HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roszival has Hip Surgery

Old
06-11-2008, 03:10 PM
DontStepanMe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I highly doubt the Rangers sign Liles to play on the 3rd pairing with Backman.
why do you say that? you do realize that they could put him on the second pairing and have tyutin or girardi on the third as well. they could put liles on the first and rosy on the second. too if you would like.... it just a basic top six.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
why do you say that? you do realize that they could put him on the second pairing and have tyutin or girardi on the third as well. they could put liles on the first and rosy on the second. too if you would like.... it just a basic top six.
Obviously, but generally when people post their top 6, it has some sort of hierarchy to it. Just being a little nit-picky, thats all. Blame my clients for putting me in a disgruntled mood.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 03:22 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Obviously, but generally when people post their top 6, it has some sort of hierarchy to it. Just being a little nit-picky, thats all. Blame my clients for putting me in a disgruntled mood.
i figured it would be what Renney would most likely do if given the opportunity.

Old
06-11-2008, 03:27 PM
AK

I think the odds are good that he does not play in the NHL ever again. It's probably not going to shake down like that, but he is just too old and slow, not to mention past his prime, to keep playing at the NHL level. As I recall, these playoffs, he put in at least 2 goals for the other team.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 03:28 PM
AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
If Liles became a Ranger, he would not be on a third pairing. He'd be on a top pairing, probably alongside Tyutin or Staal.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 03:30 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWGRD View Post
I think the odds are good that he does not play in the NHL ever again. It's probably not going to shake down like that, but he is just too old and slow, not to mention past his prime, to keep playing at the NHL level. As I recall, these playoffs, he put in at least 2 goals for the other team.
you do realize that he will only be 30 when the season starts... that is in your prime and not too old.

Old
06-11-2008, 03:55 PM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
hmm
id rather see mara resigned before rozsival, but that is just me, rozsival is good but mara takes the body and sticks up for our team and goalie. rozsival is better offensively but does take lazy penaltes at the wrong time.
Go ask Pens fans what they think of Melichar. Bet you'd change your mind...

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPG View Post
Go ask Pens fans what they think of Melichar. Bet you'd change your mind...
IIRC, Pens fans didn't think much of Rosie, either.

Last edited by Forechecker: 06-11-2008 at 04:12 PM.
Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 04:10 PM
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

Maybe this explains his girly drifting into the corner to get the puck only to get destroyed by someone.

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 04:19 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
staal-redden(6.5)
girardi-rozsival(4)
melichar-tyutin
potter
What is it with you and Redden? Not a bad option, IMO, as many think but it's putting all your eggs in one basket as far as the cap goes, 'cause remember - we're after a crease-clearing guy and a PP homerun hitter. Getting Redden would be nice, but at 6M+, that makes it hard to go for Orpik, Stuart or Smith, assuming you also want to get a top-six winger (we need at least one).

Tyutin should be making 600-800k less, so it's not too hard to justify moving him (not that I'm strongly advocating it) for Cole, Vermette or Cammalleri. That'll give you more freedom to sign two of Liles, Stuart, Streit, Orpik, Hainsey, Rozsival... and even a 3rd pairing guy, like Sauer, Vandermeer or Finger.

And why is everyone all Melichar... JOrts brought him up about a year or two ago and no one liked the idea... now we're all fans?

Sign Kurt Sauer. Then in '09 sign Lundqvist's twin. With an atmosphere like that, we'd be ready for the Cup.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 04:32 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
What is it with you and Redden? Not a bad option, IMO, as many think but it's putting all your eggs in one basket as far as the cap goes, 'cause remember - we're after a crease-clearing guy and a PP homerun hitter. Getting Redden would be nice, but at 6M+, that makes it hard to go for Orpik, Stuart or Smith, assuming you also want to get a top-six winger (we need at least one).

Tyutin should be making 600-800k less, so it's not too hard to justify moving him (not that I'm strongly advocating it) for Cole, Vermette or Cammalleri. That'll give you more freedom to sign two of Liles, Stuart, Streit, Orpik, Hainsey, Rozsival... and even a 3rd pairing guy, like Sauer, Vandermeer or Finger.

And why is everyone all Melichar... JOrts brought him up about a year or two ago and no one liked the idea... now we're all fans?

Sign Kurt Sauer. Then in '09 sign Lundqvist's twin. With an atmosphere like that, we'd be ready for the Cup.

the reason i like redden:
he is actually a top pairing defenseman....the last time the rangers actually had one was leetch.....he is a leader, is a pp qb and the last time he actually played with a defensive defenseman(staal) he had a career year and got that contract....he is in his early 30's and he has been in the playoffs a lot with the sens which is a good thing considering how young the rangers defense is......also, i think he is one of the better options out there as he is established and can play both ends of the rink whereas campbell, who will be getting most loikely close to 8 million can only play offense, orpik(who i got crushed for wanting) can only play the defenseive end will be most likely be getting over 4 million and rozsival will be most likely be getting over 5 as well as he has been a #1 defenseman for 3 years on a playoff team.....i understand people might not want to pay redden the money, however i would rather pay him for 4 years of service so the rangers can get a leader, a pp qb and a puck moving defenseman all in one

now, do i think they need a crease-clearing defenseman?:
absolutely....would i like to sign orpik or stuart....absolutely....i would love the second pairing of girardi with one of those guys, however, if rozsival will sign for 4 million or less, i wouldnt mind having him as the #3 as that would add to the depth.....

staal-redden(6.5)
girardi-rozsival/orpik/stuart(4-4.5)
tyutin-mara/smith(2.5)
potter

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 04:49 PM
newyorkrangers11

One hard check from Tucker, Clarkson, Cote, anyone and maybe this injury will act up again. We do not know the severity of this injury and taking a chance may be wasting our time AND money. Sign Mara, and one of those other defensemen out there... melichar orpik stuart redden. Sorry Rozy

newyorkrangers11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 04:50 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorkrangers11 View Post
One hard check from Tucker, Clarkson, Cote, anyone and maybe this injury will act up again. We do not know the severity of this injury and taking a chance may be wasting our time AND money. Sign Mara, and one of those other defensemen out there... melichar orpik stuart redden. Sorry Rozy
I can't imagine it's THAT serious if he skated through a chunk of the season, the POs, and the World Championships with it.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 05:12 PM
newyorkrangers11

You are probably right, but I am just saying.. going under the knife is never good. Whatever the problem may be and however severe you never know what can happen to re-injure that hip or just cause it to effect his game, maybe miss a few.

Old
06-11-2008, 05:18 PM
John Torturella

Mara is getting too much credit IMO. At times he is like Malik, a pylon. He has a big frame and a big shot that is not utilized at all. He is also prone to bad holding penalties. Unless you can get him for 1.5 mill, I would pass on him.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 05:27 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
I don't see why people want to pass on Roszival. Show me a better two way defenseman than Roszival that will fit into the Rangers as nicely as he has. There isn't one on the market -- that we wouldn't have to overpay. If Liles and Roszival each cost 4 million, I'm taking Roszival because I know what he can do in a Rangers jersey.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 05:34 PM
newyorkrangers11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
I don't see why people want to pass on Roszival. Show me a better two way defenseman than Roszival that will fit into the Rangers as nicely as he has. There isn't one on the market -- that we wouldn't have to overpay. If Liles and Roszival each cost 4 million, I'm taking Roszival because I know what he can do in a Rangers jersey.
Brings me to two things about Roszival. First, he really is a very good two way defensemen, but his confidence often throws his game off. He either A.) Is not confident enough and does not shoot and is quick to rid of the puck thus turning the puck over. OR B.) Overconfident where he is shooting the puck which is good, but is also holding onto it and trying to do to much with it, again causing turnovers. If is confidence was at a steady pace that was comfortable with his style of playing he could really make something of himself. Also my second point, you mentioned that you KNOW what he can do in a Ranger's jersey and that is something people often miss. Familiarity. May not seem like a big deal but Roszival is comfortable here, and the players around him are comfortable with him as well. Bringing in a new defensemen as beneficial as it can be can also at first work out poorly due to lack of chemistry. I mean Drury and Gomez were supposed to mesh this team together so well, and that didn't happen until down the stretch when Renney started making some necessary changes.

Old
06-11-2008, 05:36 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorkrangers11 View Post
I say now definently let him go, what if this injury lingers and bothers him next season.. to me it is to risky and we need to sign another defensemen.
I agree, Rosi was a pleasant surprise & served his purpose here, he isn't a top 2 defensemen, it's time to move on.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 05:37 PM
bogans

he was playing injured, lets give him another chance

bogans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 05:42 PM
newyorkrangers11

does it say how long he was hurt for? or are you just guessing because he was playing poorly?

Old
06-11-2008, 05:53 PM
Vitto79

I agree Rozi would be a good 2nd pairing Dman............what about signing Melichar to play with him........they are apparently buddies and then signing Hainsey for a descent price

That would give:

Staal Hainsey
Melichar, Rozsival
Tyutin, Girardi
Potter or Backman if he is not moved to clear salary

I would be fine with that at the right price

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 05:59 PM
newyorkrangers11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I agree Rozi would be a good 2nd pairing Dman............what about signing Melichar to play with him........they are apparently buddies and then signing Hainsey for a descent price

That would give:

Staal Hainsey
Melichar, Rozsival
Tyutin, Girardi
Potter or Backman if he is not moved to clear salary

I would be fine with that at the right price
Okay, but at the right price id be okay with

Staal, Orpik
Stuart, Redden
Tyutin, Giradi
Liles, Mara

at the right price though.

but I don't know if I want Staal playing with Hainsey.

Old
06-11-2008, 06:25 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
I see it as less about hierarchy and more about what combinations make sense. When talking about defense corp.

I see the 6th guy just as important as the #1 guy.

I could be wrong according to some traditionalists, but IMO with only 6 guys dressed per night, all 6 guys back there are equally as important.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 06:29 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

I'm a huge Rozsival supporter but I would NOT go beyond 2 years 4 million and I'm 100% certain he could get more elsewhere...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 07:09 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Seriously, why is everyone into Melichar? We might as well sign Mezei... or that guy Pasha666 loved.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote