HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Alexander Frolov

Old
06-08-2008, 12:32 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Buskas View Post
didn't Vermette turtle and disappear like Spezza in the finals last year when the going got tough against Anaheim ?
Vermette was one of the better forwards in the finals last year, behind Alfredsson and Fisher.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 01:13 PM
oilerfan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by weownoctober View Post
Until Frolov gets there, you have no idea how he'll react in the playoffs, especially as a first timer. Doesn't appear he'll be getting there next season either so we'll have to wait on him a little while longer.
The same could have been said of Philly at this time last year, and look how far they went. Judging whether or not a team will be competitive next season before the off season is even a week old is pretty asinine.

oilerfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Colonel Angus

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerfan17 View Post
The same could have been said of Philly at this time last year, and look how far they went. Judging whether or not a team will be competitive next season before the off season is even a week old is pretty asinine.
Sure, anything is possible, but it seems as if LA is in for a long rebuild. As seen in the Brad Stuart thread...

Quote:
Stuart had some contract talks with the Kings earlier this season.

"The message I kind of sensed was they don't expect to be a real good contender for three, four, five years," Stuart said. "I want to be on a team that has a chance to win now and in the future."
http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....y_for_cha.html

You knew Philly was going for the retooling route when they dealt for Biron at the deadline last year.

Back on topic, as a Sharks fan, I see Frolov as someone who would need severe overpayment for him to be dealt this offseason. If by next offseason Frolov indicates that he won't sign an extension, then I could see LA listening to offers.

Colonel Angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Armond White
Go Sabres!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
Maybe he gets ice time because he does more than just score a good amount of points with little PP time? He's a top notch faceoff guy and one of the better PK guys in the league. Sorry if you can't recognize that. He'll go somewhere and break out when he's allowed to play with skilled guys more instead of Chris Kelly.

He's not worth Frolov, whose contract alone makes him have amazing value, but he's got a lot of value himself.
If he were as good as people make him out to be the team would find a way to get him PP time and top-6 time...

..and every Sens fan wouldn't be tossing his name out in every proposal thread.

Armond White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 02:38 PM
turrible
Sens Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
Not even close.

I'm pretty sick of hearing how Vermette is going to break out and become a 40 goal scorer. Every year I watch the Senators in the playoffs and ever year I wonder why he is getting playing time. He does nothing when the games are on lock down.

You know who does put up points when facing top opponents, while playing sound defense on absolute garbage teams? Frolov. He's also the same age as Vermette.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
I'd definitely take you on a friendly bet there. I say that Vermette goes to another team and does even less, statistically speaking.
Good take. In all the years in Ottawa, on a team stacked with offensive talent, Vermette has only had real offensive chemistry with Stillman. And with Stillman's apparent departure, Vermette will likely struggle offensively next season. Vermette's late season hot streak is more of abberation then any indication of future success.

Vermette has been an offensive no show in the playoffs for the last two seasons, posting a pathetic 5 points in his last 24 playoff games, with a -2 plus/minus rating.

I'll would make that bet as well.

turrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 03:10 PM
The Judge

All I know about Frolov is that he is one of th best "stealer" of the puck in the league that is if you really watch a lot of the Kings games. He would have scored over 30 again this year if he were not playing with an injured groin this year. The best Kings passer next to Kopitar. Great strength with the puck. Deadly on breakaways. Above average defense:

Barring injuries he should have an 80 point year next year,

With that said his value : A top 6 forward, a prospect and a 1st round pick.

The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 04:38 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

I don't think Frolov is going anywhere unless we are talking about a yound top 2 defenseman that is very good.

Since most teams don't have those in abundance, I don't think he gets moved.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 06:06 PM
The Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I don't think Frolov is going anywhere unless we are talking about a young top 2 defenseman that is very good.

Since most teams don't have those in abundance, I don't think he gets moved.
I agree. Unless the Kings get an offer tough to refuse.

The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote