HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Higgins, where is the love?

Old
06-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Crusher20

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20

Guys i am taking some minutes here to analyse Chris Potential.. i think some people overlook him, dont write him off as a strong producer in the future, he has improved year after year. You know the caracter, he wont collapse, what ever happened with him this year.. going through a rough emotional challenge, through injuries or through normal slumps in life.. dont expect the guy to believe he already finnished his progression.. the difference between being a consistant scorer and not are simple, could be talent, but can also be technical, to tell me all scorers in the league are just talented is false in a way. Chris is intelligent and he could improve technics and how to position himself just a little and make a big difference.. I dont think he is another Bulis, as Bulis was a player always look at others for his issues.. the Opposite of Christopher.

2003 - 2004
2 - 0 - 0 - 0 PPG 0.000

2004 - 2005 lockout
AHL 76 - 28 - 23 - 51

2005 - 2006
80 - 23 - 15 - 38 PPG 0.475

2006 - 2007
61 - 22 - 16 - 38 PPG 0.623

2007-2008
82 - 27 - 25 - 52 PPG 0.634

So every year he improved his ppg, ok last year was not phenomenal, but how many players experience difficult a year (Kovalev is quite a good exemple).. i fully expect Higgy to have a very strong year and i am sure he will regroup again with Komisarek and analyse what went wrong and could have gone better this season, I read they did that in the past.. he is still young only 25 years old. I am very excited for next year. please stop talking about him being a 3th liner cause he will do anything to show you he deserves to be in the first line, and thats the attitude we need on our club.

Go HABS Go !!

My prediction for next year,
82 - 29 - 33 - 62

Last edited by Crusher20: 06-06-2008 at 08:41 PM.
Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2008, 11:25 AM
anarmandaleb

I don't think I can ever be accused of showing Higgins no love.
But thanks for the stats, even though the Higgins-bashers aren't going to be convinced. He didn't turn into a superstar in his third full NHL season, which apparently is a crime in Montreal. He's still a super solid player.

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Kachino

In the LW-Beaker thread...

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
People were disappointed in Higgins because he didnt put in 40 goals as he said he could.

He is the kind of player you keep for all his career.

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2008, 11:29 AM
le_sean

It's not the stats that bother me as they are good. It's the countless amount of chances he misses throughout the year. He could have scored 40 or 50 if he had any finishing ability. It sucks because we see how strong he is on the puck and is a good puckhandler, but it never progresses above that though he has the skillset to be something special. It's frustrating.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2008, 11:33 AM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
It's not the stats that bother me as they are good. It's the countless amount of chances he misses throughout the year. He could have scored 40 or 50 if he had any finishing ability. It sucks because we see how strong he is on the puck and is a good puckhandler, but it never progresses above that though he has the skillset to be something special. It's frustrating.
Voila, he needs to become more clutch, a better finisher overall.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2008, 11:34 AM
Crusher20

Quote:
Yeah, off course he could have bury all his chances and be a 40 goal scorer. of course every player in the NHL follow a perfect learning curve, no. off course. let Higgy become the player he will be NO ONE ever said he would become a 40 goal man but the guy will make the little adjustements to make the difference, he is very young and mature, and unlike Bulis.. he doesnt blame others for his misproduction.. or if he did, he will think it over this offseason, again, like every year we can expect the Komi - Higgy tandem to think it over and then train like beasts.

Old
06-06-2008, 11:35 AM
Stradale

He's the PERFECT 3rd line winger.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2008, 11:36 AM
Fido22

Fellows, show Higgy some respect. Ladies, show Higgy some love.

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2008, 11:37 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20 View Post
Yeah, off course he could have bury all his chances and be a 40 goal scorer. of course every player in the NHL follow a perfect learning curve, no. off course. let Higgy become the player he will be NO ONE ever said he would become a 40 goal man but the guy will make the little adjustements to make the difference, he is very young and mature, and unlike Bulis.. he doesnt blame others for his misproduction.. or if he did, he will think it over this offseason, again, like every year we can expect the Komi - Higgy tandem to think it over and then train like beasts.
Uh he himself said he could be a 40-40 guy.

It's not about learning anything, he just doesn't have that killer instinct. He doesn't drive to the net as much as he should nor can he pick corners. There is nothing to learn it's all in his head and I don't expect him to change anytime soon. But that doesn't mean he's a bad player, he's just wasting his potential since he is pretty damn skilled.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Crusher20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
Voila, he needs to become more clutch, a better finisher overall.
Yes, off course, but if he would have scored 40, would you be dissapointed if he would score 30 next season? because he did score 27 last year didnt he? all i am trying to say is, Higgy is not only about scoring.. he has overall game wich has to be appreciated, his scoring ability is there.. how many players scored that much and yet being criticize because he didnt scored enough.. to our opinion, we are VERY VERY critical.. I am sure everyone here think Sergei Kostitsyn will score 60 next year.. i expect more around 40pts, off course i hope he surprises me.

Old
06-06-2008, 11:39 AM
Kachino

How many posts before someone mentions Sergei Kostitsyn in this thread?

Old
06-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachino82 View Post
Twelve.

Old
06-06-2008, 11:42 AM
Crusher20

Quote:
Uh he himself said he could be a 40-40 guy.

It's not about learning anything, he just doesn't have that killer instinct. He doesn't drive to the net as much as he should nor can he pick corners. There is nothing to learn it's all in his head and I don't expect him to change anytime soon. But that doesn't mean he's a bad player, he's just wasting his potential since he is pretty damn skilled.
Well, thats not the Higgins i remeber from season 1 - 2 and 3.

and since when you need that killer inctinct to be a 40 goal scorer.. what you need is the smarts.. call it skill if you want, some people are just natural, some other are technical scorers, it does exist.... but I dont see Higgy as a 30 goals scorer and if he sees himself as a 40-40 guy, he must be working hard to get there more than latendresse who will play baseball to keep in shape... now thats retarded... if its true.

Old
06-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Crusher20

Quote:
LOL i didnt post often recently but it seem i may have missed something.. SERGEI SERGEI SERGEI !!!

lol !!!

I love him, but i dont expect miracles from him.

T H E _ E N D _ O F _ T H E _ K O S T I T S Y N _ C O M M E N T S

================================================== ====

Old
06-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Kachino

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
Twelve.
Exaclty, how many posts before someone compares Sergei Kostitsyn to Chris Higgins?

Hint: Whenever Erika Kostitsyn shows up...

Old
06-06-2008, 11:48 AM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
He's the PERFECT 3rd line winger.

You... FAIL.

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2008, 11:49 AM
Fido22

I think expectations were just too high. People were talking of 40 goals as the next logical step.

I believe Chris had an overall disapointing season (not goal wise, but he wasn't as effective as I would have thought). So what. He works hard, is plenty strong, has good hockey sense, it will come. Don't expect him to be a superstar 40+ goal scorer though. Chris will be great at what he does best. Play the corners, play hard, smart plays and score some +/- 30 goals a season. Great player.

Now, Higgy. He could very well be a God.

Old
06-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Talent Analyst

52 points and a bad year, this is very good for a ''perfect third line LW''.

Old
06-06-2008, 11:54 AM
anarmandaleb

He has the most shots on goal of anyone on the team in the regular season this year, so it's not for lack of trying. He's just really unrefined in that department, that's my major complaint about him. But I think it's a growth thing and while he's never going to be Ovechkin, I think he can get to 40-goal seasons. Maybe he should buy Kovalev's DVD.

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
He has the most shots on goal of anyone [.....] He's just really unrefined in that department, that's my major complaint about him [......] But I think it's a growth thing [......] Maybe he should buy Kovalev's DVD.
I'm sorry if you feel that way. You are right, though, he tries hard and will get better. As for the growth thing, Higgy is already a pretty big boy...I don't think he'll be growing much more. If you mean in a developmental sense, then, again, I am sorry you feel that way. Hopefully he will get better.

Now scoring 40 times can be a little unrealistic. Even master Kovalev can't score so many times.

Old
06-06-2008, 12:01 PM
NativeHockey77*

how about Higgins, Halak and a 2nd

anyone?? anyone??

NativeHockey77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2008, 12:05 PM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussin View Post
how about Higgins, Halak and a 2nd

anyone?? anyone??
Are you another cousin of Carey Price?

Old
06-06-2008, 12:16 PM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
He has the most shots on goal of anyone on the team in the regular season this year, so it's not for lack of trying. He's just really unrefined in that department, that's my major complaint about him. But I think it's a growth thing and while he's never going to be Ovechkin, I think he can get to 40-goal seasons. Maybe he should buy Kovalev's DVD.
Higgins takes many shoots, but at least half of these are from ''impossible'' spot to score. This is a good thing to shoot, especially if someone goes in front of the net to takes rebounds, which none does.

Old
06-06-2008, 12:18 PM
Kriss E

I saw Higgins once again yesterday. He bulked up a bit it seems since the last time i saw him.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote