Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Cincinnati Cyclones; ECHL Champions!

Old
06-05-2008, 10:38 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Cincinnati Cyclones; ECHL Champions!

Congrats to Cincinnati for their tremendous achievement.

Being from Montreal, I can't help but salute the great effort of 2 Quebecers, Cédric Desjardins the MVP and David Desharnais who just was fantastic for the start of the season to the end and should've won the MVP, still Desjardins is a fine choice.

Congrats to the team again and congrats to Chuck Weber and his staff!

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 11:11 PM
TheCinBin

Send a message via AIM to TheCinBin
I have been a Cyclones fan for 10+ years, experienced an entire league folding (the original IHL), league changes, competing with another Cincinnati hockey team, suspending operations and coming back. All the while in my same seat at US Bank Arena with my same red Cyclones jersey.

What an accomplishment this is. After just returning a season ago ... countless regular season records such as most consecutive wins, Coach, Player, MVP, Rookie of the year, most improved attendance in all of hockey, Brabham Cup, and tonight ... the KELLY CUP in front of 12,200 -- the largest crowd in ECHL history (for the record the Columbus Blue Jackets had a crowd of 11,000 once this year). The atmosphere in the place was amazing as every player got to skate around kissing and celebrating with the Cup!

It has been honor to do every roadtrip, and just everything with such a great team, led by Chuck Weber. Thank you sir, it has been an amazing ride! Can't wait until next year!

TheCinBin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 11:37 PM
frito

MAN WHAT A GAME. 12722 in attendance. Not since the IHL All Star game have I seen a crowd that large. The game was great too. I'll tell you what though, after the second period with all the penalties we took, legit calls at that, I was beginning to think we were trying to throw the game to get one more night of huge tickets sales. I don't know what Weber said to the boys after the second intermission, but man did it work. They cleaned up their act and came out ON FIRE! Oh what a night! I am so ready for the banner raising ceremony. Woo Hoo!

frito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2008, 12:07 AM
Cats Gambler

Send a message via AIM to Cats Gambler
Congratulations guys...

Cats Gambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2008, 12:19 AM
TheCinBin

Send a message via AIM to TheCinBin
Cats Gambler - It sucks to lose big games like these buy the Wranglers nor their fans have anything to hang their heads about. They played a great series and for the most part it was VERY even every game. They also sure as hell did not come out and roll over tonight. It was neck-to-neck from the get go and I honestly felt that whichever team scored first would be the one who went on to win because it was just that kind of game. Lalande is a very special goaltender ... hell, he shut out the Clones twice this series ... that barely even happened ONCE all of the regular season!

Also quite pleased with the LV fans who made it down to our arena. There were only a few tonight but saw a decent amount for Games 1 and 2.

TheCinBin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2008, 12:32 AM
Cats Gambler

Send a message via AIM to Cats Gambler
I know, it's depressing to see a really good team go down the drain the way they did in Game 5, and it really cost them the series.

Now I gotta wait another year....or 2...possibly 3?

Cats Gambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2008, 01:13 AM
cyclonefan

Cloud Nine

I have waited for years for this. Thank you Clones. Also congrats to Vegas they are also a very good team as was Reading.

cyclonefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2008, 01:34 AM
cyclonefan

Cylones win; Cylones win

cyclonefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2008, 09:39 AM
Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Congrats to Cincinnati for their tremendous achievement.

Being from Montreal, I can't help but salute the great effort of 2 Quebecers, Cédric Desjardins the MVP and David Desharnais who just was fantastic for the start of the season to the end and should've won the MVP, still Desjardins is a fine choice.

Congrats to the team again and congrats to Chuck Weber and his staff!
Cedric Desjardins is from Edmundston NB, but congrats one NBer.
Just had to

Last edited by Alpine: 06-06-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2008, 10:46 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Congrats to Cincy! And to Desjardins for the MVP honors. Memorial Cup, now a Kelly Cup.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 02:33 PM
russmatuss

What can you tell me about Lee Lansdowne? He's a former junior of Swindon, England and I just found out on the junior website that he was part of this winning team. Any good?

russmatuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 03:48 PM
FrancoRussianAlaskan
Liter-a-cola

He was the Cyclones EBUG (Emergency Back Up Goalie) for most of the season and the team included him on their playoff roster. He didn't play a minute for Cincinnati in the post season or the regular season. I think he had been practicing with the team on and off all season and working somewhere in Cincinnati. Based on his numbers in the EPL the past two years (after a great year in 05-06) he would have been lit up in the ECHL. If MWHL/MAHL/EPHL can get permission to have work visas he may want to try out for a team in one of those leagues.

FrancoRussianAlaskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2008, 01:16 PM
Cyclones Rock

Lansdowne's primary duty was Video Coordinator. In fact, when he dressed at home games, he was not to be seen on the bench. I was told he was in full goaltender's gear performing his video cooridinator functions.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2008, 04:06 PM
FrancoRussianAlaskan
Liter-a-cola

That's funny as hell!

"Lee, we got a problem over here with this camera!"

*Guy running over in full goalie gear*

"What do you need?"
"Oh, nothing. We got it."

*laughs*

"You ****ing suck!"

lol

FrancoRussianAlaskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2008, 04:30 PM
russmatuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky born Pilot View Post
He was the Cyclones EBUG (Emergency Back Up Goalie) for most of the season and the team included him on their playoff roster. He didn't play a minute for Cincinnati in the post season or the regular season. I think he had been practicing with the team on and off all season and working somewhere in Cincinnati.

Not really suprising, he hardly impressed over here in the second tier which I can tell you is no great shakes, can't really imagine him at ECHL level to be honest.

russmatuss is offline   Reply With Quote