HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Malkin on the Block (merged)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-07-2008, 12:39 PM
  #26
Benzaza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 548
vCash: 500
well we do need a right handed defenseman to fill our #4 spot with the hammer..

come on over malkin

Benzaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 01:08 PM
  #27
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
**** that, 2 points in the Stanley Cup Finals? I don't care how good he is in the regular season, I don't want a player with no heart who gets "tired" when it counts most. I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.
sexy pants?

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 01:16 PM
  #28
Sports1131
Registered User
 
Sports1131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Boston/Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,169
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
The offer would likely be Plekanec, both Kostitsyns, Komisarek, 2 1st Rounders and Ryan McDonaugh.
That trade would set this franchise back 20 years.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 01:21 PM
  #29
KnucklesTheTard*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 84
vCash: 500
we have so much depth that we can give away many first rounders and good players.

KnucklesTheTard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 01:23 PM
  #30
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL
 
YMCMBeaulieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
**** that, 2 points in the Stanley Cup Finals? I don't care how good he is in the regular season, I don't want a player with no heart who gets "tired" when it counts most. I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.
"One of the major mysteries of the Penguins' playoff run has been solved.

Evgeni Malkin's performance level declined late in the postseason, at least in part, because he had a flu-like ailment that made it difficult for him to keep food down early in the Stanley Cup final against Detroit.

He also is believed to have been bothered by the effects from a crushing check he got from Philadelphia center Mike Richards in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference final."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08158/887855-61.stm

YMCMBeaulieu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 01:47 PM
  #31
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
"One of the major mysteries of the Penguins' playoff run has been solved.

Evgeni Malkin's performance level declined late in the postseason, at least in part, because he had a flu-like ailment that made it difficult for him to keep food down early in the Stanley Cup final against Detroit.

He also is believed to have been bothered by the effects from a crushing check he got from Philadelphia center Mike Richards in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference final."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08158/887855-61.stm
Oh boo-****ity-hoo the flu. What a loser. If he didn't play because he had "flu-like ailment" he's an even bigger wimp in my books. I mean come on, guys out there had much bigger injuries. Chara played well and he had a torn ****ing labrum. The flu, christ, what a baby. No heart, I'm glad he's not on my team.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 02:32 PM
  #32
MrNasty
Registered User
 
MrNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Oh boo-****ity-hoo the flu. What a loser. If he didn't play because he had "flu-like ailment" he's an even bigger wimp in my books. I mean come on, guys out there had much bigger injuries. Chara played well and he had a torn ****ing labrum. The flu, christ, what a baby. No heart, I'm glad he's not on my team.
Huh, We blame the stomach flu for the huge slump and missing the playoffs last year and you think he can play like an all star while puking between periods. Give the guy some slack.

MrNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 02:42 PM
  #33
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL
 
YMCMBeaulieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Oh boo-****ity-hoo the flu. What a loser. If he didn't play because he had "flu-like ailment" he's an even bigger wimp in my books. I mean come on, guys out there had much bigger injuries. Chara played well and he had a torn ****ing labrum. The flu, christ, what a baby. No heart, I'm glad he's not on my team.
He was a major part in getting their team to the finals and your saying he has no heart because he played terrible because he had the flu? That's the ****ing most hilarious thing i've ever heard. He showed more heart than a lot of guys on our team did in the playoffs as even though he had the flu (which is actually a big deal unlike you make it sound) he actually crashed the net.

You wouldn't want him on your team? I'd love to see that team if you think a Hart candidate and a guy who puts up over a PPG in his 2nd playoffs isn't worthy enough to make it.

YMCMBeaulieu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 02:42 PM
  #34
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNasty View Post
Huh, We blame the stomach flu for the huge slump and missing the playoffs last year and you think he can play like an all star while puking between periods. Give the guy some slack.
Maybe YOU blame the flu for the Habs slump, I never did. How do you know he was puking between periods? Were you there? I was puking during the game watching how poorly he played. The flu doesn't make you turn the puckover and make you stop trying. I'm sure if Crosby or Roberts had the flu we would have never noticed a difference.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 02:47 PM
  #35
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
He was a major part in getting their team to the finals and your saying he has no heart because he played terrible because he had the flu? That's the ****ing most hilarious thing i've ever heard. He showed more heart than a lot of guys on our team did in the playoffs as even though he had the flu (which is actually a big deal unlike you make it sound) he actually crashed the net.

You wouldn't want him on your team? I'd love to see that team if you think a Hart candidate and a guy who puts up over a PPG in his 2nd playoffs isn't worthy enough to make it.
Oh wow he dominated the Sens and Rangers, woopty doo.

And why do you keep comparing him to our players? His ****** end of the playoffs has nothing to do with the Habs ****** run.

And no for the price it would take to bring him in I would not want him on this team, I'd look elsewhere. I'd rather have Jordan Staal on this team, at least he gave a ****.

You make it seem like points are the only thing that matter. Did you see how poorly he played? It wasn't the fact he was snakebitten, the guy was making idiotic passes and didn't skate at all. There's no excuse for that. How come Yzerman still played his ass off when he pretty much had two broken legs?

The flu is a piss poor excuse, there's no way it would affect him for 2 series. He got hit by Richards and became scared and gutless, that's what really happened.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 02:49 PM
  #36
SeNaToR PhIL
Registered User
 
SeNaToR PhIL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,850
vCash: 500
LOL, the Montreal media would love him. Forget passable french, he needs to learn english. They'll bash him non-stop

SeNaToR PhIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 02:52 PM
  #37
habsfan44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoar View Post
Yes, I agree - Evgeni should be the #1 player on a team to reach his full potential. Any moves we could make to get him into Montreal would be fine with me. Montrealers would love him right from the first goal, and if he played for us we could win a Cup in short order.
malkin looked lazy and uninterested in the last six games of his season, it's just too early to tell if it will be a trend or a one time thing but his performance against the red wings in the SCF would be enough to make me think twice before selling the farm to acquire him .

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 02:52 PM
  #38
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,622
vCash: 500
the guy's serious, really ?

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 02:53 PM
  #39
Ra
satan is my homie
 
Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Oh boo-****ity-hoo the flu. What a loser. If he didn't play because he had "flu-like ailment" he's an even bigger wimp in my books. I mean come on, guys out there had much bigger injuries. Chara played well and he had a torn ****ing labrum. The flu, christ, what a baby. No heart, I'm glad he's not on my team.
Flu, and a real big one, is probably the most annoying thing while playing hockey. Anything else, meh just freeze it (if you're to the level you can play). But with the flu, you can't breath and you loose all your energy (a.k.a. as "your legs") after ~15 sec. Sure you can take some ephedrine, but I don't think it's legal in the NHL.

Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 03:23 PM
  #40
Lord Horse
Next Day's News
 
Lord Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Full City
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Oh boo-****ity-hoo the flu. What a loser. If he didn't play because he had "flu-like ailment" he's an even bigger wimp in my books. I mean come on, guys out there had much bigger injuries. Chara played well and he had a torn ****ing labrum. The flu, christ, what a baby. No heart, I'm glad he's not on my team.
Wow, I've been giving you a lot more credit that I should have.

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 03:28 PM
  #41
GNick42
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulgaria View Post
What is my thread-If Malkin stays in Pittsburgh he will always be a second line center and I think he is more, more than that.It's not a secret,that he has all the tools to be a top 3 in the NHL and Montreal needs a player like him and I also think that Evgeni can be a first line forward for Canadiens for many years.For me there is a possible trade between Pittsburgh and Habs.I don't know what will be the price but I think that it is possible for you guys to get this talent.
My questions are:
Do you want Evgeni in Montreal ?
Do you think that he is capable to brings the Stanley cup back in Montreal ?

P.S. I dont want to nibble with the Penguins fans and I wish them luck, I just think that will be nice if Malkin goes to the Hockeyland
U must mean sign him to an offer sheet? Can't see Pitt trading Malkin. Yeah...I'd give up 4 1st rounders....offer Malkin 6 year - 60 million...

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 03:29 PM
  #42
Lord Horse
Next Day's News
 
Lord Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Full City
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan44 View Post
malkin looked lazy and uninterested in the last six games of his season, it's just too early to tell if it will be a trend or a one time thing but his performance against the red wings in the SCF would be enough to make me think twice before selling the farm to acquire him .
I wouldn't be too harsh an the kid, playing in the SCF against the leagues best, tired, not at 100% physically.... if it were a Thorton or Vinny or someone doing that, OK, but the only place Malkin is going is up and the experience will serve well.

Plekanec + Komisarek + McDonagh or Pacioretty + 1st + 2nd and that is a high, high price.

Give him a 10 year contract. Voila, bonafide #1 centre, that magical animal the whole board has been crying over for years.

I don't wanna see the naysayers whine about needing a #1 if they wanna nitpick Malkin's SCF performance alone and call him a bum.

Evgeni FTW !

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 03:35 PM
  #43
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,083
vCash: 500
not at what it would cost to get him to Montreal.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 03:42 PM
  #44
Astaroth
Registered User
 
Astaroth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Montreal,Qc
Posts: 1,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Oh wow he dominated the Sens and Rangers, woopty doo.

And why do you keep comparing him to our players? His ****** end of the playoffs has nothing to do with the Habs ****** run.

And no for the price it would take to bring him in I would not want him on this team, I'd look elsewhere. I'd rather have Jordan Staal on this team, at least he gave a ****.

You make it seem like points are the only thing that matter. Did you see how poorly he played? It wasn't the fact he was snakebitten, the guy was making idiotic passes and didn't skate at all. There's no excuse for that. How come Yzerman still played his ass off when he pretty much had two broken legs?

The flu is a piss poor excuse, there's no way it would affect him for 2 series. He got hit by Richards and became scared and gutless, that's what really happened.
You're not and never been an athlete if you make these kind of comments. The flu is death for any intense cardio activity.

And yeah, it was really that one hit from Richards that changed everything. I mean Malkin has never been hit hard before and his mvp-like season until the finals was before not one touched him.

This is just hilarious. Yeah, nah we would never take a premier possibly generational talent because he had a bad final. But give Jordan Staal! The guy who was invisible for the whole season.

Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 06:27 PM
  #45
Handlanger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulgaria View Post
What is my thread-If Malkin stays in Pittsburgh he will always be a second line center and I think he is more, more than that.It's not a secret,that he has all the tools to be a top 3 in the NHL and Montreal needs a player like him and I also think that Evgeni can be a first line forward for Canadiens for many years.For me there is a possible trade between Pittsburgh and Habs.I don't know what will be the price but I think that it is possible for you guys to get this talent.
My questions are:
Do you want Evgeni in Montreal ?
Do you think that he is capable to brings the Stanley cup back in Montreal ?

P.S. I dont want to nibble with the Penguins fans and I wish them luck, I just think that will be nice if Malkin goes to the Hockeyland

Hell yeah... and I'd give up a loooooot for him!!!

Handlanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 07:04 PM
  #46
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
You're not and never been an athlete if you make these kind of comments. The flu is death for any intense cardio activity.

And yeah, it was really that one hit from Richards that changed everything. I mean Malkin has never been hit hard before and his mvp-like season until the finals was before not one touched him.

This is just hilarious. Yeah, nah we would never take a premier possibly generational talent because he had a bad final. But give Jordan Staal! The guy who was invisible for the whole season.
I was a hockey player myself and played with the flu. Yes it sucks and you lose energy but I can tell you once the Stanley Cup Finals roll around you don't care. Like I said earlier, if Crosby or Roberts had the flu you would not have noticed, they would have battled. Malone broke his nose with a puck to the face and came back right in front of the net battling his next shift. I doubt Malkin would have.

And I've never seen Malkin take a hit like the one Richards gave him, he doesn't get caught with his head down often. So no he's never been rocked that hard before.

I also said I wouldn't take him on the team based on the price he would command. I'd rather spend it on a Jordan Staal and then somewhere else. And yes Jordan had a poor regular season, but it's not like a sophomore slump ever happened before, no, never.

This is just my opinion, I'm entitled to it. To me when one disappears when it counts the most is the biggest turn-off as a hockey fan. Sorry but that's just the way I am.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 07:20 PM
  #47
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
**** that, 2 points in the Stanley Cup Finals? I don't care how good he is in the regular season, I don't want a player with no heart who gets "tired" when it counts most. I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.
May i suggest you to get that kind of bag ;


goalchenyuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 07:28 PM
  #48
icerocket
Registered User
 
icerocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atlantis
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post

This is just my opinion, I'm entitled to it. To me when one disappears when it counts the most is the biggest turn-off as a hockey fan. Sorry but that's just the way I am.
I'm so glad you aren't our GM.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 07:30 PM
  #49
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
**** that, 2 points in the Stanley Cup Finals? I don't care how good he is in the regular season, I don't want a player with no heart who gets "tired" when it counts most. I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.
Is that a joke? He's only 21.... I guess you would never have taken Datsyuk and Zetterberg prior to this season? Ridiculous.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 07:31 PM
  #50
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Oh boo-****ity-hoo the flu. What a loser. If he didn't play because he had "flu-like ailment" he's an even bigger wimp in my books. I mean come on, guys out there had much bigger injuries. Chara played well and he had a torn ****ing labrum. The flu, christ, what a baby. No heart, I'm glad he's not on my team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I was a hockey player myself and played with the flu. Yes it sucks and you lose energy but I can tell you once the Stanley Cup Finals roll around you don't care. Like I said earlier, if Crosby or Roberts had the flu you would not have noticed, they would have battled. Malone broke his nose with a puck to the face and came back right in front of the net battling his next shift. I doubt Malkin would have.

And I've never seen Malkin take a hit like the one Richards gave him, he doesn't get caught with his head down often. So no he's never been rocked that hard before.

I also said I wouldn't take him on the team based on the price he would command. I'd rather spend it on a Jordan Staal and then somewhere else. And yes Jordan had a poor regular season, but it's not like a sophomore slump ever happened before, no, never.

This is just my opinion, I'm entitled to it. To me when one disappears when it counts the most is the biggest turn-off as a hockey fan. Sorry but that's just the way I am.
you don't understand that you aren't going to convince anyone ...Your point of view doesn't make sens .


Last edited by goalchenyuk: 07-20-2008 at 11:23 AM.
goalchenyuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.