HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Cheap hits

Closed Thread

Old
05-29-2004, 11:56 PM
Swedish Bolt Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeeye
In the SCF? Tampa Bay, easily. Numerous attempts to injure. Attempt to injure is dirtier than fighting.

How would I react if Iginla had the puck and two players hit him? I wouldnt at all. You see, I understand hockey, and I know that bodychecking is legal. Even if two players hit you at the same time. The way the officials were calling that game in the third - especially against Calgary - The Flames most defintely would have been penalized if anything was illegal about the check.
Did i ever say fighting is dirty? no, so please dont put words in my mouth that i dont say.

Look up the section where they talk about puck carrier and interference

Old
05-29-2004, 11:59 PM
Snakeeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Bolt Fan
Did i ever say fighting is dirty? no, so please dont put words in my mouth that i dont say.

You mean where it says it is legal to check the puck carrier? Roy was in the process of passing the puck when he was hit. And you are a hypocrite if you dont think the Lightning - and every other team in hockey - make similar hits 20 times a game.

You are crying that the Flames are a dirty team. All the Flames did was beat down your team in fights. Ergo, you are saying that fighting is dirty.

Old
05-30-2004, 12:00 AM
transplant99

Quote:

You may very well be the single whiniest hockey poster in the history of the internet.

Truly unbelievable and clearly haven't watched very much NHL hockey or simply do not understand the game and the way it has been played for decades and decades.

Hilarious you can have such a one-way spin on EVERYTHING concerned with the dolts.

Why was Roy put on the ice with 40 seconds left anyhow? Damn goonsquad those dolts are.

Old
05-30-2004, 12:00 AM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeeye
You mean where it says it is legal to check the puck carrier? Roy was in the process of passing the puck when he was hit. And you are a hypocrite if you dont think the Lightning - and every other team in hockey - make similar hits 20 times a game.

You are crying that the Flames are a dirty team. All the Flames did was beat down your team in fights. Ergo, you are saying that fighting is dirty.
for the 3rd time dont put words in my mouth that i have never said

Old
05-30-2004, 12:06 AM
Snakeeye

Quote:
for the 3rd time dont put words in my mouth that i have never said
Learn to voice your arguments in a fashion that does not lead to such implications.

Old
05-30-2004, 12:12 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

this is going nowhere.

if you want to argue in a petty manner, do so over PM.

Closed Thread