HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How and where will you watch the NHL Draft ?

Closed Thread

Old
06-10-2008, 08:50 AM
sampollock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
So anyone get a ticket too many willing to give me the ticket for a free beer?
Sure i, will buy you the 1st mgd.

Old
06-10-2008, 04:53 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
Sure i, will buy you the 1st mgd.
What's an MGD? The ticket i would need is specifically for Friday (I have Saturday)

Old
06-10-2008, 05:10 PM
JrHockeyFan

I'd like to go once just to see what it is like. But the best place is watching on TV with your notebook handy to check out whoever you just picked up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
What's an MGD? The ticket i would need is specifically for Friday (I have Saturday)
His avatar is an MGD

Last edited by Beakermania*: 06-11-2008 at 12:47 AM.
Old
06-11-2008, 08:39 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I'm a hardcore draft fan and even in Montreal I won't go. You miss way too many things, way preferable to be in front of the computer to go and get the infos and the reports.
The drafts something I always thought would be fun, but I just can't see it now.

I remember watching an NFL draft about 10 years ago. An ESPN guy asked a Jets fan an analytical question about whether th eteam would go after player x as the bpa, or player y as he best suited the team's needs. I guess it served him right for trying to communicate with a guy who paints his face for a draft, but the guy with the green n white face just started screaming 'Bubba Franks' after he caught his breath, he screamed 'number 1' for awhile.

I was thinking that it could be fun to observe morons in their natural habitat, but the nHL is a bit more reserved. I'd rather sit in a quiet bar with a dozen posters like yourself who could have somewhat knowledgeable input about the players selected. Then again, my attn. span would falter and I'd get on everyone's nerves.

Old
06-11-2008, 09:05 AM
LilWinger11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
The drafts something I always thought would be fun, but I just can't see it now.

I remember watching an NFL draft about 10 years ago. An ESPN guy asked a Jets fan an analytical question about whether th eteam would go after player x as the bpa, or player y as he best suited the team's needs. I guess it served him right for trying to communicate with a guy who paints his face for a draft, but the guy with the green n white face just started screaming 'Bubba Franks' after he caught his breath, he screamed 'number 1' for awhile.
My dad's favorite parts of the NFL draft, as per him:

1. Watching the green-faced, Mardi Gras bead-wearing Jets fans acting like drunken frat boys (not that the Giants fans don't do the same, minus the green face paint, but the Jets fans seem to either outnumber them or out-decibel them most years)

2. Watching the Eagles fans boo their first-round pick nine years out of ten

3. Laughing at the ridiculous comments my mother makes throughout

4. Seeing who the Giants pick

NHL Draft >>>>>> NFL Draft, solely because the NHL Draft lacks Mel Kiper. Man, that guy's annoying.

Old
06-11-2008, 09:49 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWinger11 View Post

1. Watching the green-faced, Mardi Gras bead-wearing Jets fans acting like drunken frat boys (not that the Giants fans don't do the same, minus the green face paint, but the Jets fans seem to either outnumber them or out-decibel them most years)

NHL Draft >>>>>> NFL Draft, solely because the NHL Draft lacks Mel Kiper. Man, that guy's annoying.
I can't imagine a scenario short of paralysis that would see my wife or 2 daughters watching a draft with me. Well, maybe the older one if she thought free drinks were involved.

I always thought fan behaviour would make a great SNL skit or the basis for a character. The camera pans over a guy having a normal conversation and when he realizes he's being watched, he screams '#1' and holds the forefinger in the air, then goes back to chatting with his buddy.

The Jets tend to draft earlier,, making it a more exciting event for them I guess.

Old
06-11-2008, 09:57 AM
LilWinger11

Quote:
I can't imagine a scenario short of paralysis that would see my wife or 2 daughters watching a draft with me. Well, maybe the older one if she thought free drinks were involved.

I always thought fan behaviour would make a great SNL skit or the basis for a character. The camera pans over a guy having a normal conversation and when he realizes he's being watched, he screams '#1' and holds the forefinger in the air, then goes back to chatting with his buddy.

The Jets tend to draft earlier,, making it a more exciting event for them I guess.
Yeah, I somehow resisted the urge to point that out It's definitely bad when they don't like their pick, because not many guys have usually come off the board at that point.

As for the SNL skit, they could just bring cameras to next year's draft (or any kind of draft-day gathering of Oakland Raider fans). The beer-drinking, face-painting, foam finger-wearing guys there are pretty much a parody of sports fans all by themselves.

Old
06-11-2008, 09:04 PM
chitownhabsfan

The NHL Entry Draft, to be held in Ottawa on Friday, June 20th & Saturday, June 21st. I believe the Friday draft will be limited to the first seven rounds.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid...e&service=page

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?page=Draf...e&service=page

In the US, I expect it will be televised on Versus and/or the NHL Network. In Canada, try TSN. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=11476

MGD stands for Miller Genuine Draft and it is a beer.

http://www.millerbeer.com/av.action

Old
06-12-2008, 12:36 PM
Fozz

Quote:
and the beer is colder in my fridge, with my feet up..
Much cheaper too... No doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownhabsfan View Post
The NHL Entry Draft, to be held in Ottawa on Friday, June 20th & Saturday, June 21st. I believe the Friday draft will be limited to the first seven rounds.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid...e&service=page

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?page=Draf...e&service=page

In the US, I expect it will be televised on Versus and/or the NHL Network. In Canada, try TSN. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=11476

MGD stands for Miller Genuine Draft and it is a beer.

http://www.millerbeer.com/av.action

Probably just a typo there but Friday is the first round only. Rounds 2 - 7 held Saturday.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 06-12-2008 at 08:06 PM.
Old
06-12-2008, 04:09 PM
sandman08

Quote:

I was thinking that it could be fun to observe morons in their natural habitat, but the nHL is a bit more reserved. I'd rather sit in a quiet bar with a dozen posters like yourself who could have somewhat knowledgeable input about the players selected. Then again, my attn. span would falter and I'd get on everyone's nerves.
i think i watched that bubba franks draft
jets and raiders fans always amuse me haha
oh and the browns fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWinger11 View Post

you could probably add "who the bungles are going to draft and bet how long till he breaks some sortve law or repeats" to that list, other than that i agree (well, cept for me its more the jaguars/colts then the giants and my mom doesnt understand or care about most sports but she loves saku! )

Quote:
haha nice

Old
06-15-2008, 08:57 AM
sampollock

Draft Day---In what way do you take it in??

This is a thread to see how are loyal hab fans watch the big day of , which kid will wear the CH and love it.

1. buy the hockey news draft issue 2008, weeks ago

2. stop pu 12 cold mgd's

3. sit down in big recliner, and crack a mgd, and listen to bob m.

4. watch the draft with a pal(who is leaf fan), that we have been doing this same routine for over 20 years.

5. dicuss after if the habs got a good dude, and if the leafs got the right dude.

6. wait till next year's draft.

I hope this type of thread was not started, i did not see one.....

Old
06-15-2008, 09:41 AM
Pepe Lemieux

1. Me and 2 of my friends have a keepers draft that include 4 rounds in the afternoon.
2. A lot of O'keefes are flowing
3. Already drunk for the draft at 7
4. A lot of ho and ha
5. Bruins pick (1 of my dude is a Bruins fan)
6. Timmins announcing Le Club de Hockey Canadiens est fier de sélectionner from Minnesota prep School... Aaron Ness !!!
7. Oh no!!! and then falling to the floor ... again !!!

Old
06-15-2008, 09:51 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
I'll just be watching it to see the Maple Leafs trade away their first round pick for an old used up veteran ... again.

Old
06-15-2008, 09:53 AM
sampollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
I'll just be watching it to see the Maple Leafs trade away their first round pick for an old used up veteran ... again.

could happen,

but leaf fans are now talking , the ecklund rumour of vinne to leafland..

so there 1st may go!!! but not for vinne

Old
06-15-2008, 09:57 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
could happen,

but leaf fans are now talking , the ecklund rumour of vinne to leafland..

so there 1st may go!!! but not for vinne
98% of the time Eklund is Wrong ALL THE TIME. So This could be good, because if it says Vinny is going, then he isn't.

Old
06-15-2008, 10:12 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I watch what TSN shows of the draft. I won't make the mistake I did last year of tuning in to the Day 2 coverage on the NHL Network. It's more productive to just hover over my laptop and get updates of the picks on the internet.

Then I spend the next few days trying to absorb who went where.

Old
06-15-2008, 10:23 AM
GNick42

I've been waiting for draft day since the Habs were eliminated...see who we get and always a few trades that go down and many more talked about

Old
06-15-2008, 10:26 AM
sampollock

the sharp aquos tv is ready

Old
06-15-2008, 10:29 AM
Blades 0f Steel

"In what way do you take it in??"

In before Spree's rude, rude comment.

Me, I'll be watching it on TSN.

Old
06-15-2008, 10:51 AM
David_99

Same as every year. Go to the inlaws for my mother inlaws outdoor birthday bbq, drink a lot, because A) it's free booze and B) it gives me an excuse to go on many bathroom breaks in the house so I can catch when the Habs pick. Then they trade down so it's another 5-10 mins of beer + toilet break excuses to finally see who they pick.

Old
06-15-2008, 01:16 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
I'll be at work covering it.

Old
06-15-2008, 01:19 PM
Uwey

More than likely laying on the couch both Friday night & Saturday, as I am going in for day surgery on Thursday to have hopefully have some kidney stones that have been stuck for the past month, removed or at least broken up!!!

Old
06-15-2008, 01:22 PM
sampollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwey View Post
More than likely laying on the couch both Friday night & Saturday, as I am going in for day surgery on Thursday to have hopefully have some kidney stones that have been stuck for the past month, removed or at least broken up!!!
hope all goes well

Old
06-15-2008, 01:24 PM
Uwey

Thanx Dude

Old
06-15-2008, 01:45 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

I'll be at the draft in Ottawa. Then the next day, I'll watch TSN's broadcast that I taped from the previous day (I'm taping it like every year)

Closed Thread