HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Alexander Frolov

Old
06-07-2008, 07:54 PM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

vCash: 500
Alexander Frolov

30 goal scorer, fantastic two way forward, cap hit of under 3 million, signed through 09/10. I was just wondering how much he's worth in the eyes of other teams. Would it be worth trading him for a good, young defensemen, or is he too valuable?

Thoughts?

aegwillnotwinthecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 07:57 PM
roast

I would think he's pretty much an untouchable from the Kings perspective unless you have some other top-tier talent coming the other way. I also think that may even be over looked considering how well he's established himself in LA.

roast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 07:59 PM
GernerPSU

Send a message via AIM to GernerPSU
I'd love him with the Pens if we don't get Hossa back, but I don't know if we have the pieces to do it. Wouldd Goligoski and a 1st be enough? I'm not sure, but Gogo has definitely raised his stocked this year in the AHL playoffs.

GernerPSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Martyros

for the last time NO! frolov is just as untouchable as kopitar. he's already considered a veteran and plays well in every aspect of the game. he currently has more value to the team with his experience and defensive skills than kopitar.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Phaneufed
Thrashers Fly 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by GernerPSU View Post
I'Wouldd Goligoski and a 1st be enough?
Not even close.

Phaneufed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

I'd love to have him on the Rangers. Hell, I'm sure anyone would want him on their team.

I highly doubt he gets moved, but if he did I'd imagine it would be for a really solid top-six forward and a top-tier d-man. Someone would really have to dish out a lot to get him

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Laoghaire

Vermette?

Laoghaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 09:43 PM
GabrielaV2

Frolov. Is. Not. Getting. Traded.

End of discussion.

GabrielaV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 09:48 PM
Moskau

vCash: 100
Frolov is worth a great roster player, a good prospect(top 1-3 for your team) and a high 1st rounder. You could swap the great roster player with a good roster player and a great prospect (top 5 or so league wide) and the first would have to be top 10 and a player LA really wanted would have to be on the board.

I can't think of a deal Buffalo could put together so I will use another player mentioned in the thread in Vermette. Vermette + Zubov + 1st + ? for Frolov and later round pick or 3rd/4th liner. And even then Lombardi would ask for Brian Lee before Zubov. Wouldn't happen on either end.

Moskau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Laoghaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
Frolov is worth a great roster player, a good prospect(top 1-3 for your team) and a high 1st rounder. You could swap the great roster player with a good roster player and a great prospect (top 5 or so league wide) and the first would have to be top 10 and a player LA really wanted would have to be on the board.

I can't think of a deal Buffalo could put together so I will use another player mentioned in the thread in Vermette. Vermette + Zubov + 1st + ? for Frolov and later round pick or 3rd/4th liner. And even then Lombardi would ask for Brian Lee before Zubov. Wouldn't happen on either end.
You are crazy. Zubov and Vermette would be fair.

Old
06-07-2008, 09:57 PM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielaV2 View Post
Frolov. Is. Not. Getting. Traded.

End of discussion.
Wow, thanks for pointing that out. Because, you know, that's what I said in my original post. I wasn't simply asking what his value would amount to around the league; I said we should trade him!

Moron.

aegwillnotwinthecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Moskau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnanigans View Post
You are crazy. Zubov and Vermette would be fair.
Not even close.

I'm pretty sick of hearing how Vermette is going to break out and become a 40 goal scorer. Every year I watch the Senators in the playoffs and ever year I wonder why he is getting playing time. He does nothing when the games are on lock down.

You know who does put up points when facing top opponents, while playing sound defense on absolute garbage teams? Frolov. He's also the same age as Vermette.

Old
06-07-2008, 10:14 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
I'm pretty sick of hearing how Vermette is going to break out and become a 40 goal scorer. Every year I watch the Senators in the playoffs and ever year I wonder why he is getting playing time. He does nothing when the games are on lock down.
Maybe he gets ice time because he does more than just score a good amount of points with little PP time? He's a top notch faceoff guy and one of the better PK guys in the league. Sorry if you can't recognize that. He'll go somewhere and break out when he's allowed to play with skilled guys more instead of Chris Kelly.

He's not worth Frolov, whose contract alone makes him have amazing value, but he's got a lot of value himself.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 10:15 PM
oilerfan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingswillwinthecup View Post
30 goal scorer, fantastic two way forward, cap hit of under 3 million, signed through 09/10. I was just wondering how much he's worth in the eyes of other teams. Would it be worth trading him for a good, young defensemen, or is he too valuable?

Thoughts?
Whoa there, the guy has hit 30 goals once in his career. I would hardly call him a 30-goal scorer. However, he certainly has the potential to be a perennial 30-goal scorer within the next few years.

He has incredible value around the league. Tons and tons of it.

oilerfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Moskau

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
He'll go somewhere and break out when he's allowed to play with skilled guys more instead of Chris Kelly.
I'd definitely take you on a friendly bet there. I say that Vermette goes to another team and does even less, statistically speaking.

Old
06-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Peter Griffin

I'd offer Alex Edler+ for Frolov if he was made available.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Laoghaire

Quote:
I'd definitely take you on a friendly bet there. I say that Vermette goes to another team and does even less, statistically speaking.
I'll take that bet. You could even name terms if you wanted.

Old
06-07-2008, 10:51 PM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Maybe he gets ice time because he does more than just score a good amount of points with little PP time? He's a top notch faceoff guy and one of the better PK guys in the league. Sorry if you can't recognize that. He'll go somewhere and break out when he's allowed to play with skilled guys more instead of Chris Kelly.

He's not worth Frolov, whose contract alone makes him have amazing value, but he's got a lot of value himself.
Vermette signed for 4 or 5 years at 3.5, Zubov or Frolov for 2 years before he walks and/or gets 6-7 per season? What would you rather have? I'll take the 50 points for 5 years instead of the 80 point guy with no playoff experience.

Btw, Frolov is infinitely better but he doesn't get Ottawa any closer to a cup.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 11:02 PM
Laoghaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by weownoctober View Post
Vermette signed for 4 or 5 years at 3.5, Zubov or Frolov for 2 years before he walks and/or gets 6-7 per season? What would you rather have? I'll take the 50 points for 5 years instead of the 80 point guy with no playoff experience.

Btw, Frolov is infinitely better but he doesn't get Ottawa any closer to a cup.
By "infinitely" you mean "marginally" right?

Old
06-07-2008, 11:06 PM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
70+ points >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 50+ points. He's exponentially better than Vermette.

Old
06-07-2008, 11:34 PM
Rod Buskas*

Quote:
didn't Vermette turtle and disappear like Spezza in the finals last year when the going got tough against Anaheim ?

Frolov plays a down low style and absorbs contact almost as much as any player in the league. His game is very well suited for the playoffs. Too bad we suck.

Rod Buskas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 12:01 AM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Buskas View Post
didn't Vermette turtle and disappear like Spezza in the finals last year when the going got tough against Anaheim ?

Frolov plays a down low style and absorbs contact almost as much as any player in the league. His game is very well suited for the playoffs. Too bad we suck.
Until Frolov gets there, you have no idea how he'll react in the playoffs, especially as a first timer. Doesn't appear he'll be getting there next season either so we'll have to wait on him a little while longer.

Old
06-08-2008, 12:15 AM
Fraction Jackson

I'd love to have Frolov on the Pens, but there's no way I could see him being moved for much of anything; Frolov's contract is very affordable for as good a player as he is. The same kind of thing applies for someone like Morrow, who is also underpaid, almost criminally so.

Fraction Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 12:30 AM
davegagnerskid

Quote:

Sounds like Vermette is a Jarret Stoll clone. Neither will garner Frolov unless they are add-ons from a much bigger deal.

davegagnerskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 03:25 AM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I'd love to have him on the Rangers. Hell, I'm sure anyone would want him on their team.

I highly doubt he gets moved, but if he did I'd imagine it would be for a really solid top-six forward and a top-tier d-man. Someone would really have to dish out a lot to get him
Not too out of reach if the deal starts with Marc Staal...
I imagine Staal + 09 1st for Frolov + Tukonen+ 08 2nd (48th overall) should cut it.

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote