HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Malkin on the Block (merged)

Old
06-09-2008, 07:56 PM
shortcat1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulgaria View Post
What is my thread-If Malkin stays in Pittsburgh he will always be a second line center and I think he is more, more than that.It's not a secret,that he has all the tools to be a top 3 in the NHL and Montreal needs a player like him and I also think that Evgeni can be a first line forward for Canadiens for many years.For me there is a possible trade between Pittsburgh and Habs.I don't know what will be the price but I think that it is possible for you guys to get this talent.
My questions are:
1. Do you want Evgeni in Montreal ?
2. Do you think that he is capable to brings the Stanley cup back in Montreal ?

P.S. I dont want to nibble with the Penguins fans and I wish them luck, I just think that will be nice if Malkin goes to the Hockeyland
1. Malkin in Montreal would be good but not at any cost... again, I don't know but I don't even want to hear the Higgins & SK names in the trade. Montreal has to keep their assets and groom them, grow them and guide them to become what they can be.

2. No, Malkin won't bring the cup. He might be a big factor in moving that way but he himself won't be a savior.

shortcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 09:10 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

I want Malkin in Montreal like I want milk in my cereal. Rhymacized for truth.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 10:44 PM
ari1160

if malkin was on the market all the 30 teams would be after him.

ari1160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 11:32 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
You Suck McBain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Crosby is only 20, what's your point? He did very well.
Crosby's also the 2nd most decorated 20 year old hockey player in NHL history.

No, Malkin wasn't as good. You know what other skaters weren't as good as Crosby in the playoffs at 21 and under? Pretty much everybody in the league, ever, except Gretzky.

Here's a thought. Look up how many 21 year olds scored more than Malkin's 22 points in one playoffs. Then look up how many legends didn't.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 11:48 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctordark View Post
Crosby's also the 2nd most decorated 20 year old hockey player in NHL history.

No, Malkin wasn't as good. You know what other skaters weren't as good as Crosby in the playoffs at 21 and under? Pretty much everybody in the league, ever, except Gretzky.

Here's a thought. Look up how many 21 year olds scored more than Malkin's 22 points in one playoffs. Then look up how many legends didn't.
LOL yeah lets compare him to legends.

I don't even know why I bother. This is the same as those Huet/Price arguments. People just look at stats and think they tell the whole story. Fine, be that way, I don't really ****ing care. Good for him, marvelous playoff run, so many points, yay Malkin.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 12:11 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
You Suck McBain!

Quote:

I don't even know why I bother. This is the same as those Huet/Price arguments. People just look at stats and think they tell the whole story. Fine, be that way, I don't really ****ing care. Good for him, marvelous playoff run, so many points, yay Malkin.
That's sort of the point.

No matter - I couldn't be happier that you don't want him on your team. I wish every non-Pens fan felt the same way.

It'd cut sure down on the crappy threads around here.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 12:33 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:

most of them didnt have a 22 pts playoff run (or equivalent) at such a young age... I get why you don't want to compare...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 01:50 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:

I don't know why you can't say that they aren't becoming great players. One of the easiest ways to show how good a player is to compare them to someone else. Maybe Crosby will never be Gretzky, partially because nhl 08 is nothing like nhl 88, but you can't see that they have 2 of the most dominating players, and at such a young age, and only getting better! I don't want to say they are going to be great, without time showing me that, but they will get there in due time

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 02:44 AM
NativeHockey77*

Now tell me this!

Who woould want a BIG Russian guy who is responsible defensively, and is a 100+ point guy, has the old school helmet that looks cool, and salary is 800K a year??

NativeHockey77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 08:01 AM
znk

Quote:

And I didnt think that hole you were digging could get any deeper.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 08:53 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussin View Post
Now tell me this!

Who woould want a BIG Russian guy who is responsible defensively, and is a 100+ point guy, has the old school helmet that looks cool, and salary is 800K a year??

this guy you describe looks like a bust!

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 08:58 AM
Fido22

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I want to nibble with the Penguins fans.

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 09:33 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I want to nibble with the Penguins fans.
What's the point? They'll be extinct when their team starts sucking again. They never stick around.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 09:35 AM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
What's the point? They'll be extinct when their team starts sucking again. They never stick around.
Fine, then I just want to nibble.

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 11:54 AM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
What is my thread-If Malkin stays in Pittsburgh he will always be a second line center and I think he is more, more than that.It's not a secret,that he has all the tools to be a top 3 in the NHL and Montreal needs a player like him and I also think that Evgeni can be a first line forward for Canadiens for many years.For me there is a possible trade between Pittsburgh and Habs.I don't know what will be the price but I think that it is possible for you guys to get this talent.
My questions are:
Do you want Evgeni in Montreal ?
Do you think that he is capable to brings the Stanley cup back in Montreal ?

P.S. I dont want to nibble with the Penguins fans and I wish them luck, I just think that will be nice if Malkin goes to the Hockeyland

I want Malkin in a Habs uniform!!!!!

I would get rid of Plekanec if it means getting Malkin in return. Malkin would be the big, goal scoring center that we need. He showed what he can do when Crosby was out of the lineup. Malkin simply took over....so I think he would definitely be worth getting.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 12:04 PM
Jaded-Fan

On local Pittsburgh radio this morning they reported speaking to Rob Rossi (local sportswriter with connections to the Pens especially) and he told them that he had been overwhelmed with questions regarding this subject ever since this rumor was said on that roundtable, and he went directly to Malkin's agent. Malkin's agent said that the reports were rubbish, completely made up and that Malkin was happy here in Pittsburgh and was negotiating a deal to stay in Pittsburgh.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
My questions are:

I think they will sign Malkin to an extension for about what Sid makes this summer, he is going nowhere. They might let Malone and Hossa walk or trade J.Staal but Malkin is going nowhere.

Besides, it would cost A.Kostystyn Komisarek and McDonagh to get him, maybe more...

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 12:53 PM
93xxGilmourxx93

Quote:
I was a hockey player myself and played with the flu. Yes it sucks and you lose energy but I can tell you once the Stanley Cup Finals roll around you don't care.
Which Stanley Cup Final did you play in?

That's awesome!!!

93xxGilmourxx93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 01:05 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93xxGilmourxx93 View Post
Which Stanley Cup Final did you play in?

That's awesome!!!
I'm Sidney Crosby, nice to meet you.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think they will sign Malkin to an extension for about what Sid makes this summer, he is going nowhere. They might let Malone and Hossa walk or trade J.Staal but Malkin is going nowhere.

Besides, it would cost A.Kostystyn Komisarek and McDonagh to get him, maybe more...
I agree with the above. And actually have mentioned Montreal a few times in the past given what you all seem to be trying to build here as a logical team to pursue heavilly Staal. Move the money issues aside, I do not see Staal ever making anything like Malkin or Crosby of course, but I just do not see him happy as the third line center when on many if not most teams, especially those who are defensively oriented like the traditional Devils teams or what you all seem to be trying to build, he would be their number one center and they wouyld be thrilled having him there. A thread from our board about this topic may be interesting to you all:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...1#post14365246

In the piece linked from the local Pittsburgh papers, one NHL exec had some surprising things to say including that he and many others would take Staal over Malkin.

Instead of pipe dreams about Malkin, if I were a fan of the Habs I would be more realistic and thrilled if something could be worked out to get Staal. Not a bad problem to have if you are a Pens' fan, but one that I definately think will see a perenial Selke candidate in another uniform eventually. Oh, the Pens certainly will get something good in return, a lot of teams would be bidding if we put Staal on the market, but I would not be surprised if it were the Habs who ended up with him.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 01:34 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
I agree with the above. And actually have mentioned Montreal a few times in the past given what you all seem to be trying to build here as a logical team to pursue heavilly Staal. Move the money issues aside, I do not see Staal ever making anything like Malkin or Crosby of course, but I just do not see him happy as the third line center when on many if not most teams, especially those who are defensively oriented like the traditional Devils teams or what you all seem to be trying to build, he would be their number one center and they wouyld be thrilled having him there. A thread from our board about this topic may be interesting to you all:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...1#post14365246

In the piece linked from the local Pittsburgh papers, one NHL exec had some surprising things to say including that he and many others would take Staal over Malkin.

Instead of pipe dreams about Malkin, if I were a fan of the Habs I would be more realistic and thrilled if something could be worked out to get Staal. Not a bad problem to have if you are a Pens' fan, but one that I definately think will see a perenial Selke candidate in another uniform eventually. Oh, the Pens certainly will get something good in return, a lot of teams would be bidding if we put Staal on the market, but I would not be surprised if it were the Habs who ended up with him.
Staal's value would be interesting in that he does all the things you like a player to do but hasn't put up numbers yet.
Personally, I'd be thrillled to have the kid if he was putting up 50-55 points as I like his overall game so much.

No idea about a price tag though as numbers do have an effect on value.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 01:52 PM
93xxGilmourxx93

Quote:
I'm Sidney Crosby, nice to meet you.

Only in your dreams

93xxGilmourxx93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 04:36 PM
Moester

Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Quote:
My questions are:

Here's a question, is there any team who wouldn't jump all over themselves to have Malkin on the roster at this point in the game?

Moester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 04:57 PM
JrHockeyFan

Hmmmm. Why wouldn't we want Malkin? LOL

Every team in hockey would want Malkin. It is the getting part that is tough

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 05:37 PM
LastChancePrice

Quote:
My questions are:

Question no.1: Absolutly NO! He is just a Kovalchuk wannabe with no talent. Koivu )))))))))))))))))))Malkin

Question no.2: I have a personnal feeling that one day he will win it in Piitsburgh, rob it, and come back here in montreal just to hide it. And this scenario will end up in The Davinci Code 2.

LastChancePrice is offline   Reply With Quote