HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who do you consider to be our # 2 D : Hamrlik or Komisarek ?

View Poll Results: Who do you consider to be our # 2 D : Hamrlik or Komisarek ? Reload this Page Post
Hamrlik 76 57.58%
Komisarek 56 42.42%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-13-2008, 05:00 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

vCash: 500
Who do you consider to be our # 2 D : Hamrlik or Komisarek ?

Not sure if this poll was made before but even if it was i missed it so ill redo it again.

Basically i just want to know who do you guys think is our true no 2 defensemen : Hammer or Komi ? Personally i think that it's Hammer even if he's on the 2nd pairing but some may disagree hence why i made this poll (and also because i'm a bit bored waiting for a phone call).

Bronn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2008, 05:11 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Hamrlik is a more complete Dman. If we didn't have Markov, Hamrlik would be filling his hole.

You also can deduct this by asking yourself what happened when Hamrlik was sick and didn't play last year versus when Komi got injured..
Which was a bigger loss?..We went winless without Hamrlik.

Hamrlik got criticized a lot here because of his contract, but he deserves every bit of it.

Komi is still learning, he will be a clear cut #2 soon. To become a #1 he'd have to develop his offensive side.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2008, 05:38 PM
F. Duchemin

Send a message via MSN to F. Duchemin
Well, as seen in the playoff... i consider Hamrlik is the man.

Komi is a good complement of someone with an offensive side.

F. Duchemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2008, 05:40 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Hamrlik does everything right. Great passing, he can rush the puck, positionally he's almost perfect, he can hit like a train, defensively he's as consistent as I've seen a Habs d-man my entire life (19 years old). Komisarek is amazing as well, great defensive poise, shot blocking, thunderous checks, but he is not a complete defenseman like Hamrlik. Honestly, Roman is a few goals away from being called the "perfect" player

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2008, 05:57 PM
jcpenny

This poll should be one sided in favor of Hammer. Komi is very physical and steady in his own zone but he doesnt have the poise that Hammer has with the puck.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2008, 06:11 PM
The Fuhr*

Komisarek is better then Markov.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2008, 06:16 PM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
I'm still not comfortable with Hamrlik. Sure, the guy was fantastic last season, but he was also fantastic in his first season with Calgary: in his second year, he spent most of the season channeling the spirit of Patrice Brisebois, circa 2001. It remains to be seen whether he can keep up this pace.

Dogbert* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2008, 06:33 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
I'm still not comfortable with Hamrlik. Sure, the guy was fantastic last season, but he was also fantastic in his first season with Calgary: in his second year, he spent most of the season channeling the spirit of Patrice Brisebois, circa 2001. It remains to be seen whether he can keep up this pace.

I talked to Flames fans after we signed him who said that season he was their best player all year except for the last 10 games or so....so, where are you getting this?

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2008, 06:36 PM
DoMakc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhr86 View Post

No, he isn't. Not even close. And I don't even speak about offensive side or transition game. Komisarek compliments Markov with his physical game, but when they were splitted, he was really mediocre in his own end.

DoMakc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2008, 06:37 PM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
I talked to Flames fans after we signed him who said that season he was their best player all year except for the last 10 games or so....so, where are you getting this?
I have no idea what games they were watching. In 2006-07, Hammer was god-awful. He was good for at least one glorious scoring chance per game for the opposing team, mostly stemming from the habit he'd made of firing the puck blindly up the middle from the corner of his own zone.

Dogbert* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2008, 06:42 PM
Garo

Quote:
Whew, good thing I finished my coffee just before I read that post.

The only thing Komisarek has on Markov is physical play, and that's not nearly enough to give him an edge.

Garo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
alot of flames fans talked about hammer taking bad penalties at bad times... I was a bit nervous with this signing.

But I thought hammer was terrific this season, although there were spots in the playoffs where he didn't look good.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2008, 07:05 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

I love Markov. I really do.

But as far as last season went, I think Hamrlik was game in and game out, our best defenseman.

Komisarek was our 3rd/4th best defenseman. Start of the year he was #3.. end of the year, I'd rank him behind Gorges.

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2008, 07:05 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
I have no idea what games they were watching. In 2006-07, Hammer was god-awful. He was good for at least one glorious scoring chance per game for the opposing team, mostly stemming from the habit he'd made of firing the puck blindly up the middle from the corner of his own zone.
I talked to quite a number of Flames fans as well, not clueless hockey fans, so serious ones. They were all pleased with Hamrlik. He wasn't the best D in the league, but they said he was solid.
Phaneuf also said the same thing and most experts kept saying how great Hammer was for Phaneuf...

So..Hammer being God-Awful...im not sure.

Old
06-13-2008, 07:07 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I love Markov. I really do.

But as far as last season went, I think Hamrlik was game in and game out, our best defenseman.

Komisarek was our 3rd/4th best defenseman. Start of the year he was #3.. end of the year, I'd rank him behind Gorges.
Thats not really fair, Bouillon and Gorges rarely faced the opposing team's top players.

Make Markov/Komi face 3rd-4th liners and they'll look like the best Dmen to have ever played for the Habs.

Don't get me wrong, Gorges was great and proved a lot last year, but i think you're pushing it

Old
06-13-2008, 07:09 PM
The n00b King ©*

Quote:
*crickets*

The n00b King ©* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2008, 07:11 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
Detroit had number 1 (Lidstrom), 8 (Rafalski) and Number 29 (Kronwall). Defense wins the cup.
With Streit (not real defense) and Markov, we are not there yet! Hammer (55th) and Komi (100th) are not in that league and I don't see one of them getting to Kronwall level.
You do realize that Hamrlik scored more PTS last year than Kornwall scored this year. Maybe Hammer doesn't get to 35+ again.. but to say they are not in that league and they wont get to Kornwall's level of offensive play is pretty funny.

Hamrlik scored 65 PTS in his fourth year and first full season.. Kornwall might never score 60 + points.

Career wise, Hammer averages 40 PTS per 82 games. Not shabby.

Old
06-13-2008, 07:12 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Thats not really fair, Bouillon and Gorges rarely faced the opposing team's top players.

Make Markov/Komi face 3rd-4th liners and they'll look like the best Dmen to have ever played for the Habs.

Don't get me wrong, Gorges was great and proved a lot last year, but i think you're pushing it
I said at the end of the year, I felt Gorges was better. When Gorges was playing on the #1 or #2 pairing.

Old
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
I like Komi a lot, he's one of my favorites, but Hamrlik is more complete. The team did manage to adjust & win games when #8 was injured. But when Hamrlik was injured, the wheels came off & we went into a slump. Without a doubt I believe that our top 4 depth is 79-44-8-26.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Fuhr*

I think Komisarek is a beast. His physical play, his defensive game. It's game changing, opponents need to create a game plan because of it. If Komisarek can be a 30-35 point guy to go along with his physical play and defense he will be nominated for a Norris.

He's dominant, blocks shots, physical, strong defensively, logs big minutes. The top defensive defenseman in the NHL.

Old
06-13-2008, 07:30 PM
Ross MacLochness

Hamrlik was an absolute stud last year. Komisarek will be better in a year or two, but not now.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2008, 07:33 PM
Uwey

Komi #2, Hammer #3

Uwey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2008, 07:34 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
get out troll!!!

This aint no "what have you done for me lately" thread, we are not on the sens boards

Hammer is a much more complete player than Komi but in a few, he'll be a clear cut no 2 and could a 1b DMan

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2008, 07:38 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

I'd consider Komisarek our #2 since he can easely play on a first pairing. He's right handed and there's not a whole lot of RD who can play on a first pairing with this defensive awareness and physical presence.

About how they play? They bring something different. On his own, Hamrlik is a little bit better but Komi is a perfect RD complement of the first pairing.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2008, 08:03 PM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
More likely 50 points. Which defenseman did won the Norris without being a top 10 in the offense?
On the defense, Komi is really elite. First or second in Hits and Blocked shots. If someone can win the Norris while being at number 10 in Offense it is Komi or Dion (not Céline).
But hockey is a two way game especially for the Norris.
Langway twice.