HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

mike komy(komisarek)

Closed Thread

Old
05-27-2004, 02:29 PM
neg marron

vCash: 500
no doubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by db23
Komo will be the Habs top scoring defenceman within two years. He and Andrei Markov will be the best pairing in the league by the end of next season.

Komisarek has huge undeveloped potential, much more than Pitkanen or Bouwmeester. He will be a All Star without a doubt, and one of the most recognizable players in the game.
bouwmeester is not even have as good as komy he's bigger j bow but when it comes to hockey sense bouwmeester is smart and komy is a frigging genius

Old
05-27-2004, 02:36 PM
Aarex

Quote:
Komo will be the Habs top scoring defenceman within two years. He and Andrei Markov will be the best pairing in the league by the end of next season.

Komisarek has huge undeveloped potential, much more than Pitkanen or Bouwmeester. He will be a All Star without a doubt, and one of the most recognizable players in the game.

This is one of the first times that not only DB23 actually LIKES a player but there is no stats mentioned at all

Old
05-27-2004, 02:49 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydified
This is one of the first times that not only DB23 actually LIKES a player but there is no stats mentioned at all

I dont get him, he's either way too optimistic or way too pessimistic.

Old
05-28-2004, 02:16 AM
Madevilz

well, he wont be the top scoring dman... nor will markov-komo be the best paring in the league... but certainly the best in the team

GO KOMO GO!!!

Old
05-28-2004, 12:15 PM
Habs

Quote:

Komisarek was never touted as a high-scoring blueliner, nor should he projected to be.

He's more of a Scott Stevens type of defencmean. Solid, punishing and capable in his own end.

If he ever had more than 25 points I'd be pleasantly surprised.

Old
05-28-2004, 01:39 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
Komisarek was never touted as a high-scoring blueliner, nor should he projected to be.

He's more of a Scott Stevens type of defencmean. Solid, punishing and capable in his own end.

If he ever had more than 25 points I'd be pleasantly surprised.
I agree, Komisarek will complement an offensive d-man, who will give him holes to play with... and has very good tools for an Offensive d-man to play with... But I also dont expect him to post major points.

Old
05-28-2004, 02:51 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania
You are this high on Komi, but so low on Kats??

Is this sarcasm i detect??

Yup, I think your sarcasm detecter is right on the money.

Old
05-28-2004, 07:29 PM
db23

No sarcasm at all. I think that Komisarek can be the best defenceman in the league in time.

As for offense, he has certainly shown signs of being able to put up points. As a 16 year old in the EJHL he scored 41 points. The top two EJHL prospects in this years draft are 18 year old FORWARDS who scored 39 and 40 points respectively.

As a sophomore in the CCHA he was the second highest scoring defenceman to J.M. Liles who was 2 years older. Just a couple of points behind him. Liles is a regular on the Avs powerplay and was one of the highest rookie D man in points this past season.

In the AHL, Mike was the highest scoring rookie defenceman by quite a margin when he was called up. His PPG average was nearly double that of Dan Hamhuis when both were AHL rookies. He had more points on the Hamilton blueline than M.A. Bergeron who is now a regular on the Edmonton P.P.

Once the coaches let Mike handle the puck, you will really start to see some surprising skill.

Old
05-28-2004, 07:55 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
No sarcasm at all. I think that Komisarek can be the best defenceman in the league in time.

As for offense, he has certainly shown signs of being able to put up points. As a 16 year old in the EJHL he scored 41 points. The top two EJHL prospects in this years draft are 18 year old FORWARDS who scored 39 and 40 points respectively.

As a sophomore in the CCHA he was the second highest scoring defenceman to J.M. Liles who was 2 years older. Just a couple of points behind him. Liles is a regular on the Avs powerplay and was one of the highest rookie D man in points this past season.

In the AHL, Mike was the highest scoring rookie defenceman by quite a margin when he was called up. His PPG average was nearly double that of Dan Hamhuis when both were AHL rookies. He had more points on the Hamilton blueline than M.A. Bergeron who is now a regular on the Edmonton P.P.

Once the coaches let Mike handle the puck, you will really start to see some surprising skill.
I like your optimism. As for the Stevens comparisons (by other posters), he has managed to amass over 900 points. He had 4 seasons over 60 points. If Komisarek's offensive upside is limited to that of a Scott Stevens, then so much the better.

Komisarek looked very good at times during the stretch before the playoffs. He can make crisp up ice passes. He can also handle the puck -- he skates with his head up, and he has very good reach. When his feet are moving, he looks comfortable handling the puck.

He still has problems when being pressured. He sometimes looks like he's thinking instead of reacting. He must really improve the rate at which he processes the game. His turnovers are usually caused by a slight hesitation, a moment of indecision as to what to do. These usually occur when he's standing still, which might be solvable with better positioning.

But I cautiously endorse your optimistic projection.

Old
05-28-2004, 08:07 PM
EaGLE1

Well it's to early to tell...but i see him posting about 25-30 pts every seasons.
You don't even have a clue of how he can be good in the NHL. We only saw about 60-70 games of 10 min of ice-time cutted in 2 seasons. He will be a Darian Hatcher clone!!!

Closed Thread