ATL - LA Trade Proposal

Old
06-07-2008, 01:20 AM
riseandfall9

vCash: 500
ATL - LA Trade Proposal

To ATL: Michael Cammalleri - Lubomir Visnovsky

To LA: 3rd overall pick

Cammalleri will easily be locked up long term for 2 million less then Hossa`s 7. Visnovsky is Locked up for 5 more years 5.6 million cap hit.

Gives Kovalchuk a supporting cast and will instantly improve your power play with Visnovsky and Cammy.

What you guys think?

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 03:00 AM
Safir*

The Atlanta Thrashers are NOT a charity organization! Plus, it makes no sense for the Kings either. Why would they wanna move one of their few Dman?

Besides, I doubt that Lubomir Visnovsky waives his No Movement Clause. Try again in 2012, when it becomes a partial NTC.

Last edited by Safir*: 06-07-2008 at 03:50 AM.
Safir* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 03:10 AM
God
Free Citizen

LA would never, ever do that. Not sure about Atlanta. Seems like a pretty decent deal, actually.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 04:38 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safir View Post
The Atlanta Thrashers are NOT a charity organization! Plus, it makes no sense for the Kings either. Why would they wanna move one of their few Dman?

Besides, I doubt that Lubomir Visnovsky waives his No Movement Clause. Try again in 2012, when it becomes a partial NTC.
I wasnt suggesting that Atlanta was a charity organization. Cammalleri is a sniper and his value to me and Im not crazy about him is like 4.5 a season. Also Vishs NTC doesnt kick in until July 1st.

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 06:02 AM
Safir*

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
I wasnt suggesting that Atlanta was a charity organization. Cammalleri is a sniper and his value to me and Im not crazy about him is like 4.5 a season. Also Vishs NTC doesnt kick in until July 1st.
It's a NMC, not a NTC. Just checked his contract again and the extension from last year kicks after the end of his current contract. That includes the NMC.

1.) Again, why would the Kings deal him when only Johnson & Preissing are under contract for next season? You can't bank on the 2008 draftees to jump straight to the NHL.

2.) Lubo is already 31 years old and will make a whopping 5.65 million (cap hit) over the next five season and let's not forget about that NMC.

3.) I've had him on my fantasy team this season. He frustrated the hell out of me with his inconsistant play. Combine that + 2.)= trouble.

4.) Visnoski is a small player and Atlanta already had a whimpy roster this season. Sorry, I'm not interested in him.

5.) Cammy drop-off in production worries me gravely + he'll become a UFA soon (2009 IIRC) + IMO he's looking for a BIG pay day + another smallish player (see point 4.)

Conclusion: I'm not interested in two smallish and inconsistant players, when I have the chance to draft a guy like Zack Bogosian or Drew Doughty. Atlanta needs to start developing home grow players, instead of trading them (or picks) for mercenaries.

A team like the Islanders might be more interested in that offer, which isn't a bad offer. I just don't feel that Cammy and Lubo are players, which can help the Thrashers (size, cap hit, UFA status, NMC.)

Old
06-07-2008, 07:32 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Is it fair value for the #3 pick, perhaps.

Can the Thrashers afford to pass up the chance to grab a young franchise defenseman in this draft, no way.

btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Lux Aurumque*

Would I like to see the Thrashers do it? HECK YES!

Would the Kings do it? No way!

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 09:11 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
I don't think this deal would work for either party.

dj4aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 06:58 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

I wouldn't mind seeing the Thrashers offer Lehtonen's rights and our 2nd first rounder for the #2 overall pick and a RW.

Last edited by ThrasherMinion: 06-10-2008 at 07:10 PM.
ThrasherMinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 08:08 PM
BrainChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky17 View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing the Thrashers offer Lehtonen's rights and our 2nd first rounder for the #2 overall pick and a RW.
At this point I'm open to just about anything to put a talent/youth injection into this team. But seeing as how the Kings only have two legit RWs on their roster and Dustin Brown is a 33 goal scorer, they won't give him up. Now if you're looking for a LEFT wing, they eight to chose from...

BrainChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Dr_Gonz0

What About Joni Pitkanen, Rob Schremp, and the 22nd overall pick for the 3rd overall? Enough, not even close?

Dr_Gonz0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 04:28 AM
BigT2002

vCash: 50
thats a VERY big plus for Atlanta. If they offered that, I wouldn't think twice. Great dmen and a pretty good forward that would probably flourish even more in the EC than in the West

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 01:14 PM
BrainChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Gonz0 View Post
What About Joni Pitkanen, Rob Schremp, and the 22nd overall pick for the 3rd overall? Enough, not even close?
Why stop there? Let's make it real interesting:

To Edmonton: 3rd Overall 2008 pick, Kari Lehtonen
To Atlanta: 22nd Overall 2008 pick, Joni Pitkanen, Rob Schremp, Sam Gagner

Kovy finally gets a young center to feed him and the Oil gets the starting goaler they so desperately need.

BrainChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 02:18 PM
Shameus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainChild View Post

Kovy finally gets a young center to feed him and the Oil gets the starting goaler they so desperately need.
Uh, no. I am not giving up Kari and the 3rd pick in this draft with a chance to take a top pairing d-man. Pitkanen's value has gone down since his rookie season. He'd be a second pairing guy, even for us. Schremp has spent the past 2 years in the AHL and was a first round pick in 04; most of the guys from that first round have multiple yrs exp by now and Gagner passed Schremp for ice time as a younger player. Gagner was a first round pick in 07, and was a -21 for the oilers; he probably should have been left in the minors. I am not liking this deal. I think the Thrashers lose this one.

Shameus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 03:00 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainChild View Post

Pitkanen is more than likely trash compared to the defenseman that will be taken at 3 and Kari Lehtonen outweighs the value of everything else in the deal by a good margin.

DungeonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 03:21 PM
Safir*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameus View Post
Uh, no. I am not giving up Kari and the 3rd pick in this draft with a chance to take a top pairing d-man. Pitkanen's value has gone down since his rookie season. He'd be a second pairing guy, even for us. Schremp has spent the past 2 years in the AHL and was a first round pick in 04; most of the guys from that first round have multiple yrs exp by now and Gagner passed Schremp for ice time as a younger player. Gagner was a first round pick in 07, and was a -21 for the oilers; he probably should have been left in the minors. I am not liking this deal. I think the Thrashers lose this one.
I agree for the most part. For the love of god, hold on to both our first rounders and draft good talent. We need homegrown/ Thrashers developed talent. It will help you to build an identity and hopefully result in a loyality of these players for this team.

Pitkanen is already way to injuryprone for a younger player, which isn't a good sign. Gagner played a fine season and was part of the Oilers late season push.

Old
06-12-2008, 11:03 AM
jbreiner

I don't see LA and ATL as good trading partners. The 3rd overall is not going anywhere. The Thrashers cannot afford to miss out on one of these defensemen. I could possibly see the 3rd go somewhere if the 1st or 2nd was coming back but then I don't see Tampa or LA doing that either.

jbreiner is offline   Reply With Quote