HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Official Euro 2008 Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
06-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by flea View Post
Holy cow!! I came home and the game was 2-0 Holland and I couldnt believe it. Watched a bit of the rest (not as much as I would have liked) and I had the impression that Italy was a lot better off and produced more chances with Del Piero, right?? Dont understand why he isnt starting??

Well, dont worry fellow Italy fans....Italy has always a bad game in every competition, and look where they reach at the end!!
Its better to have a bad game now and not in the quarter finals!!

But believe me, I know too good how u guys must feel right now, so heads up!!

Holland played a very good game and a very attractive football. Congrats!!

Ok, tomorrow (or lets say better today) starts EURO 08 for me.....LA FURIA ROJA!!!

Lets hope we have a good start....this russian team looks good too and Hiddink always makes good championships with his teams......man, Iam scared already

Edit, oh, and btw here is a link to the Gazzetta dello Sport, just in case somebody whants to read it: http://www.gazzetta.it/index.shtml?refresh_ce
Thanks for the link to La Gazzetta.Too bad your a Bruins fan your great

Good luck to Spain,I hope they do well always loved them.I still remember that game between Italy and Spain in the world cup in 1994 witch Italy won 2-1 as 1 of the best games I ever watched,since then Spain was always #2 for me

Good luck & Viva L'Espagna

Old
06-09-2008, 10:05 PM
flea

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to flea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Thanks for the link to La Gazzetta.Too bad your a Bruins fan your great

Good luck to Spain,I hope they do well always loved them.I still remember that game between Italy and Spain in the world cup in 1994 witch Italy won 2-1 as 1 of the best games I ever watched,since then Spain was always #2 for me

Good luck & Viva L'Espagna
Hehe, thanks very much!! Really appreciate it!! ...u guys make me feel like home in the Habs forum....and thats not good for a B's fan

Oh well, we really are used to our failures in soccer. Always great expectations and great teams, but then they fail miserably They should take an exaple in our basketball squad.
So this year I will take it really easy as I get too nervous when I have to watch a team that I like and cheer for.

Hehe, yeps, still remember that Italy-Spain game. Was a beautiful game with two great teams, and honestly, either side could have won there. That miss from Julio Salinas, Luis Enrique's bloody nose...and Roberto Baggio...man, was he good!!!

Maybe time for revenge???!!!

Old
06-09-2008, 10:16 PM
Kachino
@kachino82

vCash: 50
Quote:
Hehe, thanks very much!! Really appreciate it!! ...u guys make me feel like home in the Habs forum....and thats not good for a B's fan
It never too late to switch you know ...

Good luck to la furia roja. I expect them to beat Russia 2-0 tomorrow... Goals by Torres and Fabregas...

Old
06-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:

Oh well, we really are used to our failures in soccer. Always great expectations and great teams, but then they fail miserably They should take an exaple in our basketball squad.
So this year I will take it really easy as I get too nervous when I have to watch a team that I like and cheer for.

Hehe, yeps, still remember that Italy-Spain game. Was a beautiful game with two great teams, and honestly, either side could have won there. That miss from Julio Salinas, Luis Enrique's bloody nose...and Roberto Baggio...man, was he good!!!

Maybe time for revenge???!!!
Yup Roberto was God for us in that world cup but people still have not forgived him cause of that pk against Brazil

That Dino Baggio goal was 1 of the nicest i've ever seen beating a great goalie in Zubbizareta

Old
06-09-2008, 10:34 PM
windycity

well, didn't see it coming but man did I enjoy the Oranje game

Gio was MOTM imo, followed closely by Sneijder and Engelaar. Though everybody on Oranje had a solid game or better. Great start!!

Old
06-09-2008, 10:34 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Call Craig Forrest and tell him.
The rule was applied perfectly... if you have a problem with the rule thats a different story.

Old
06-09-2008, 10:36 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
The rule was applied perfectly... if you have a problem with the rule thats a different story.
You can believe what you want. It's a free country.

Old
06-09-2008, 10:44 PM
Kachino
@kachino82

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
well, didn't see it coming but man did I enjoy the Oranje game

Gio was MOTM imo, followed closely by Sneijder and Engelaar. Though everybody on Oranje had a solid game or better. Great start!!
Saved a goal on the goal line and then made that great long crossing pass to Kuyt on Sneijder's goal and then scored the 3rd goal on a nice header...

You can't go wrong with either Gio or VDS..

Old
06-09-2008, 11:27 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Spain 2 Russia 0

Greece 0 Sweden 0

Old
06-09-2008, 11:33 PM
Kachino
@kachino82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachino82 View Post
Predictions for tomorrow:

Spain (2) vs Russia (0)
Greece (0) vs Sweden (0)

First match for La Furia Roja, defending Euro champs Greece, dark horse Russia and Svenska...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Spain 2 Russia 0

Greece 0 Sweden 0
Great minds think alike?

Old
06-10-2008, 12:15 AM
usernam

Quote:
Great minds think alike?
No. You're both wrong:

Spain 3 - 0 Russia (Xavi, Torres, Villa)
Sweden 1 - 0 Greece (Zlatan)

Old
06-10-2008, 03:04 AM
Gardak

Send a message via MSN to Gardak
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Disappointing tie for France but from the replays I've seen they played well but just couldn't finish...Benzema!!! YOU HAVE TO SCORE THAT! But 1 point is better than 0. As for Italy...
Sadly, no.

Saying we played like crap would be a compliment to the team.

We were beyond ridiculous.

The only positive is we can only do better in the next game...

Old
06-10-2008, 03:24 AM
VirginiaMtlExpat
Going thru customs

I've long had a soft spot for Dutch soccer, since living a few months in Amsterdam in 1988, when Ronald Koeman of PSV was terrorizing goalies with his cannon shots. I also enjoyed the great attitude of Dutch fans when they had a World Cup match in my backyard, 2 years ago.

This is the scariest I've seen this team look, as well as the deepest, at least from an attacking standpoint. Bern must have just been rocking after the match.

I hope the Dutch can avoid the meltdowns that cost them so much over the years, 1988 excepted.

Old
06-10-2008, 03:48 AM
JPFT
Los Angeles Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
It's one game and the Dutch side have done nothing since 88'. That's a fact.
Might be, but that doesn't mean they are underachieving...it only shows that they aren't the only stars in this game

Anyway, it's not like you can't be a "star" if you never won the EC or WC...I mean, lots of these guys play for Real Madrid or other really good teams...Like Arsenal and Manchester United.

Also guys, don't underestimate Russia, they've got Hiddink who gat far with Korea and Australia...I think Russia might do really well, they work hard...

Old
06-10-2008, 04:27 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Great minds think alike?
wow, that's pretty scary

Old
06-10-2008, 05:52 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Spain 1 - Russia 0

Sweden 2 - Greece 0

Old
06-10-2008, 05:56 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanyMontrealExpat View Post
I've long had a soft spot for Dutch soccer, since living a few months in Amsterdam in 1988, when Ronald Koeman of PSV was terrorizing goalies with his cannon shots. I also enjoyed the great attitude of Dutch fans when they had a World Cup match in my backyard, 2 years ago.

This is the scariest I've seen this team look, as well as the deepest, at least from an attacking standpoint. Bern must have just been rocking after the match.

I hope the Dutch can avoid the meltdowns that cost them so much over the years, 1988 excepted.
Wow, living in Germany and having a soft spot for the Dutch. Ohhh haaaa, keep your hardhat on!

The 3-0 was really a surprise yesterday. I didn't know who'd win, but tipped on Italy. Boy, the shock of that first goal accompanied by the quick strike for the second (wonderfully played) really seemed to shock the Italians early. Would've been a shock for anybody.

Wow, with Romania edging out a point against a big favorite, this group is gonna be even more interesting than it was.

Of course, I wouldn't put it past the Italians to bounce back from this loss and take the next two.

Old
06-10-2008, 06:16 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsKraut View Post
It was really weird today: I was watching the game with about 200 people outside a bar and pretty much everybody was cheering for Oranje, myself included.
Hey, we're talking about a German crowd here ... cheering for the Netherlands?!
Must be the lesser of 2 evils.
But it felt good!
And the Dutch played really well!!
If you don't mind me saying, for those who may be North Americans, Germany and the Netherlands are arch-rivals. The rivalry with England is a close 1B, but Oranjes against the Krauts is the battle of battles for the peoples of these two countries.

So when the Germans (and I've got a few on my hockey team who are big Holland fans for whatever reason) are rooting for the Dutch, I guess that says a heck of a lot about how they want that group C to turn out.

Nothing is decided yet though! Holland losing the next two is thoroughly possible, as is Italy winning the next two.

PS) Habskraut, to your question in the previous thread: no, can't say I'm of Polish decent or have any lineage with Poland that I know of. Just read a lot of BILD Sport:-).... and as a HSV fan am really enthusiastic about Trochowski, a heart 'n soul player. I kind of hope Germany can perhaps get a nice 2 or 3 nothing lead in one of the next few games so that a guy like Piotr could get a little playing time.

He'd prolly be a starter on team Poland.

PPS) Definitely check out the new arena in Berlin. Even if not a fan of the DEL, the place should be state-of-the-art and the fans - although often intimidating (sometimes for all the wrong reasons) - just have to be experienced. That's a loyal, loyal following they have there and Berlin will definitely be competitive next season. Don't forget that the IIHF attempt at making a champions league will include the Eisbären next season, so some of the best from countries like Sweden, Finland, Russia, etc. should be in town a couple of times. If I were there, I'd definitely be checking those games.

Old
06-10-2008, 06:53 AM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
This is why lawyers should not be allowed to watch sports.
Oh hush you..

Old
06-10-2008, 07:23 AM
Pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
If after reading the rule one still believes the first goal was offside, they are simply a moron.

End of discussion.
In the italian championship the same situation has already happened: the player who voluntarily leaves the field to put an opponent behind the D line gets a yellow card, and the goal is regular...if a player goes down bacause of an injury (regardless of how it happened), the forward is offsides.

Anyways, deserved loss. But, those four world cups tell me that we can still climb back...and reading the comments of jealous fans makes me feel so good

Old
06-10-2008, 07:27 AM
Travis Moen

Russia 1-0 Spain
Sweden 2-0 Greece

Old
06-10-2008, 07:38 AM
IBLeaf*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pon View Post
In the italian championship the same situation has already happened: the player who voluntarily leaves the field to put an opponent behind the D line gets a yellow card, and the goal is regular...if a player goes down bacause of an injury (regardless of how it happened), the forward is offsides.

Anyways, deserved loss. But, those four world cups tell me that we can still climb back...and reading the comments of jealous fans makes me feel so good
http://www.euro2008.uefa.com/news/ki...+goal+decision

Old
06-10-2008, 07:52 AM
anarmandaleb

My predictions for today are
Spain 1-0 Russia
Sweden 1-0 Greece.

Old
06-10-2008, 07:56 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

2-0 Spain

1-1 Greece and Sweden

Old
06-10-2008, 07:58 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
My predictions for today are
Spain 1-0 Russia
Sweden 1-0 Greece.
I also predict two winners, each winning by at least one more goal over the other team.

Mark my words.

Harry my words if you feel like it.
Heck; you can even Martin my words too.

Closed Thread