HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Package: Antoine Vermette + 42nd overall

Old
06-08-2008, 06:41 PM
OldGoaltender

vCash: 500
Another Jacket fan here. I don't think the Sens would have to throw in a pick for Vermette. I would think an even swap for our 19th would be fair for both sides. Now if you want one of our better prospects then other pieces would be needed. I would imagine Brule could be had though and OKT.

Now I'm one of the Jacket fans who really likes Speeza. I'd be willing to throw in our 19th and second round pick along with Brule and a couple of other players or prospects for Speeza and Vermette.

OldGoaltender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Comely

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGoaltender View Post
Another Jacket fan here. I don't think the Sens would have to throw in a pick for Vermette. I would think an even swap for our 19th would be fair for both sides. Now if you want one of our better prospects then other pieces would be needed. I would imagine Brule could be had though and OKT.

Now I'm one of the Jacket fans who really likes Speeza. I'd be willing to throw in our 19th and second round pick along with Brule and a couple of other players or prospects for Speeza and Vermette.
Spezza is not getting traded, if he was you would be looking at the 6th, 19th and Zherdev just for him.

Comely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 06:45 PM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

Quote:

I know many on here have their judgment of Spezza clouded by his bad playoffs, but in case we forget, he put up 92 points this season, and hasn't put up less than 87 points in a season since the lockout, despite playing less than 70 games in two of the three seasons.

That deal is not enough for Spezza alone, let alone with Vermette. If you want Spezza and Vermette, you're talking about the sixth overall pick, Voracek/Zherdev, and even the 19th overall pick just to get Ottawa talking.

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 06:45 PM
SCinSJ
Sith Lord Burns

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh View Post
When Sharks traded up to get Setoguchi, if I remember correctly, it was while the pick was on the clock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comely View Post
I may very well be wrong seems like an odd thing to be able to do to me.
Pretty sure that is the way it went down...

SCinSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 06:46 PM
OldGoaltender

Quote:
Spezza is not getting traded, if he was you would be looking at the 6th, 19th and Zherdev just for him.
I'd trade both first rounders, Brule, Rusty and Methot for those two. Of course I'm not the GM, and for obvious reasons.

Old
06-08-2008, 06:47 PM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

Quote:
I'd trade both first rounders, Brule, Rusty and Methot for those two. Of course I'm not the GM, and for obvious reasons.
And Ottawa still would hang up the phone unless they received Zherdev or Voracek in the deal. You can't trade a player as prolific as Spezza for draft picks and mid-level to above-average prospects.

Old
06-08-2008, 06:48 PM
OldGoaltender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades of Glory View Post
I know many on here have their judgment of Spezza clouded by his bad playoffs, but in case we forget, he put up 92 points this season, and hasn't put up less than 87 points in a season since the lockout, despite playing less than 70 games in two of the three seasons.

That deal is not enough for Spezza alone, let alone with Vermette. If you want Spezza and Vermette, you're talking about the sixth overall pick, Voracek/Zherdev, and even the 19th overall pick just to get Ottawa talking.
I couldn't part with Jakub. Z maybe but no way Voracek. That kid has special written all over him. I guess will just stick with Vermette for our 19th and be happy.

Old
06-08-2008, 06:49 PM
ScubaSteve*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaGM View Post
If I'm moving Vermette it's in a package for a top 4 D or a top 10 pick. We have no need for a 19th pick and a bunch of so so players.
Philippe Boucher and a late round pick?

ScubaSteve* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 06:52 PM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

Quote:
I couldn't part with Jakub. Z maybe but no way Voracek. That kid has special written all over him. I guess will just stick with Vermette for our 19th and be happy.
I know Voracek is looking like something special, but Spezza, when healthy, is one of the top five centers in the league. As good as Voracek is, it's unlikely he ever puts up the numbers Spezza has consistently put up over the past three seasons, and will continue to do as he enters his prime (he's only 24).

Spezza could turn Nash into a 60 goal scorer.

Old
06-08-2008, 06:57 PM
OldGoaltender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades of Glory View Post
I know Voracek is looking like something special, but Spezza, when healthy, is one of the top five centers in the league. As good as Voracek is, it's unlikely he ever puts up the numbers Spezza has consistently put up over the past three seasons, and will continue to do as he enters his prime (he's only 24).

Spezza could turn Nash into a 60 goal scorer.
You'll get no argument from me on that. I'd rather trade both of our first rounders and Z along with Brule and even our second rounder for Vermette and Speeza. I think the Jackets have a ton of talent in the pipeline and drafting more youngsters is great for the future but if a good portion pan out then where will Howson and Hitch play these draft picks.

Heck with Mason so close to being ready I'd almost look at packaging Pazzy. I know that's blasphemy to some of my Jacket brethren but...

Old
06-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
vancouver is also a good fit for vermette due to their need for secondary scoring. I would expect it would however require kesler's moving to the wing.
Why's that? Vermette centering the 2nd line, Kesler centering the checking line, seems to work to me.

Quote:
10th overall would be just the type of offer i was originally looking for in this thread. Bieksa is also a good offer, but i would be inclined to remove the pick there. Also, is bieksa really expendable any more (bourdon).
Personally, I'd only move the 10th for Vermette if the 42nd was also involved and none of Wilson, Hodgson, Boedker or the other top 6 are left on the board. But Vermette would be a nice addition to the Canucks' top 6 given he's got 30-30 potential, is a great skater, excellent and excellent at face-offs.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 07:28 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
But Vermette would be a nice addition to the Canucks' top 6 given he's got 30-30 potential, is a great skater, excellent and excellent at face-offs.
Absolutely. The Canucks were killed by their lack of offense and Vermette would be a great way to work towards a remedy to that problem.

I know Vermette is mainly used as a center, but doesn't he play a little wing as well? I know somebody mentioned wanting Suter, but that would only happen if Vermette can play wing, as the Predators have clear-cut first and second line centers (Arnott and Legwand, respectively) already.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 07:31 PM
Ouroboros

vCash: 50
Vermette can play the left wing pretty well. He's better as a center but he can do it.

Ouroboros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Comely

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Absolutely. The Canucks were killed by their lack of offense and Vermette would be a great way to work towards a remedy to that problem.

I know Vermette is mainly used as a center, but doesn't he play a little wing as well? I know somebody mentioned wanting Suter, but that would only happen if Vermette can play wing, as the Predators have clear-cut first and second line centers (Arnott and Legwand, respectively) already.
Suter would be fantastic, but I can only see that happening if Nashville has trouble signing him. Vermette can play left wing as well (in fact in most places he is listed as a LW) but he is better at the centre position plus he owns the face off circle.

Old
06-08-2008, 07:57 PM
SammyTheBull

vCash: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
Vermette can play the left wing pretty well. He's better as a center but he can do it.
Yeah, seen it several times with the constant line juggling that was Ottawa last season. He will take the face-off, since he's so good at them, and just switch to wing.

SammyTheBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 07:58 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
Quote:
spezza is allready special.

And in response to one of your earlier posts -- Vermette for the 19th alone is a no-go. Ottawa needs something concrete in return unless you're offering a high pick. 19th alone is too much risk to lose a guy like vermette for.

06-08-2008, 08:38 PM
OldGoaltender

Quote:

And in response to one of your earlier posts -- Vermette for the 19th alone is a no-go. Ottawa needs something concrete in return unless you're offering a high pick. 19th alone is too much risk to lose a guy like vermette for.
I'd have no problem adding Brule to the mix to get the deal done, but I'd like the rights to Redden.

Old
06-08-2008, 08:45 PM
Shark Staal
Woah

To OTT:20th pick, Dupont

To NYR: 42nd, Vermette

Shark Staal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 08:51 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:

go ahead and re-sign him then. at some point, you will run out of money.

or we can just go ahead and sign him to a sheet that your gm likely wont match and you can have an even worse (than 19) first rounder next year and a 3rd.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Comely

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
To OTT:20th pick, Dupont

To NYR: 42nd, Vermette
not a chance, we dont really need any more third or fourth liners but if NYR wanted him we could do
42nd and Vermette for 20th and Girardi

Old
06-08-2008, 08:52 PM
Shark Staal
Woah

Quote:
not a chance, we dont really need any more third or fourth liners but if NYR wanted him we could do
42nd and Vermette for 20th and Girardi
Girardi won't go anywhere, what about instead of Girardi its Bourret

Shark Staal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Comely

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesen16 View Post
go ahead and re-sign him then. at some point, you will run out of money.

or we can just go ahead and sign him to a sheet your gm likely wont match and you can have an even worse (than 19) first rounder next year and a 3rd.
Eventually we will run out of money, that doesnt mean we will trade players below their value. If he leaves to an offersheet so be it I will take the gamble on the 1st over just the 19th simply because there is a 60% chance it will be better plus we get a third good enough odds for me.

Old
06-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Comely

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
Girardi won't go anywhere, what about instead of Girardi its Bourret
Bourett is a decent prospect but the reality is we dont make good trading partners. Ottawa needs a top four D or a top 6 Winger. Worse comes to worse we would take a bottom pairing D and a pick. Unfortently since the Rangers are losing so many D to UFA they dont have the right players for the trade.

Old
06-08-2008, 10:49 PM
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam

I would love to see Vermette in Anaheim as our second line center, but I don't think Ottawa and Anaheim make very good trade partners.

heusy_79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 11:48 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
i figured if someone was giving up a low first or high second, they want another pick back in return. 42nd is the most valuable tradeable pick the sens have.

To the poster who said that i may be underestimating the cost of trading up, i would say that i am not being unreasonable. I'm not expecting a top 10 pick at all, but rather something in the 11-17 area. I think vermette's value is sort of an enigma - he has great defensive play, solid offensive numbers, and the potential to anchor a second line, but he hasnt had the opportunity to do that in ottawa. If a gm sees what many sens fans see (and are fairly infuriated that because of the fisher contract, he really will never be given a chance), vermette could get a sizeable return. If not, its probably not worth it for ottawa to trade him yet.
the Flames have the 17th overall pick and as a Flames fan I would gladly move it for Vermette and the 42nd pick

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote