HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RFA Mike Green

Old
06-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

vCash: 500
Man if we only could get Green, a right-hand defenseman man of this quality, (a north-American to boot) I would be extatic. Our problem is that we only have one talented D that can play on a regular basis in Markov. Streit is great on the PP but cannot play on a regular basis. We need that second defenseman star and Green would give us that. The guy is on the rise and will be a Top 5 D in a short while.

But I think if Bob would go after a RFA it would be somebody that we would be sure to get. That's how strategically you do it: make sure the other team are tight in their overall salary situation and then you strike by offering a big contact.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 12:47 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
no,and if you check my 1st post im proposing a trade for Markov not us signing him to an offer sheet

What's the point of that? You replace Markov with a more expensive guy that's nowhere as good defensively. Green is more flashy but Markov is a better passer and great point man on the PP.

Campbell will cost around 7 mil+ and you can be sure Green would get at least that much.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 01:01 PM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Man if we only could get Green, a right-hand defenseman man of this quality, (a north-American to boot) I would be extatic. Our problem is that we only have one talented D that can play on a regular basis in Markov. Streit is great on the PP but cannot play on a regular basis. We need that second defenseman star and Green would give us that. The guy is on the rise and will be a Top 5 D in a short while.

But I think if Bob would go after a RFA it would be somebody that we would be sure to get. That's how strategically you do it: make sure the other team are tight in their overall salary situation and then you strike by offering a big contact.
Unreal, talk about selling short Komi, Hammrlik...

Arctic_Hab_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 01:03 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
What's the point of that? You replace Markov with a more expensive guy that's nowhere as good defensively. Green is more flashy but Markov is a better passer and great point man on the PP.

Campbell will cost around 7 mil+ and you can be sure Green would get at least that much.
If you think Green will make around 7 mil your crazy.He will not make anything over 5 IMO.

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 01:14 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He shows emotion in his game? *** are you talking about?
He hits, sticks up for himself... does not play the same type of womanly hockey that Markov plays in the playoffs. Thats what I'm talking about.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 01:15 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Hab_Fan View Post
Unreal, talk about selling short Komi, Hammrlik...
I'm talking about OFFENSIVELY. We need a second top offensive D-man.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 05:54 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Markov for Green?
I would actually consider this deal. But it would hinge on a few things that I just don't know:

1. Was Markov injured, or is he just a low-key guy?
2. Can Green adapt to another system, a Jarvis system, in which he won't have as much freedom to roam?
3. Would switching Green for Markov hurt, help or unchange overall team chemistry?

This proposal would be a fun one in the Trade forum.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 06:31 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

I think if you're signing him to an offer sheet, you call up McPhee right beforehand and make an offer involving players, not picks.

2 1sts, 2nd, 3rd or Hamrlik, Grabovsky, Valentenko and Carle (off the top of my head, it might not make a lot of sense in value or depth for Washington, so don't yell about the proposal).

Something like that. The picks will help them in the future, while the players will help them much sooner. Make McPhee make a decision right away, instead of having him mull it over for a week.

As for the Markov for Green proposal, I'm not sure it makes a lot of sense for us.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 06:59 PM
Kachino

I honestly don't see Green leaving Washington at all. I think they'll match any offer thrown at Green. As we all witness during the season, their weaknesses were goaltending and defense. They upgrade the goaltending with Huet (which hasn't re-sign yet). For their defense, I honestly think Green is going to improve defensively as he progress in his development and with a guy like Alzer most likely making the team next year, the present/future is bright for the Caps.

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote