HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Who do you consider to be our # 2 D : Hamrlik or Komisarek ?

View Poll Results: Who do you consider to be our # 2 D : Hamrlik or Komisarek ? Reload this Page Post
Hamrlik 76 57.58%
Komisarek 56 42.42%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-13-2008, 08:04 PM
Rayne*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhr86 View Post
Komisarek is better then Markov.
Sens fans should be the last to try and understand the value of a defenseman.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2008, 08:21 PM
The Fuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
Sens fans should be the last to try and understand the value of a defenseman.
Komisarek is the most dominating physical defenseman in the NHL. He is elite.

I think Komisareks physical defensive game is better then Markovs two-way game.

The Fuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 01:08 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
Komisarek is the most dominating physical defenseman in the NHL. He is elite.

I think Komisareks physical defensive game is better then Markovs two-way game.
Komi is a beast physically, ill give you that. Theres is not one guy in this league he cannot put on his behind. However, Hamrlik is so much more complete at this point and its not even close. Komi's play with the puck is still not where it needs to be and this is key in the new NHL. He is not elite yet.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 06:21 AM
MrNasty

It appears as though most of the comments here are merely looking at points scored to evaluate whther a d-man is better. Hammer played on average more minutes per game than Komi but it is only because he played on the 2nd pp unit. If we are talking about top defensmen then you also have to look at the DEFENSIVE stats as well. Komi far exceeded Hammer on blocked shots and hits and played against the other teasm top offensive lines to boot.

I am very pleased with the Hammer signing as he was very steady...however based on who Komi plays against and the defensive aspects he brings to the table I have to rank him ahead of Hammer but it is close because we are comparing two different types of players.

MrNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 09:59 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNasty View Post
It appears as though most of the comments here are merely looking at points scored to evaluate whther a d-man is better. Hammer played on average more minutes per game than Komi but it is only because he played on the 2nd pp unit. If we are talking about top defensmen then you also have to look at the DEFENSIVE stats as well. Komi far exceeded Hammer on blocked shots and hits and played against the other teasm top offensive lines to boot.

I am very pleased with the Hammer signing as he was very steady...however based on who Komi plays against and the defensive aspects he brings to the table I have to rank him ahead of Hammer but it is close because we are comparing two different types of players.
Im sure that Komi has more turnovers than Hammer though...

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 10:00 AM
MTL-rules

Hammer is better but Komi's more important... there are few speciment in the league that compares to Komisarek and he brings something the habs clearly lack at defense... with that said, he isn't as good as Hamrlik...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Komisarek but Hamrilk is the best #3 out there and I love the way he can calm the play down.Great signing by Gainey,love Hammer especially when he slows down and then just cracks someone

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 10:35 AM
znk

Quote:
Komisarek is better then Markov.
uh....
I'm sorry but Komisarek cant make a first pass to save his life. Thankfully he has other attributes that compensate.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 11:24 AM
terreur

vCash: 50
Hamerlik is a stud and hugely underrated by many. He brings stability and improves our defense a lot. Hamerlik is our number 2 and im not blasting Komi cause he is my favorite habes D, but I think Hamerlik brings more to the table.

terreur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Brisk-Illusion

Komisarek is one of the most over-rated players on the team IMO. He wasn't even able to stay in the top-6 before Gainey paired him with Markov.

They have good chemistry together, I don't deny that, but it makes Komi look a lot better than he actually is. Not saying he hasn't improved a lot in the last couple of years, but I think people under-estimate Markov's ability to make him look good.

Its a good pairing that we should try to keep together, but if Komi asks for the moon next summer, it might be wise to let him go ala Souray and try to replace him with a cheaper option. Remember, when Komi went down to injury, we didn't really miss him all that much.

Hamrlik, on the other hand has been rock solid since he came here, and unlike Komi, hasn't had the best partners to play with (Brisebois, O'Bryne, Streit, etc.)

Brisk-Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 01:15 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

I consider the experience part to be enough to put Hammer in the number 2 spot. Komi is good, and on the rise. But Hammer solidifies that second pairing possibly better than Komi could if the roles were reversed.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 10:50 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Komisarek is not THAT good, and we saw it right at the end of the season.

Sure, we're better with him, he has tremendous leadership, is a monster defensively and I want him to be a Hab for all his career... but Hamrlik is just a step above. Hammer is arguably the best D-Man in this team to make a first pass. He's faster than Komisarek and more disciplined.

Next year, with Streit likely going out, I suggest we put Hamrlik with Markov on the 1st PP unit sometimes. Playing the PP minutes Markov play, Roman would easily break the 40-45 points wall. He's just excellent in all of the three zones. He adds some pressure on the opponent's D on the powerplay and even sometimes at ES when he goes in front of the net. He takes calculated risks and is without a doubt the smartest player onthis team when it comes to taking chances at the right time.

A lot of our success this year is explainable with his acquisition. Best signing of the summer when it comes down to the impact a single player had on a team, in my opinion.

Komisarek is our #3 D-Man. He's excellent and probably the best #3 D-Man in the league but to be a top-2 D-Man you've got to be excellent in all three zones. He's never going to be much more than a #3 D-Man. He's now entering his peak, and has no upsides offensively.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 11:32 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I love Markov. I really do.

But as far as last season went, I think Hamrlik was game in and game out, our best defenseman.

Komisarek was our 3rd/4th best defenseman. Start of the year he was #3.. end of the year, I'd rank him behind Gorges.
#1 Markov fan here, and I agree. He had an OK season, tough series and ordinary WHC. Those who say he was great with team Russia either haven't watched the games or don't know much about Markov at all.

Not a good year for him. He'll bounce back next year.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2008, 12:59 AM
peperebougon*

Komi is my favorite player but Hammer is a better D-man for sure.Imagine a pairing of Markov-Hamr!!! Komi wouldn't be able to stabilize the second pairing. That tells all...Add to that the fact that Hamr is a TEACHER too I love how he took O'bee under his wing... I'd like him to work with gorges too next year. What a great signing by Bob! I never thought he was that good and the contract made me quite nervous...Hats off to Bob!

Komi will get better and better though.... Our top 3 d-men are just awesome!!!! It is a dream come true...I hope you all realize we are pretty lucky to have 3 d-men like these ones The days where Brisebois was our best d-man are far behind now! Defense and Goaltending win championships!!! We are pretty well set there...

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2008, 02:25 AM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
I see them more as 3A(Hammer) and 3B (Komisarek), and the 2 could be an elite defensemen that we could try to sign.

Chfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2008, 12:30 PM
Puckhead58*

There really is no comparison.....Hamrlik is our #1 defencemen as far as I'm concerned. Most people say Markov is our #1 d-man, but Hamrlik is the best defencemen as far as skill and dependability in my eyes. He always makes sure things are secure in our own end and he always makes smart plays in the defensive end. Markov is better offensively, but he isn't as good as Hamrlik defensively....IMO.

This is how I would rate the Habs defencemen....

Hamrlik
Markov
Komisarek
Gorges
Boullion
Streit
O'Byrne

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 09:38 AM
Squeaky

Hamrlik played like 2 minutes more per night. That pretty much defines the ranking of the Ds to me.

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I love Komi but Hamrlik was the #2 guy and the ice time proves it, he plays PP PK and 5 on 5 big minutes. Komi is more physical but Hamrlik beats him everywhere else.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 02:01 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
I love Komisarek but I can't believe this poll is even close. Hamrlik is like some sort of computer, he breaks down every possibility in a split second and always makes the correct decision given the situation

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 02:41 PM
bhuya71

ITS HAMMER TIMEEEEE!!!!!!! hamrlik the slick was an excellent calculated move by gainey and he is going to develop OB and pavel tank into great d-men.... markov - komi, hammer - ob, gorges - tank....7th bouillon i am drooling thinking of that D

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote