HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Official Euro 2008 Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
06-09-2008, 07:37 PM
AD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Do you watch soccer? When does the ref whistle when there is an injury? When's the last time you saw that? It's VERY rare.
Right. And the player sprawling is still considered an active player. Even if he stays down for 10 seconds. The fact that Panucci landed outside the pitch shouldn't be important.

Had he landed inside the goal line and stayed down, would the Dutch be offside?

I'm not saying Panucci did it on purpose. But I don't think that changes anything.

I cheer for Germany.. and I don't really like Van Nistelrooy. But meh.. I like arguing.

Old
06-09-2008, 07:42 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
Right. And the player sprawling is still considered an active player. Even if he stays down for 10 seconds. The fact that Panucci landed outside the pitch shouldn't be important.

Had he landed inside the goal line and stayed down, would the Dutch be offside?

I'm not saying Panucci did it on purpose. But I don't think that changes anything.

I cheer for Germany.. and I don't really like Van Nistelrooy. But meh.. I like arguing.
In the field of play. So if a guy limps OFF THE FIELD and 30 seconds later there is a clear offside, it should still count? C'mon.

No he would have been onside.

Old
06-09-2008, 07:47 PM
MacHabs93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachino82 View Post
When I was in Portugal in 06, I remember the press trashing the Portuguese national football team for winning 1-0 vs Angola at the WC..

Hop Hop Holland
Either I didn't read this correctly, or you're comparing the Netherlands to Angola?

Old
06-09-2008, 07:54 PM
ForzaAzzurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
they had a good 2nd half with many chances.
maybe donadoni realised Grosso and DP need to play!
Del Piero should be a starter....end of story.

this guy brings so much to the team. I know a lot of the tiffosi aren't fans of his anymore, but he can still play and I believe the team is better with him on the field rather than him sitting on the bench.

Old
06-09-2008, 07:59 PM
Kachino
@kachino82

vCash: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHabs93 View Post
Either I didn't read this correctly, or you're comparing the Netherlands to Angola?
Read post #1 and you'll understand.

Old
06-09-2008, 08:02 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaAzzurri View Post

this guy brings so much to the team. I know a lot of the tiffosi aren't fans of his anymore, but he can still play and I believe the team is better with him on the field rather than him sitting on the bench.
thats what I meant when I said DP needs to play.
When he came on we at least got chances to put the ball in the net. When Grosso came on we had even more chances. The two them gave us life

Old
06-09-2008, 08:07 PM
ForzaAzzurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
thats what I meant when I said DP needs to play.
When he came on we at least got chances to put the ball in the net. When Grosso came on we had even more chances. The two them gave us life
yeah, i was agreeing with you. You're absolutely right, they did give us life and showed why they should be starting.

Hopefully Donadoni makes some changes for the Romania game.

Old
06-09-2008, 08:15 PM
giovanni

Quote:

next game, you can see Del Piero, Toni, and Cassano up front. we need to take Ambrosini of the field and put Aqulaini or De Rossi there. I would not start with the defence because they all had bad games except Grosso and Zambrotta.

i think that the strating lineup for friday's game would be much different than todays. This is what i think it will be.

Del Peiro-- Toni-- Cassano

Aquilani-- Pirlo-- De Rossi

Grosso- Panucci- Chiellini- Zambrotta

we need to get some offsive from this guys. We can not afford to lose to Romania or the world Champions are going home.

Old
06-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Woland

BTW , if Ruud van Nistelrooy had dived , he would have drawn a penalty shot in the first half. But this guy has class. Instead of going for cinematics , he tried to regain balance.

Last edited by Woland: 06-09-2008 at 09:06 PM.
Old
06-09-2008, 08:35 PM
anarmandaleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsKraut View Post
It was really weird today: I was watching the game with about 200 people outside a bar and pretty much everybody was cheering for Oranje, myself included.
Hey, we're talking about a German crowd here ... cheering for the Netherlands?!
Must be the lesser of 2 evils.
But it felt good!
And the Dutch played really well!!
I think that like me, they were cheering against Italy because Italy eliminated Germany in the WC semis two years ago. And also because they are evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
1- I don't believe that Panucci was injured.

2- The concept of being injured for 4 seconds is completely foreign to me.

It is pretty obvious that the officials did not stop the play because of an injury. At that point you have to consider Panucci as any player who can stand up and come back in. And therefore he's closer to the net that Van N.

The officials either (A) stop the play because of the injury, or (B)allow Panucci to leave the pitch because of the injury, or (C) they don't react to the injury.

A or B make Van N offside.

C means he's onside.

Since they decided C in the game, then he's onside.

(I'm just practicing my argumentation when I go back to work tomorrow to my italian friends...)
This is why lawyers should not be allowed to watch sports.

Quote:

As much as I want Italy to lose, I agree that Del Piero is a starter.

Old
06-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Kachino
@kachino82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
BTW , if Ruud van Nistelrooy had dived, he would have drawn a penalty shot in the first half. But this guy has class. Instead of going for cinematics , he tried to regain balance.
Fixed...

Hey, I hope the Swiss will play better as a team in order to compensate for the loss of their captain...

Old
06-09-2008, 08:46 PM
ti-vite

Oranje!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
06-09-2008, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovanni View Post
next game, you can see Del Piero, Toni, and Cassano up front. we need to take Ambrosini of the field and put Aqulaini or De Rossi there. I would not start with the defence because they all had bad games except Grosso and Zambrotta.

i think that the strating lineup for friday's game would be much different than todays. This is what i think it will be.

we need to get some offsive from this guys. We can not afford to lose to Romania or the world Champions are going home.
I still don't understand why De Rossi isn't starting...for Ambrosini?

He looks good in Milan with Gattuso and Pirlo, but Ambrosini i'm not even sure deserves a place on the National Team. There are several players i'd play ahead...

De Rossi is a beast, I hope he's in next game.

I actually avoided reading/hearing anything about this game all day...I get home and tune into Sportsnet to watch the reply of the game and a half hour in and the Dutch are winning 2-0??? I figured i'd salvage the rest of my night and just look up the score...3-0???? Ugh, glad i'm not gonna watch this massacre.

Although reading some comments about Del Piero's form has me hopeful for next game, hopefully he starts

Old
06-09-2008, 09:08 PM
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
Can't wait to see my italian coworkers tomorrow...

i guess they gonna blame the loss on the first goal, or the fact that Cannavaro is injured

Old
06-09-2008, 09:15 PM
Woland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachino82 View Post
Fixed...

Hey, I hope the Swiss will play better as a team in order to compensate for the loss of their captain...
fair enough....

I believe/hope Cabanas and Yakin will start next game.

Starting Gökhan Inler and Gelson Fernandez was foolish . You do not put 2 kids in high pressure situations, especially in the central midfield.

I would also play Degen instead of Stephan Lichtsteiner
I do also expect a better effort from Barnetta and Berahmi although they are not to be blamed. You just always expect the best from you stars.

Old
06-09-2008, 09:29 PM
BigTimer*

If after reading the rule one still believes the first goal was offside, they are simply a moron.

End of discussion.

Old
06-09-2008, 09:31 PM
Woland

OT - Impact to announce changes tomorow. De Santis gone ????

We'll see at noon

Old
06-09-2008, 09:31 PM
Kachino
@kachino82

For the ones who didn't have a chance to watch any Euro matches or don't have RDS/TSN/Sportnet, you can watch entire games on replay here...

http://euro08.sportsnet.tsn.ca/video/# and then click on the Games-on-demand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
I do also expect a better effort from Barnetta and Berahmi although they are not to be blamed. You just always expect the best from you stars.
I honestly think they played pretty well in their 1st game. They were able to create things on their respective side of the field. I understand the fact that you expect more from them.

Last edited by Kachino: 06-09-2008 at 09:51 PM.
Old
06-09-2008, 09:45 PM
regularjohn

wow. what a game! seriously, this made up for that horrible champions league loss. i also now have spiting rights for many years to come over my italian friends. the dutch were the better team by a mile and deserved such a result. they're in the driver seat now, let's hope they don't meltdown once again. also, include robben and a healthier van persie and this team is scary. i was impressed with engelaar and de jong, i think they played fine games considering they don't have too much international experience.

...and if anyone was at champs today, i was the annoying jerk in the grey shirt, making all that noise.

Old
06-09-2008, 10:25 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
If after reading the rule one still believes the first goal was offside, they are simply a moron.

End of discussion.
Call Craig Forrest and tell him.

Old
06-09-2008, 10:27 PM
Travis Moen

Quote:
Originally Posted by regularjohn View Post
wow. what a game! seriously, this made up for that horrible champions league loss. i also now have spiting rights for many years to come over my italian friends. the dutch were the better team by a mile and deserved such a result. they're in the driver seat now, let's hope they don't meltdown once again. also, include robben and a healthier van persie and this team is scary. i was impressed with engelaar and de jong, i think they played fine games considering they don't have too much international experience.

...and if anyone was at champs today, i was the annoying jerk in the grey shirt, making all that noise.
Where you the guy who was constantly yelling "pédé" at the ref?

Old
06-09-2008, 10:27 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovanni View Post

I agree on all except for Cassano - I would keep Di Natale there.

Old
06-09-2008, 10:28 PM
Travis Moen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Call Craig Forrest and tell him.
Actually he isn't denying the rule but saying it doesn't make sense which is arguable.

Old
06-09-2008, 10:43 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
In 28 years of my life I have never seen Italy play this badly.I hope they wake the **** up cause if they don't were not even gonna get 1 single point.Today was the reason why I never and will never like Donnadoni.Terrible lineup.Grosso should be a starter and Cammoranesi should sit on the bench.

Im not giving up and is in a way what I want,a sudden death match against France

Old
06-09-2008, 10:47 PM
flea

Send a message via MSN to flea
Holy cow!! I came home and the game was 2-0 Holland and I couldnt believe it. Watched a bit of the rest (not as much as I would have liked) and I had the impression that Italy was a lot better off and produced more chances with Del Piero, right?? Dont understand why he isnt starting??

Well, dont worry fellow Italy fans....Italy has always a bad game in every competition, and look where they reach at the end!!
Its better to have a bad game now and not in the quarter finals!!

But believe me, I know too good how u guys must feel right now, so heads up!!

Holland played a very good game and a very attractive football. Congrats!!

Ok, tomorrow (or lets say better today) starts EURO 08 for me.....LA FURIA ROJA!!!

Lets hope we have a good start....this russian team looks good too and Hiddink always makes good championships with his teams......man, Iam scared already

Edit, oh, and btw here is a link to the Gazzetta dello Sport, just in case somebody whants to read it: http://www.gazzetta.it/index.shtml?refresh_ce

Closed Thread