HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Edm-Philly trade (Syvret for Potulny)

Old
06-07-2008, 03:11 AM
Chainsaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerdiehard View Post
Yeah I see some Philly fans saying defense is the knock on him. Yet every report I have been able to dig up on says he is solid in his own zone and often gets tabbed as a 2 way guy.
Flyers fan here. You guys will be very satisfied with Ryan Potulny. Ryan has had alot of bad luck this year. He hada bursa sac removed from his foot which cost him to miss training camp. If he attended camp IMO he would have made the Flyers opening night roster. Potulny is just one of these forwards that got lost in the shuffle with the Flyers, Overshadowed by more well known young forwards. Potulny will flourish now with more Ice Time in Edmonton, a fact even Paul Holmgren knows being evident the trade to a western conference team. POtulny was a goal a game oin his last year at college and IMO could be a solid 30 goal guy at this level. If you were to ask me what prospect i liked better Patrick Sharp or Ryan Potulny I would say Potulny every day of the week. Good luck Edmonton.

Last edited by Chainsaw: 06-07-2008 at 03:17 AM.
Chainsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Schitzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyadh View Post
Potulny will flourish now with more Ice Time in Edmonton, a fact even Paul Holmgren knows being evident the trade to a western conference team.
Well, right now we've got too many forwards already, so I have my concerns about how much ice time he'll get

Schitzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Stoneman89

I think a lot of this trade speaks to our depth on the blueline, and really nothing more. With Cody Wild turning pro last year, and Taylor Chorney following suit this fall, it's a natural move to upgrade at a another position. I liked Danny Syrvet when he played with London, but he never seemed to grasp the pro game. Maybe he will with time, and somewhere else. Maybe one of those moves that doesn't seem like much at the time, but has an impact later on.

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote