HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Owner in TROUBLE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-06-2008, 10:57 PM
  #26
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Freeman responds with a statement...

Predators Chairman David Freeman, the leader of the local ownership group and majority owner, responded to all of the news regarding Boots' demise with a statement this afternoon...

Quote:
“Here’s the bottom line for the citizens of Nashville and fans of the Predators: regardless of how many lawsuits are filed against Mr. Del Biaggio, regardless of the amounts of the claims, regardless of the details of the allegations, Mr. Del Biaggio’s problems are personal. Mr. Del Biaggio is a minority owner. His minority ownership stake and its final disposition will not impact operation of the club. It is my hope and anticipation that the club will be even stronger once this saga reaches its logical conclusion and Mr. Del Biaggio is no longer associated with the club.
http://predators.nhl.com/team/app/?s...ticleid=365442

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 10:31 AM
  #27
nine_inch_fang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
I wonder if he is going after a big fish? Now that the sale is done and the lease has been changed would it be easier to get one of the truly deep pocketed Nashville area residents to buy in? Isn't it also rumored that with the final sales push the team was in the black this last season?

This could be a blessing in disguise.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 10:53 AM
  #28
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
I wonder if he is going after a big fish? Now that the sale is done and the lease has been changed would it be easier to get one of the truly deep pocketed Nashville area residents to buy in? Isn't it also rumored that with the final sales push the team was in the black this last season?

This could be a blessing in disguise.
The rumbling is that a guy is coming in to be a minority owner for a future chance to become a full time owner. (Bruckheimer)

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 06:06 PM
  #29
Gnashville
Never trade Weber
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 4,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
The rumbling is that a guy is coming in to be a minority owner for a future chance to become a full time owner. (Bruckheimer)
Great we're swapping KC for Vegas

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 07:04 PM
  #30
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
The rumbling is that a guy is coming in to be a minority owner for a future chance to become a full time owner. (Bruckheimer)
So now the question is: is he going to try to move Nashville or use the Predators as a spring-board for another team?

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 07:50 PM
  #31
Ernie
Registered User
 
Ernie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,023
vCash: 500
Seems like there are other franchises weaker than the Predators at this moment for Balsillie to go after.

The NHL will have to deal with him sooner or later. At some point an owner is going to cave, and he'll get a team. IMO, the Predators were spared because Leipold needed the cash fast so he could move in on the Wild.

Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 07:54 PM
  #32
Ernie
Registered User
 
Ernie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
So now the question is: is he going to try to move Nashville or use the Predators as a spring-board for another team?
It's inconsequential. If the Predators fail in Nashville, they'll be moved, whether a current part owner is part of the equation or not. If the current group of local owners throw in the towel, I don't see the team staying in town.

Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 08:01 PM
  #33
predhead1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
Seems like there are other franchises weaker than the Predators at this moment for Balsillie to go after.

The NHL will have to deal with him sooner or later. At some point an owner is going to cave, and he'll get a team. IMO, the Predators were spared because Leipold needed the cash fast so he could move in on the Wild.
The Predators were "spared" because Balsille is an arrogant ***** that thought he could do anything he wanted without waiting for league approval. I still can't believe he had the audacity to start accepting season ticket deposits in Hamilton before he had any approval from ANYONE - not Leipold, not Bettman and not the BOG.

There is no conspiracy theory as to why Balsillie didn't get the team - he was a jerk and was treated accordingly.

predhead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 08:11 PM
  #34
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
It's inconsequential. If the Predators fail in Nashville, they'll be moved, whether a current part owner is part of the equation or not. If the current group of local owners throw in the towel, I don't see the team staying in town.
Good point.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 09:13 AM
  #35
predhead1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 668
vCash: 500
Take it with a grain of salt, but Poile says the problems with Boots shouldn't impact the Preds payroll:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....806090330/1028

predhead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 05:56 PM
  #36
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,734
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Kings parent company AEG suing Boots over loan debt.


http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=15651

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 06:14 PM
  #37
Gnashville
Never trade Weber
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 4,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predhead1 View Post
Take it with a grain of salt, but Poile says the problems with Boots shouldn't impact the Preds payroll:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....806090330/1028
We are going to spend only to the minumun anyways so no effect is true.

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.