HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Green

Old
06-09-2008, 04:00 PM
NYRangers17

vCash: 500
Mike Green

RFA this offseason. Just wondering what you guys would send him as far as an offer sheet and/or what you would trade for him? Great skill and perhaps perfect fit for our need for a puck moving d-man.

NYRangers17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 04:10 PM
geisenNYR

Washington won't let him go.

geisenNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 04:10 PM
McDonagh27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers17 View Post
RFA this offseason. Just wondering what you guys would send him as far as an offer sheet and/or what you would trade for him? Great skill and perhaps perfect fit for our need for a puck moving d-man.
I would honestly give up anyone not named Lundqvist, Staal, Dubinsky or Gomez for this guy.. He's exactly what we need. A capable #1 or 2 dman to pair with Staal at a cheaper price than Campbell.

McDonagh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 04:11 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Green would be nuts to leave a great owner and a great teammate/teammates.

He'll resign with the Caps.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 04:26 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrstrakanylander View Post
I would honestly give up anyone not named Lundqvist or Staal for this guy.. He's exactly what we need. A capable #1 or 2 dman to pair with Staal at a cheaper price than Campbell.
Fixed.

With that said, it isn't happening.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 04:27 PM
McRanger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Green would be nuts to leave a great owner and a great teammate/teammates.

He'll resign with the Caps.
Whaddya mean? We got Dolan.

McRanger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 04:28 PM
newyorkrangers11

the chance of him not returning to Wash is the same as the chances Crosby will be able to grow a full beard next year...

newyorkrangers11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Speedtrials

Mike Green is an excellent player, but since we already have Bobby Sanguinetti in our system, I would rather use our assets for some other need.

Speedtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 04:32 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDrury23 View Post
Whaddya mean? We got Dolan.
Yeah, we're lucky

What sucks is I was a big fan of Green at the time of the '04 draft, talked him up on here for months. The knock against him was his size, which was ridiculous cause he was already 6'0. I was hoping we could get him in the late 1st/early 2nd by trading a few of those 2nd rounders.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 04:38 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedtrials View Post
Mike Green is an excellent player, but since we already have Bobby Sanguinetti in our system, I would rather use our assets for some other need.
Good point. I'm sure Sanguinetti is well aware we need an offensive defenseman, and he knows he will have to step up eventually once he's called upon.

Green isn't going anywhere, and if we resign Rozsival I don't see where there would be room for him. Even if we don't and by some miracle Green ends up here, our first defensive pairing will possibly consist of two players that have extremely limited experience.

Makes little sense

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 06:46 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
So what exactly is a bigger need than offensive defenseman?

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 06:58 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
So what exactly is a bigger need than offensive defenseman?
young goal scoring winger with size.......

big tough defenseman who will play against other teams best lines and make it hard to play the rangers in the playoffs(komisarek like)

i think a player like redden or liles could fill the offensive defenseman void, however filling the other two may be more difficult as they arent in the organization right now

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Celestial Black

He definitely would be nice to have but Washington is not going to give away one of their "young guns." At least not for anything we have that we can spare.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 07:24 PM
otto1219

would love to have mike green, but hes not going anywhere. Sangs should end up hopefully being a similar player.

otto1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Lady Vengeance
FTTW

man, I would love to see him in a Rangers sweater, but not yet. Offensively, he's pretty much exactly what we want from a D-man, but his defensive play needs some serious work. He is young, though, and I think once he fully matures as a player, he's going to be a beast. Of course, by then we probably wouldn't be able to afford him, so maybe we should be taking a look at him now, give him a chance to grow in our system.

Lady Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Levitate

Greens defense isn't that bad. He's not your typical "all offense no defense" offensive defenseman. He reads the play quite well and jumps in at good times. I'm sure he could continue to improve on his defensive game, but he's a pretty impressive all around guy right now. I'd give a lot to have him on the Rangers

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

vCash: 529
Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Greens defense isn't that bad. He's not your typical "all offense no defense" offensive defenseman. He reads the play quite well and jumps in at good times. I'm sure he could continue to improve on his defensive game, but he's a pretty impressive all around guy right now. I'd give a lot to have him on the Rangers
He was garbage defensively against the Flyers in the playoffs. Turned the puck over a ton.

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 09:25 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
hmm I like Green but doubt he gets moved. I think Eminger will get moved. His icetime got cut and has not played much. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/...e=nhl-capitals

maybe eminger for prucha

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 09:31 PM
Lady Vengeance
FTTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
He's not awful, but he is very inconsistent, and when he is bad, he's pretty bad. Too many times this year it seemed like he was either unsure of what to do in his own zone, or he's too caught up in being offensive to be defensive.

That said, he's improved A LOT since last year, and even from the latter half of the year compared to the beginning. I wouldn't shut the door on him, but I would think long and hard about what we'd have to give up for him.

This is all a moot point, though, as far as I'm concerned because I really don't see the Caps letting him go.

Lady Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 09:53 PM
NYR469

Quote:
green isn't going anywhere but that said:

1)we don't know if bobby pasta will ever even play in the nhl, no less be even 50% the player mike green is. the second nik lidstrom retires mike green becomes the best offensive dman in the league and to put bobby in his class when he hasn't even played a shift yet is laughable

2)why can you only have 1 highly skilled offensive dman? last i checked you need 6 dmen and 3 pairs and need to move the puck with all 3 pairs at even strength. saying we don't need green cause of pasta is like saying we don't need ovechkin cause we have cherapanov

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 10:42 PM
DonCherrysSuit
Powerplay Pass Party

Personally I'd like to see the Rangers look at Brooks Orpik over Mike Green.

DonCherrysSuit is offline   Reply With Quote