HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prucha

View Poll Results: prucha?
use him to fill a hole next yr 92 50.27%
use him as part of a trade 86 46.99%
keep him with limited play like this yr 5 2.73%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-10-2008, 02:24 PM
  #101
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
i want to give him another shot, play him on the powerplay and with gomez and i believe we wont need to trade for a sniper anyways once cherepanov comes over

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 02:38 PM
  #102
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,668
vCash: 500
I think we all want Prucha to stay and do well..........he has produced in the past but needs to be in the right roll.........which to me is on a line with Drury and Callahan get getting 1st PP ice time...........if not then yea trade him..........but I think I would like him to stay.............

AND............I think the Rangers do too or he would of been dealt at the deadline

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 02:42 PM
  #103
mti79
Registered User
 
mti79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,287
vCash: 500
Since everyone seems to think Prucha needs to have other players on his line make the play before he can score, why not put him with Jags and Dubi? Those 2 play extremely well together and control a lot of the puck. That would allow Petr to crash the net and look for juicy rebounds or quick one timers from the slot. JJ and Dubi can both dictate play, find their own shot and set others up for theirs.
Prucha-Dubi-Jagr
Dawes-Gomez-???(FA I don't know...)
Korp-Drury-Cally
Sjo-Betts-Orr

Or you put Drury with Gomez and someone else and let Korp go between Dawes and Cally. Maybe Straka if he comes cheap enough, but then Renney will want to put him with Jagr at some point because he always does....

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 03:05 PM
  #104
Nich
Registered User
 
Nich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wantagh
Country: Croatia
Posts: 6,895
vCash: 500
if kept i expect these lines

dawes - dubi - jagr/FA
prucha - gomez -
korpedo - drury - callahan
orr/hollweeg/moore - blair - sjostrom

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 04:35 PM
  #105
TheSchwab
Registered User
 
TheSchwab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TheSchwab
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
i want to give him another shot, play him on the powerplay and with gomez and i believe we wont need to trade for a sniper anyways once cherepanov comes over
He had his shot on the PP, he's over-rated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I think we all want Prucha to stay and do well..........he has produced in the past but needs to be in the right roll.........which to me is on a line with Drury and Callahan get getting 1st PP ice time...........if not then yea trade him..........but I think I would like him to stay.............

AND............I think the Rangers do too or he would of been dealt at the deadline
We "all" don't want Prucha to stay. He peaked 2 years ago when all the Defensmen were being more cautious because of the new rules. Now that D-men know what then can do, and many have improved on playing the body, especially in the corners, they throw kids like prucha around like rag dolls. Prucha attempts to control the puck, but he does not create any offense when he does.

And if Prucha gets put on the 1st line PP, you'll see a worse PP than we had last season. His "sniper" days are over. There isn't room for those kind of players in this new NHL anymore. If you can't skate or create offense you will not be very successful. Look at the Detroit Red Wings.

edit: where's the "trade/release" him option?

TheSchwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 04:51 PM
  #106
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchwab View Post
He had his shot on the PP, he's over-rated.



We "all" don't want Prucha to stay. He peaked 2 years ago when all the Defensmen were being more cautious because of the new rules. Now that D-men know what then can do, and many have improved on playing the body, especially in the corners, they throw kids like prucha around like rag dolls. Prucha attempts to control the puck, but he does not create any offense when he does.

And if Prucha gets put on the 1st line PP, you'll see a worse PP than we had last season. His "sniper" days are over. There isn't room for those kind of players in this new NHL anymore. If you can't skate or create offense you will not be very successful. Look at the Detroit Red Wings.

edit: where's the "trade/release" him option?





thank you. couldn't have said it better myself (although I have tried the past year). Also I hope he is traded so we can stop w/ the Prucha sympathy crap. Nobody wants to trade Prucha b/c of potential or something, yet everybody wants to Trade Tyutin b/c he didn't perform well this playoffs. Prucha barely played in the PO's b/c he really isnt that good. Tyutin did play b/c he was one of our best dmean. On the other hand when if we do trade him and he puts up 15goals in a year the complaining on this board would never stop. Get over Prucha.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 04:54 PM
  #107
TheSchwab
Registered User
 
TheSchwab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TheSchwab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post



thank you. couldn't have said it better myself (although I have tried the past year). Also I hope he is traded so we can stop w/ the Prucha sympathy crap. Nobody wants to trade Prucha b/c of potential or something, yet everybody wants to Trade Tyutin b/c he didn't perform well this playoffs. Prucha barely played in the PO's b/c he really isnt that good. Tyutin did play b/c he was one of our best dmean. On the other hand when if we do trade him and he puts up 15goals in a year the complaining on this board would never stop. Get over Prucha.
agreed. Tyutin will find his stride in the Playoffs. I bet he learned a lot this year and it will show next year.

If prucha scores 15 goals in a season again, it will be because they made the goalie equipment smaller and the net bigger, not because of his skills.

I've been saying this stuff about Prucha all season, I'm just dissapointed I haven't checked the boards in 2 days so I could have posted earlier.

TheSchwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.