HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Have any of you bought Reebok's new 9k stick?

Old
06-05-2008, 04:30 AM
Breakaway23*

vCash: 500
Have any of you bought Reebok's new 9k stick?

It looks wicked sweet. It's the one with the lightening holes in it. The shaft is supposed to be better balanced.

But I just can't see myself forking out $244 dollars for it.

http://hockeymonkey.com/rbk-hockey-s...-stick-sr.html

For a look.

Breakaway23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 07:23 AM
vexXed

I know a guy who got 1 and broke it within a couple of games of use. Then he ordered another one and that one broke very quickly after too. Since they were shipped outside the US he couldn't get warrenty. Pretty much a gimmick.

vexXed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 08:56 AM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

no thanks

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 05:07 PM
deanosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexXed View Post
I know a guy who got 1 and broke it within a couple of games of use. Then he ordered another one and that one broke very quickly after too. Since they were shipped outside the US he couldn't get warrenty. Pretty much a gimmick.
I bought a Synergy and a Response before and broke them first use does that mean I shouldn't buy them?

Composite sticks aren't perfect. There is always that chance you'll end up with that one that breaks fast or that lasts forever. And the warranty problem must of been some complications with it because where I buy my sticks I'm guaranteed warranty no matter what.

deanosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 06:13 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

The O-tech stick?

I saw it 6 months before the released it (a good what, 16 months now), and my first thought was, it looks cool, probably decreased weight, but boy that's gonna break. The engineer I talked to (note, SALES ENGINEER) was bragging about how the Greeks used arches and such, and as an engineer myself, everything in my mind was yelling that this would suck. I'm glad I didn't get it, I've heard of people snapping them easily. I'm sure if you take wrist shots its fine, but slap shots will probably break it.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakaway23 View Post
The shaft is supposed to be better balanced.
Haven't used it, but checked it out awhile back. It felt noticeably blade heavy (which seems to the consensus feeling) like the $100 price point composite sticks. Here's a 32 page thread about it: http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums...pic=26494&st=0 (Edit: Not much in terms of reviews until about page 28. Otherwise a lot of fanboy speculation.)

Like you said, the price tag is a bit heavy and the stick probably wouldn't make that much of a difference in the hands of a beer leaguer.

I'd be more willing to try out one of the Pro Stock RBK 7K sticks for $90 if they had a curve/flex in my liking: http://www.hockeymonkey.com/pro-stock-stick.html

Last edited by Brodeur: 06-05-2008 at 06:54 PM.
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 09:18 PM
We'reGonnaWin*

It's blade heavy. In other words, if you like a stick with most of its weight in the blade: Get it.
For those that don't like using sledgehammers to play hockey: Don't.

We'reGonnaWin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 09:54 PM
xpat1313x

Send a message via AIM to xpat1313x Send a message via MSN to xpat1313x Send a message via Yahoo to xpat1313x
took a few shots with one didn't like the way it felt at all, know 4 people that have used them and 3 of them hated it, so take what you want from that.

xpat1313x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2008, 01:27 AM
vexXed

Quote:
Originally Posted by deangamblin View Post
I bought a Synergy and a Response before and broke them first use does that mean I shouldn't buy them?

Composite sticks aren't perfect. There is always that chance you'll end up with that one that breaks fast or that lasts forever. And the warranty problem must of been some complications with it because where I buy my sticks I'm guaranteed warranty no matter what.
If you bought two of the same stick and they both broke after using them for less than an hour each, would you buy a third? I sure as hell wouldn't.

Sure, compostite sticks aren't perfect and some are made better than others so when one breaks, the player wouldn't be that stupid to get another one as s/he could put it down to bad luck. The OP is talking about the O stick and I saw two break very quickly, which is enough to show me it isn't worth getting. I'm not forking out the cash for the 3rd experiment!

Old
06-06-2008, 01:47 AM
vexXed

When the sticks are brought or shipped out of the N.A. the warranty is void. I remember the same thing happening when the oldest guy on my previous team brought over a Synergy SL from Canada and it broke on the 1st received pass! He couldn't get another one. Before that, all the younger guys kept telling him to try out a composite and he said they were 'Micky Mouse' sticks. Then he gets one and 'snap'. He went right back to wood sticks afterwards.

Old
06-06-2008, 11:25 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
You can get them for under $200 if you look around. My guess is after the next price drop and it goes to around $150 you'll see more people use them.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote