HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Olli Jokinen

Old
06-08-2008, 01:20 PM
BabyJagrov

vCash: 500
Olli Jokinen

It seems more and more likely that the Panthers will shop Jokinen at the draft weekend !

IMO Martin is looking for a young puck-moving defenseman and a first pick, or a young offensive star and a first pick...

There's been rumors of Gaborik vs Jokinen, I'm pretty sure he won't fetch that kind of package but what do YOU think ?

BabyJagrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 01:42 PM
SufferingCatFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagr View Post
It seems more and more likely that the Panthers will shop Jokinen at the draft weekend !

IMO Martin is looking for a young puck-moving defenseman and a first pick, or a young offensive star and a first pick...

There's been rumors of Gaborik vs Jokinen, I'm pretty sure he won't fetch that kind of package but what do YOU think ?
Jokinen is a durable, first line. scoring center signed for the next two seasons at a below market contract around $5mm per season. Somewhere there is a desperate GM, who needs to win now, who will over value Ollie and trade a king's ransom for him, which is the price that Martin is reportedly seeking.

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 01:45 PM
bigwillie

Send a message via AIM to bigwillie
How about:

To SJ: Jokinen

To FLA: Matt Carle, Devin Setoguchi, 1st

And this is assuming Marleau gets traded elsewhere.

bigwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 01:45 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:

Yeeeeeeaaaah, Gaborik isn't going for Jokinen. Minnie will move heaven and earth to hold onto him. If he can stay healthy for a season he'll get close to 50g and 100p. If Minnie loses him, they may as well fully rebuild.

I honestly think if the Cats are looking to move Jokinen, they should look for a bigger package of players rather then one big piece and a 1st. If they did something like Jokinen for a younger 2nd line player, an f-prospect with 1st line upside, a puckmoving d-prospect/kid with 1st pairing upside and a 1st, as long as they ask for the right players, I think it would be more beneficial in the long term.

Only exceptions being if Nashville, Minnie or Washington went crazy and offered up any of Weber, Burns or Green + a 1st, of course.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Peter

vCash: 50
Quote:

Bieska and 1st pick '09 for Jokinen

Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 01:47 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

If the Panthers are looking for a young puck moving defenseman and a pick the Canucks could offer something along the lines of...

Alex Edler
10th overall pick

Unfortunately a deal like this leaves Florida painfully thin up front.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Peter Griffin

Sedins and Edler/Bieksa for Jokinen and Bouwmeester? This is assuming that the Panthers can't get Bouwmeester to sign a long term contract, if not he's not going to be dealt.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Peter

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
If the Panthers are looking for a young puck moving defenseman and a pick the Canucks could offer something along the lines of...

Alex Edler
10th overall pick

Unfortunately a deal like this leaves Florida painfully thin up front.
I would say no to this...not saying Gillis would...but I would. Edler has more upside potential than Bieksa (IMO) and his salary is a lot less....I would not want to give up a top 10 pick ever...I am thinking our '09 pick would be much lower.

Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 02:00 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
I am thinking our '09 pick would be much lower.
And thus have much less value. You're not going to get a player such as Jokinen for a player coming off a very poor season and a 1st round pick. There's no motivation for the Panthers to make such a deal.

Old
06-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Lunatik*

Flames 1st, Lombardi & Irving for Jokinen?... Lombardi isn't a star but can be a decent 2nd line center and Irving has potential be be an excellent goaltender at the NHL level

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 02:13 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
Flames 1st, Lombardi & Irving for Jokinen?... Lombardi isn't a star but can be a decent 2nd line center and Irving has potential be be an excellent goaltender at the NHL level
If that's all it took I would hope Gillis would beat out that offer. Canucks' 1st, Schneider and Pyatt would be about the same if not more.

Old
06-08-2008, 02:39 PM
DownInFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
If that's all it took I would hope Gillis would beat out that offer. Canucks' 1st, Schneider and Pyatt would be about the same if not more.
actually less. Pyatt is not as good as Lombo. Irving and Schneider is a wash. Your first is a little better. I guess its pretty even. Jokinen will look good in Flames silks next year. Sutter has coveted him for like 4 years now. Just do it and put the rumors to rest already.

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 02:49 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames 4 Life View Post
actually less. Pyatt is not as good as Lombo. Irving and Schneider is a wash. Your first is a little better. I guess its pretty even. Jokinen will look good in Flames silks next year. Sutter has coveted him for like 4 years now. Just do it and put the rumors to rest already.
I wouldn't say Irving and Schneider are a wash. One has proven himself at the pro level, and done a fantastic job, while the other actually regressed in the junior ranks. The Canucks pick is actually worth quite a bit more as well IMO, being a top 10 pick in a draft that is said to have a bit of a dropoff after the first 9 or 10 picks. I think that makes up for the difference between Lombardi and Pyatt and possibly a bit more.

Old
06-08-2008, 02:58 PM
bananaz

flo: tanguay, 17th overall, irving
cal: olli, 40th overall

bananaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 02:59 PM
DownInFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
I wouldn't say Irving and Schneider are a wash. One has proven himself at the pro level, and done a fantastic job, while the other actually regressed in the junior ranks. The Canucks pick is actually worth quite a bit more as well IMO, being a top 10 pick in a draft that is said to have a bit of a dropoff after the first 9 or 10 picks. I think that makes up for the difference between Lombardi and Pyatt and possibly a bit more.
Schneider has proven nothing. Wasn't he quite the choke at the start of the year. Wasn't that what all the threads were in the Van forum asking "whats wrong with Schneider" and "will Schneider ever be a No 1". Irving didn't regress. Rather his team lost a few players and weren't as good as they were before. He faced more shots and many more difficult situations than before.

You are right about one thing the difference in the draft pick is quite a bit. There are still some promising young talents around at the 17th pick but the talents around at the 10 spot are better.

Pyatt is a fourth liner on any team not starved for forward depth. He might have third line upside but nothing more. Lombo carries a helluva lot more upside than does Pyatt. Lombo already plays to a level that Pyatt will never exceed.

All in all the values are about equal.

Old
06-08-2008, 03:04 PM
chi777

Pominville and Sekera for Joiknen

Pominville and Connolly for Joiknen

Connolly, Max, 1st, for Joikinen

chi777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 03:14 PM
The Overseer*

Quote:
Schneider has proven nothing. Wasn't he quite the choke at the start of the year. Wasn't that what all the threads were in the Van forum asking "whats wrong with Schneider" and "will Schneider ever be a No 1". Irving didn't regress. Rather his team lost a few players and weren't as good as they were before. He faced more shots and many more difficult situations than before.

You are right about one thing the difference in the draft pick is quite a bit. There are still some promising young talents around at the 17th pick but the talents around at the 10 spot are better.

Pyatt is a fourth liner on any team not starved for forward depth. He might have third line upside but nothing more. Lombo carries a helluva lot more upside than does Pyatt. Lombo already plays to a level that Pyatt will never exceed.

Almost everything in this post is dead wrong.

The Overseer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Schneider has proven nothing. Wasn't he quite the choke at the start of the year. Wasn't that what all the threads were in the Van forum asking "whats wrong with Schneider" and "will Schneider ever be a No 1".
It's called adjusting to the pro level. He had a poor first couple months, then went on to be arguably the best goaltender in the AHL the rest of the way.

Quote:
Perhaps. But even then, I doubt Florida would have any interest in either deal. If they are to move Jokinen they're going to want top level talent in return and neither deal provides that at the current time.

Also, Pyatt is in now way a "4th liner". He's a solid 3rd liner on virtually every team in the league. Lombardi has higher upside, I agree, but they put up similar numbers last season and Pyatt averaged less ice-time as well.

Old
06-08-2008, 03:21 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Considering Martin was asking the Nucks for the sedin twins just for Jokinen, some coach will either have to over pay for him, or Martin will have to under sell him.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 03:57 PM
FruityPants3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Considering Martin was asking the Nucks for the sedin twins just for Jokinen, some coach will either have to over pay for him, or Martin will have to under sell him.
Or Martin simply wasn't serious about moving him at the deadline.

FruityPants3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 04:28 PM
aliboy

Quote:
Schneider has proven nothing. Wasn't he quite the choke at the start of the year.
Schneider finished the season very strong, strong enough to greatly increase his trade value.

I think it would take a package including Edler or Kesler to land Jokinen. I don't know if Florida would want Krajicek back but I rather trade Kesler than Edler.

aliboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 04:29 PM
DownInFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandlak View Post
Almost everything in this post is dead on.
Fixed it for you.

Old
06-08-2008, 04:34 PM
davej0122

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi777 View Post
Pominville and Sekera for Joiknen

Pominville and Connolly for Joiknen

Connolly, Max, 1st, for Joikinen
pominville is one ofthe best two way forwards in the game, and he is young. HE led the team in plus minus and was second on the team with points. and he has too much upside and probable letter wearer next year

davej0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Yeeeeeeaaaah, Gaborik isn't going for Jokinen. Minnie will move heaven and earth to hold onto him. If he can stay healthy for a season he'll get close to 50g and 100p. If Minnie loses him, they may as well fully rebuild.

I honestly think if the Cats are looking to move Jokinen, they should look for a bigger package of players rather then one big piece and a 1st. If they did something like Jokinen for a younger 2nd line player, an f-prospect with 1st line upside, a puckmoving d-prospect/kid with 1st pairing upside and a 1st, as long as they ask for the right players, I think it would be more beneficial in the long term.

Only exceptions being if Nashville, Minnie or Washington went crazy and offered up any of Weber, Burns or Green + a 1st, of course.
Buahahahaha!

I would seriously consider rejecting an offer of the entire Florida Panthers roster for Mike Green and a first.

Bananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 04:47 PM
GNick42

Quote:

Montreal could offer you good price for Jokinen. Since they have a need for #1 center and have depth in prospects. We could go #1 pick, Gorges and ONE of our top prospects(Halak?, Chipchura, Maxwell, Fischer, ect...?)

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote