they are re-signed by their current team and take a discount (like the Wings players do).... but you are right if you are talking about getting one via Free Agency.

Trading his salary would help the Rangers. We could sign a good forward and a decent dman which might make our team better. Unfortunately this probably won't happen.

Again I love drury as a person, and a player. his contract though is completely horrendous for a team though especially w/ NM clauses.... a 55pt per season player should not be getting over $5mil. It is wasted cap space just the same as Shanny.

Old
06-05-2008, 02:30 PM
TheHotRock

nobody is whipping drury, we just all realize that his deal is a cap killer

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
I love Drury, but he isn't the goal scoring winger we're looking for for Gomez.

And why would we be looking for a winger who is good defensively and can play center?

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 02:31 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Quote:
he will never live up to the 7 mil... I do agree that he should be on the wing... but you are forgetting one thing.. Tom Renney is the Coach. Chances of him moving Drury to wing are very slim.

also the whole less than 6 mil is possible.... if they already have a contract for less, or if they are re-signed by their current team and take a discount (like the Wings players do).... but you are right if you are talking about getting one via Free Agency.

Trading his salary would help the Rangers. We could sign a good forward and a decent dman which might make our team better. Unfortunately this probably won't happen.

Again I love drury as a person, and a player. his contract though is completely horrendous for a team though especially w/ NM clauses.... a 55pt per season player should not be getting over $5mil. It is wasted cap space just the same as Shanny.
thats how i wanted to put it

Old
06-05-2008, 02:33 PM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Drury isn't going anywhere. Put down your torches and return to your homes.
well said!!!

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 02:56 PM
broadwayblue

Well just look at the extra couple mil/year on Drury as prepayment for his future captaincy.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Ola

I haven't whipped Drury -- but I agree with many of the critics.

In my opinion Drury is a 5m player -- and he is getting 7m per. In the end, thats only 2m too much.

Thats not all that bad, paying 2m per over the market value. It could be much worse, we could be paying 3-4m per for a player that don't fit in.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Vitto79

he's staying in Canada.....TO, OTT,MON.........the end

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote