HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pacioretty ---> Morrow??

Old
06-11-2008, 03:08 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarfangor View Post
Max Pacioretty = Max Pacioretty?! :O!
I lol'd.

Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 09:22 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by vad87 View Post
I would like to know what's your opinion about Max Pac and Brendan Morrow similitudes. I saw Max Pac 2-3 times this years and his style is very similar to Morrow's one. Both guys crash, bang and have a dirty nose to the net. The typical power forward. Both are LW and Max Pac is a bigger. So can we expect him to play that kind of game? I dont want MTL to rush that kid but I hope to see him sooner than later. We really need that kind of player because we missed it during the playoffs. So, for the guys who saw Max Pac much more than me, am I right?
I've often used morrow as a benchmark for chris higgins. They have similar stature and traits. However, higgins has a ways to go in the playoffs before I prefer him over morrow.

Hackett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 09:37 AM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
How about...

He plays like a potential first line Power Forward... He hits, he's got a great slapshot, good wrist shot, good skater, and he can drop the gloves..... Thats a pretty good description of Max Pac for me.
what about, ''He plays somewhat like Morrow but bigger, less fluid skater and and less of a scorer..'' (I DONT SAY ITS THE CASE, EXEMPLE) but for a someone who follows NHL it way easier to see that or understand the kind of player he is at his level.. because that player maybe has like 80% of those caracteristics.. but anyway.. it doesnt really matter but IMO it helps to understand a style more than JUST attributes.

I just say, Pacioretty will be Pacioretty once he reachs the NHL and people know him, until then.. he is just a nobody draft by the Canadiens for mostly anyone who doesnt follow prospects as much as SOME of us even in HFBOARDS.

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 09:40 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
That's more of a cage grabbing contest followed by a jersey holding festival.
Since it's illegal to fight in the NCAA and you have to wear cages, that's as good as it's gonna get.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 09:55 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20 View Post
what about, ''He plays somewhat like Morrow but bigger, less fluid skater and and less of a scorer..'' (I DONT SAY ITS THE CASE, EXEMPLE) but for a someone who follows NHL it way easier to see that or understand the kind of player he is at his level.. because that player maybe has like 80% of those caracteristics.. but anyway.. it doesnt really matter but IMO it helps to understand a style more than JUST attributes.

I just say, Pacioretty will be Pacioretty once he reachs the NHL and people know him, until then.. he is just a nobody draft by the Canadiens for mostly anyone who doesnt follow prospects as much as SOME of us even in HFBOARDS.
Pacs was advertised as being a very good skater and hard nosed as well as having passing and shooting skills. Morrow may not have the offensive capibilities but he has great hockey sense and is a very good gritty two way player. How is Pac's two way play?

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 05:57 PM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
Pacs was advertised as being a very good skater and hard nosed as well as having passing and shooting skills. Morrow may not have the offensive capibilities but he has great hockey sense and is a very good gritty two way player. How is Pac's two way play?

to be honest i dont know what the real deal with maxpac, all i know is the little i have heard, seem like a very good prospect, but i will judge him when i see him for real against tougher competition, i have no idea on how good he is.

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 05:59 PM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20 View Post
to be honest i dont know what the real deal with maxpac, all i know is the little i have heard, seem like a very good prospect, but i will judge him when i see him for real against tougher competition, i have no idea on how good he is.
Your gonna have a crush(boo!) for him.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 06:34 PM
ReVeuF

MaxPac = Milan Lucic that is better offensively

That is my hope

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 06:41 PM
McTusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
With hockey-sense and a brain too, and hopefully without the charging.

McTusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2008, 07:58 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post

That is my hope
I don't see him as that kind of player, faster and more skilled, better skater. I really don't think he will be dropping the gloves all that much but I guess we'll see.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote