HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Package: Antoine Vermette + 42nd overall

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-08-2008, 12:21 PM
  #26
RDriesenUD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerfan17 View Post
Schremp, Chorney, Stoll, and Torres for Vermette and Fisher

Schremp projects to be a top-6 guy with top-line potential who can play every forward position. Chorney is a puck-moving, skating defenseman who just finished his junior year in college and has agreed to a contract with the Oilers (but he can't sign it officially until July 1st due to league rules). He projects to be at least a top-4 defenseman. Stoll is a downgrade offensively from Vermette (assuming he doesn't rebound), but is still good defensively and on ST. Torres is there to clear some more salary from an EDM perspective. How does that sound, value-wise? And please, I don't want this to be another "Stoll and Torres have no value" thread.
why would Edmonton do that?

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 12:26 PM
  #27
Dionysus
Registered User
 
Dionysus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Around the bend
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,169
vCash: 50
Either Vermette to Columbus for the 19th or Vermette + 42nd + Zubov for Suter. Those are the deals I would hope for.

Dionysus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 12:42 PM
  #28
errey21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 454
vCash: 500
Another CBJ fan chiming in.

I would absolutely trade the #19/plus for Vermette. I think we could only hope to get a player with Vermettes skill set at #19 and they wont be ready for a few years.

I would think a fair trade could be worked out between the two. From the first post it sounds as if Vermette is behind two centers in Ottawa so will play out of position depth wise and will want/need too much money to play as a #3 center when Ottawa needs to spend that money elsewhere.

How about you just send us Vermette, go ahead and keep the #42 to try to balance things out more.

We send you #19 and one of......
OKT - two years ago looked like a very physical top four but hurt his neck and this year looked like a decent bottom pair. Got surgery and they say he should be good. A little risk on your side, but he is NHL ready and if healthy again, could be very good.

Methot - I for one would do this under the give to get. I dont know why Methot didnt play for us all year. I think he is ready. Big kid, physical, defensive defenseman.

Brule - stil young, maybe needs a change of scenery. Your initial post said top six potential even though they might not get there. This is the first name that popped up for me.

I dont know if that is enough on our end????? But I think these two teams could work something out.

errey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 01:13 PM
  #29
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,654
vCash: 50
well, lots of interesting discussion from columbus fans - which is good, as columbus was a team i have had in mind all year for vermette.

I can take the 42nd out, but thats not going to change the fact that ottawa will need a serious player or good prospect back to compensate for the loss of a roster player.

OKT is nice, but schubert is essentially an equivalent player, so i dont really see the need for OKT on our team. If ottawa is adding a defenceman this summer, its going to be someone in the #4 spot who can play significant pp time.

Methot is a guy i really like, and think he would fit in real well in ottawa. one CBJ fan says thats impossible, but i think when push comes to shove, it might be needed. As for brule, i dont know if he's enough. I know he's still 21, but in 3 seasons in the NHL he's proved nothing. He actually looks like he could be following vermette's long learning curve, which means he might not be a gamer until he's 25. At least methot hasnt shown he's busting yet.

__________________
RIP Kev.
danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 01:16 PM
  #30
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
Columbus does seem to be an interesting fit, in that they have a perfect hole for vermette to fill. Columbus also has a glut of goaltending prospects, a hole that is quite evident in ottawa.
I believe that Vermette would be the ideal addition in Phoenix, as well. I'm just not sure they have the will, or the firepower to win a bidding war, for him.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 01:46 PM
  #31
Laoghaire
Registered User
 
Laoghaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #11_THEBEST! View Post
I can see CBJ making a move for Vermette. He definitely has the skillset and can put up about 60 points with Rick Nash if chemistry develops.
He put up 50 points with Chris Kelly, I think he can do more with Nash. I'm betting 70-80 wouldn't be out of reach.

Laoghaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 01:56 PM
  #32
FrankMTL
Registered User
 
FrankMTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerfan17 View Post
Schremp, Chorney, Stoll, and Torres for Vermette and Fisher

Schremp projects to be a top-6 guy with top-line potential who can play every forward position. Chorney is a puck-moving, skating defenseman who just finished his junior year in college and has agreed to a contract with the Oilers (but he can't sign it officially until July 1st due to league rules). He projects to be at least a top-4 defenseman. Stoll is a downgrade offensively from Vermette (assuming he doesn't rebound), but is still good defensively and on ST. Torres is there to clear some more salary from an EDM perspective. How does that sound, value-wise? And please, I don't want this to be another "Stoll and Torres have no value" thread.
Well.....I don't want to say Stoll and Torres have no value, because they are Okay players. I prefer Stoll to Torres. Edmonton would still be getting the best 2 players in the deal. Schremp has proved nothing yet and who knows if he will ever make the NHL let alone be a top 6 forward....he's a huge question mark. Chorney I actually like and have heard good things...

I'm not a fan of either team, but from Ottawa's perspective, i'm sure there are much better deals on the table for two of the leagues better 2 way forwards.

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 02:00 PM
  #33
X0ssbar
 
X0ssbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: ...on a star!
Country: United States
Posts: 13,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
well, lots of interesting discussion from columbus fans - which is good, as columbus was a team i have had in mind all year for vermette.

I can take the 42nd out, but thats not going to change the fact that ottawa will need a serious player or good prospect back to compensate for the loss of a roster player.

OKT is nice, but schubert is essentially an equivalent player, so i dont really see the need for OKT on our team. If ottawa is adding a defenceman this summer, its going to be someone in the #4 spot who can play significant pp time.

Methot is a guy i really like, and think he would fit in real well in ottawa. one CBJ fan says thats impossible, but i think when push comes to shove, it might be needed. As for brule, i dont know if he's enough. I know he's still 21, but in 3 seasons in the NHL he's proved nothing. He actually looks like he could be following vermette's long learning curve, which means he might not be a gamer until he's 25. At least methot hasnt shown he's busting yet.
Good post. I can't really disagree with any of it.

End of the day I think both have the assets each other are looking for to get something done.

X0ssbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 02:10 PM
  #34
RDriesenUD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,902
vCash: 500
nfm.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 03:36 PM
  #35
SammyTheBull
Registered User
 
SammyTheBull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,517
vCash: 984
I would hate for Vermette to get traded...Vermette > Fisher. But if he does it would be nice to see him get 2nd line minutes and who knows first line minutes and show his true potential, maybe in Colombus?

SammyTheBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 03:45 PM
  #36
The Fuhr
Registered User
 
The Fuhr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hamilton,Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by errey21 View Post
Another CBJ fan chiming in.

I would absolutely trade the #19/plus for Vermette. I think we could only hope to get a player with Vermettes skill set at #19 and they wont be ready for a few years.

I would think a fair trade could be worked out between the two. From the first post it sounds as if Vermette is behind two centers in Ottawa so will play out of position depth wise and will want/need too much money to play as a #3 center when Ottawa needs to spend that money elsewhere.

How about you just send us Vermette, go ahead and keep the #42 to try to balance things out more.

We send you #19 and one of......
OKT - two years ago looked like a very physical top four but hurt his neck and this year looked like a decent bottom pair. Got surgery and they say he should be good. A little risk on your side, but he is NHL ready and if healthy again, could be very good.

Methot - I for one would do this under the give to get. I dont know why Methot didnt play for us all year. I think he is ready. Big kid, physical, defensive defenseman.

Brule - stil young, maybe needs a change of scenery. Your initial post said top six potential even though they might not get there. This is the first name that popped up for me.

I dont know if that is enough on our end????? But I think these two teams could work something out.
As a Sens fan I would like to get Plekhanov out of Columbus. He probably steps into the NHL in 09/10 after having a monster AHL season this year. His shot is absolutely ridiculous and the rest of his game is developing nicely. Plekhanov along with Lee could form a deadly PP combo in a few seasons.

So something like Vermette + 42nd pick for 19th pick + Plekhanov + Brule would be awesome.

The Fuhr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 04:54 PM
  #37
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,654
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhr86 View Post

So something like Vermette + 42nd pick for 19th pick + Plekhanov + Brule would be awesome.
I think that might be just the type of piece needed to put a brule offer over the top... but now that you have endorsed him, i suspect plekhanov would never last long-term in ottawa (kelly, emery, ...)


and to all the sens fans that have (and will) say they dont think we should trade vermette, and vermette is much better than fisher... thats not the point. Fisher has signed a new contract with a limited NTC kicking in. He is also still the heart of this team after alfredsson. If fisher and spezza are going to be our first two centres, its very hard to justify paying vermette market value for his services. That is why the sens should seriously consider trading him this summer, rather than loosing him for nothing next year or overpaying him and being stuck with a mess.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 05:14 PM
  #38
OttawaGM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,836
vCash: 500
If I'm moving Vermette it's in a package for a top 4 D or a top 10 pick. We have no need for a 19th pick and a bunch of so so players.

OttawaGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 06:06 PM
  #39
Agent007
Registered User
 
Agent007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,582
vCash: 500
As a Canucks fan I might have some interest in Vermette but it all depends on what else happens at the draft.

For example if Hodgson, Wilson, Boedker and the other top 6 players are all gone by the time the 10th pick comes around then I'd consider trading the 10th pick for some help now.

Instead of trading the 10th pick straight up for the 42nd and Vermette I'd like to see if a team like Nashville would have interest in trading the 15th pick and the 31st pick for the 10th pick and then flipping the 15th pick for the 42nd and Vermette.

Basically you'd trade the 10th pick for Vermette, 31st overall pick and the 42nd overall pick which IMO is pretty fair value especially in a draft as deep as this.

It all depends on what else is out there but something could be worked out.

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 06:12 PM
  #40
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain
 
Blades of Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 18,334
vCash: 500
Any interest in Matt Carle? I'm not sure Ottawa would afford it, but even though Carle is coming off a terrible season, he's likely to rebound and rack up 40+ points next season, especially playing on a #1 powerplay unit.

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 06:13 PM
  #41
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain
 
Blades of Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 18,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesen16 View Post
why would Edmonton do that?
Is this a joke? They give up two prospects and a center with major injury question marks and receive two top six forwards in return. That said, Edmonton would have too many centers if they made this deal, and Ottawa would never do it. If Ottawa made this deal, it would mean they were rebuilding, and they're not.

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 06:14 PM
  #42
Comely
Registered User
 
Comely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 1,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post
As a Canucks fan I might have some interest in Vermette but it all depends on what else happens at the draft.

For example if Hodgson, Wilson, Boedker and the other top 6 players are all gone by the time the 10th pick comes around then I'd consider trading the 10th pick for some help now.

Instead of trading the 10th pick straight up for the 42nd and Vermette I'd like to see if a team like Nashville would have interest in trading the 15th pick and the 31st pick for the 10th pick and then flipping the 15th pick for the 42nd and Vermette.

Basically you'd trade the 10th pick for Vermette, 31st overall pick and the 42nd overall pick which IMO is pretty fair value especially in a draft as deep as this.

It all depends on what else is out there but something could be worked out.
Can you make a trade during the draft? I dont think you can wait to see who gets picked at 1-9 before making the trade. I also wouldnt Give you Vermette and the 42nd for the 15th. I would maybe give Vermette for just the 15th if we cant get a top 4 D but that is unlikely.

To me the ideal trade is Vermette for Van Ryn. I just dont know how much Florida needs Vermette.

Comely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 06:18 PM
  #43
pitseleh
Registered User
 
pitseleh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comely View Post
Can you make a trade during the draft? I dont think you can wait to see who gets picked at 1-9 before making the trade. I also wouldnt Give you Vermette and the 42nd for the 15th. I would maybe give Vermette for just the 15th if we cant get a top 4 D but that is unlikely.
You can make trades during the draft. I'd be pretty content with a Vermette/42nd for the 10th swap.

If the Senators want defense, maybe Bieksa (plus a pick if necessary) for Vermette and the 42nd?

pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 06:20 PM
  #44
Better Call Saul
Registered User
 
Better Call Saul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 5,270
vCash: 500
Really gifted two-way forward, great face-off man, but he's struggled in the playoffs (34 games, seven points). Still, Vermette as a Blue Jacket would make a lot of sense for C-bus.

Better Call Saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 06:21 PM
  #45
Roof Daddy
Registered User
 
Roof Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 7,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comely View Post
Can you make a trade during the draft? I dont think you can wait to see who gets picked at 1-9 before making the trade. I also wouldnt Give you Vermette and the 42nd for the 15th. I would maybe give Vermette for just the 15th if we cant get a top 4 D but that is unlikely.

To me the ideal trade is Vermette for Van Ryn. I just dont know how much Florida needs Vermette.
Uhhh, yeah. Why wouldn't you be able to trade during the draft?

In 2000 Kevin Lowe waited to see if the player he coveted fell to the Islanders spot in the 2nd rd (Brad Winchester... ugh) before he pulled the trigger on the Hamrlik for Brewer and NYI's 2nd rder (35th pick).

Roof Daddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 06:23 PM
  #46
Comely
Registered User
 
Comely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 1,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Uhhh, yeah. Why wouldn't you be able to trade during the draft?

In 2000 Kevin Lowe waited to see if the player he coveted fell to the Islanders spot in the 2nd rd (Brad Winchester... ugh) before he pulled the trigger on the Hamrlik for Brewer and NYI's 2nd rder (35th pick).
Well yes but that was between rounds which is differnt then trading durring rounds.

Comely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 06:24 PM
  #47
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,654
vCash: 50
it seems that fans of different teams come in waves...

vancouver is also a good fit for vermette due to their need for secondary scoring. I would expect it would however require kesler's moving to the wing.

10th overall would be just the type of offer i was originally looking for in this thread. Bieksa is also a good offer, but i would be inclined to remove the pick there. Also, is bieksa really expendable any more (bourdon).

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 06:26 PM
  #48
pitseleh
Registered User
 
pitseleh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comely View Post
Well yes but that was between rounds which is differnt then trading durring rounds.
When Sharks traded up to get Setoguchi, if I remember correctly, it was while the pick was on the clock.

pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 06:34 PM
  #49
Comely
Registered User
 
Comely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 1,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
it seems that fans of different teams come in waves...

vancouver is also a good fit for vermette due to their need for secondary scoring. I would expect it would however require kesler's moving to the wing.

10th overall would be just the type of offer i was originally looking for in this thread. Bieksa is also a good offer, but i would be inclined to remove the pick there. Also, is bieksa really expendable any more (bourdon).
I would Trade Vermette for Bieksa for sure. To me that is exactly the type of trade the Sens are looking for. In fact I would be willing to take one of a number of Vancouver defencemen; Salo, Ohlund, Bieksa, Edler. I think even after the unfortunte events of this off season the Canucks are still defence rich and although some of those D I listed are worth more then Vermette I would be happy with a Trade that involved Vermette for any one of the 4. Ohlund being the least desirable as he only has 1 year left on his contract.

Comely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 06:35 PM
  #50
Comely
Registered User
 
Comely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 1,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh View Post
When Sharks traded up to get Setoguchi, if I remember correctly, it was while the pick was on the clock.
I may very well be wrong seems like an odd thing to be able to do to me.

Comely is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.