HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Ovechkin Called Up to NFL...

Old
06-13-2008, 08:52 PM
blandBob

vCash: 500
Ovechkin Called Up to NFL...

Amazing.

http://www.theonion.com/content/vide...to_big_leagues

blandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2008, 08:54 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogueMahone View Post
hahahaha

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2008, 08:55 PM
Celestial Black

There was/is another thread on this.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2008, 08:56 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

It may be just the mood I'm in, but I didn't find it funny at all. I'll watch it again tomorrow.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2008, 09:10 PM
Shaun_W_W

HAHAHA Covering all things sports and hockey too...

Shaun_W_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 12:10 AM
EventHorizon
Bring Back Ties!

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0rac3 View Post
There was/is another thread on this.
Actually there were 4 of them when this came out if I remember correctly.

EventHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 12:15 AM
bfire

I'm laughing at how stupid this is? Nice try?

bfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 02:16 AM
brainfreeze3

ridiculous

brainfreeze3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 05:16 AM
Chimp

This one was way funnier.
http://www.theonion.com/content/vide...e_feedbags_let

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 08:23 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
I think that was the most un-funny thing I have ever seen.

I actually feel dumber after watching that

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 09:35 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Yeah, I thought it was pretty bad, but this one was good
http://www.theonion.com/content/vide...replace_secret

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 09:58 AM
ThirdEye

I normally like Onion stuff, but I thought that was just offensive without being very funny. How many jokes can you build off the fact that the NHL isn't popular. Find something else

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 10:00 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

hahah oh thats just halarious.

Too bad for these ****ers hockey requires the most athletic skill of any sport in the world.

American Football is a joke sideshow sport with gangster thugs, useless female reporters on the field with incredible insight such as: "its clear they need to score more points to win, Bob, back to you". 5000 pound fat ***** who die of exhaustion in training camp can play in that "sport" and when they aren't dancing on the field of play like a bunch of classless clowns, they're shooting each other in night clubs or murdering dogs in dog fighting rings. They're so tough, let's see them play more then one game per week. ****ing pansies. Football is for guys who are too ***** to play rugby.

Basketball is even more of a joke. A bunch of 15 year old billionaires running around with gang signs and "bling" around their necks, shorts that are 50 sizes too big, that cry when they get a slap on the hand.

Don't even get me started on baseball, the whole league is a bunch of cheating babies that miss a season due to a blister on their finger or a twinge in their calf...what life threatening injuries! And the die hards fans are nothing more then a bunch of stat mongering traditionalists.

Tiger Woods.... LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL play a real sport you pansy. All golf courses should be turned into parks, where families can play, or animal reserves. High class, polo wearing, 9am tee time stuck up phonies.

These clowns don't get it, because they lack any REAL athletic ability, they can't skate and that means they can't play a REAL sport.

Other then hockey, soccer and tennis are real sports that require this thing called athletic ability.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 10:19 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
hahah oh thats just halarious.

Too bad for these ****ers hockey requires the most athletic skill of any sport in the world.

American Football is a joke sideshow sport with gangster thugs, useless female reporters on the field with incredible insight such as: "its clear they need to score more points to win, Bob, back to you". 5000 pound fat ***** who die of exhaustion in training camp can play in that "sport" and when they aren't dancing on the field of play like a bunch of classless clowns, they're shooting each other in night clubs or murdering dogs in dog fighting rings. They're so tough, let's see them play more then one game per week. ****ing pansies. Football is for guys who are too ***** to play rugby.

Basketball is even more of a joke. A bunch of 15 year old billionaires running around with gang signs and "bling" around their necks, shorts that are 50 sizes too big, that cry when they get a slap on the hand.

Don't even get me started on baseball, the whole league is a bunch of cheating babies that miss a season due to a blister on their finger or a twinge in their calf...what life threatening injuries! And the die hards fans are nothing more then a bunch of stat mongering traditionalists.

Tiger Woods.... LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL play a real sport you pansy. All golf courses should be turned into parks, where families can play, or animal reserves. High class, polo wearing, 9am tee time stuck up phonies.

These clowns don't get it, because they lack any REAL athletic ability, they can't skate and that means they can't play a REAL sport.

Other then hockey, soccer and tennis are real sports that require this thing called athletic ability.
Way to generalize.

As much as I think hockey & soccer require the most athletic ability, you could be further from the truth about the other sports. Yes the pro leagues are garbage in many respects (the athletes are so full of themselves and they've become a gamble fest), but football requires a lot of athletic ability and the chances of getting injured are much greater than any other sport. Basketball requires a whole lot of athleticism. Go out and play basketball for an hour and see how you feel afterwards.

Baseball is the ultimate lazy sport, but I still have tons of respect for the pitchers, they have a very tough job. Baseball still requires a lot of hand-eye coordination and strength to play.

Golf used to be an old man's sport, but Tiger changed the game, he showed that you must be an athlete to play golf. Tiger is one great athlete, he deserves the respect he gets.

You go and talk about how the players are thugs and cheaters. That's such a small percentage of these players that the media makes a huge deal about. How about the rest of the guys (the vast majority) that you never hear a peep about who are honest hardworking players? I guess they're thugs and cheaters too.

Anyway, take a pro from any of those sports and they're probably one hundred times the athlete than any of us. There's no reason to act like a child because your favorite sport got made fun of. For any player to make it pro they have to be a great athlete. Whether or not you like a sport doesn't mean you should put it down as a sport that isn't a "real" sport. You sound like a child in your post.

Last edited by WhipNash27: 06-14-2008 at 10:25 AM.
Old
06-14-2008, 10:31 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
Way to generalize.

As much as I think hockey & soccer require the most athletic ability, you could be further from the truth about the other sports. Yes the pro leagues are garbage in many respects (the athletes are so full of themselves and they've become a gamble fest), but football requires a lot of athletic ability and the chances of getting injured are much greater than any other sport. Basketball requires a whole lot of athleticism. Go out and play basketball for an hour and see how you feel afterwards.

Baseball is the ultimate lazy sport, but I still have tons of respect for the pitchers, they have a very tough job. Baseball still requires a lot of hand-eye coordination and strength to play.

Golf used to be an old man's sport, but Tiger changed the game, he showed that you must be an athlete to play golf. Tiger is one great athlete, he deserves the respect he gets.

Anyway, take a pro from any of those sports and they're probably one hundred times the athlete than any of us. There's no reason to act like a child because your favorite sport got made fun of.
I'm not acting like a child for calling out their crap sports the way they did mine.

I have played basketball. Running back and forth dribbling a ball is not much of a challenge. I respect players like Jordan. I don't however, respect these young gangster mentality players, theyre above the coach, above the game, above the refs...

Football requires athleticism depending on the position. Running back? Yes. QB? Yes. Kicker? yes. Fat linesman? No. And still that doesn't mean they're not all clowns that pull ridiculous antics both on the field and off.

Tiger Woods USED to be a golf player. Now he has decided to be loud mouth when interviewed. He trashed hockey in a recent interview, i find it funny however, considering he does nothing but swat at a ball and then take a cart to it while his bag boy carries all his crap.

I have more respect for hockey players then any other pro athletes in the world. The most humble, least paid, play through serious injury and at a high level.

I find race horses as more of an athlete then some of these "professionals"

Swimmers, skiers, snowboarders, gymnasts, figure skaters, ect... all real athletes.

Golf? seriously.

Old
06-14-2008, 10:38 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
I'm not acting like a child for calling out their crap sports the way they did mine.

I have played basketball. Running back and forth dribbling a ball is not much of a challenge. I respect players like Jordan. I don't however, respect these young gangster mentality players, theyre above the coach, above the game, above the refs...

Football requires athleticism depending on the position. Running back? Yes. QB? Yes. Kicker? yes. Fat linesman? No. And still that doesn't mean they're not all clowns that pull ridiculous antics both on the field and off.

Tiger Woods USED to be a golf player. Now he has decided to be loud mouth when interviewed. He trashed hockey in a recent interview, i find it funny however, considering he does nothing but swat at a ball and then take a cart to it while his bag boy carries all his crap.

I have more respect for hockey players then any other pro athletes in the world. The most humble, least paid, play through serious injury and at a high level.

I find race horses as more of an athlete then some of these "professionals"

Swimmers, skiers, snowboarders, gymnasts, figure skaters, ect... all real athletes.

Golf? seriously.
That's the culture of the game and the culture of today's society. It has nothing to do with the sport itself, it's the talent that's being brought in.

Actually linemen have one of the toughest jobs in football if not the toughest. My friend played lineman in high school and he told me how ridiculous it is. Trying to prevent someone who is running at you full speed from getting behind you doesn't require athleticism? Yes, they aren't in shape in that if they ran across the field they almost collapse, but it doesn't mean the position doesn't require athleticism.

Yeah Tiger said, Who watches hockey. Big deal? That's trashing the sport? If it makes you feel better he did mostly take back the comment. He's a golfer and he's amazing at what he does. He'll destroy anyone in the world at golf, I think that qualifies him as an athlete since hitting the ball as well as he does requires athleticism and skill.

As I said I do agree that hockey requires more athleticism than any other sport, but that still doesn't mean that the other sports require that much less.

I respect all professional athletes as the common person cannot get close to what they accomplish in terms of athleticism for their game. I do not respect the professionals who take a privilege of playing a game for a living for granted. Who act like they are on top of the world because of where they are. If these guys weren't playing most probably wouldn't be making 1% of what they do. That's our world today though. A world where everyone thinks they are better than the next guy and they don't care if they stomp all over everyone to prove that they are better. Forget helping your fellow man and being humble for what you have.

Old
06-14-2008, 10:43 AM
John Torturella

"In other news, Police want to pull out of Detroit, Michigan by the year 2012."

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 10:51 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
That's the culture of the game and the culture of today's society. It has nothing to do with the sport itself, it's the talent that's being brought in.

Actually linemen have one of the toughest jobs in football if not the toughest. My friend played lineman in high school and he told me how ridiculous it is. Trying to prevent someone who is running at you full speed from getting behind you doesn't require athleticism? Yes, they aren't in shape in that if they ran across the field they almost collapse, but it doesn't mean the position doesn't require athleticism.

Yeah Tiger said, Who watches hockey. Big deal? That's trashing the sport? If it makes you feel better he did mostly take back the comment. He's a golfer and he's amazing at what he does. He'll destroy anyone in the world at golf, I think that qualifies him as an athlete since hitting the ball as well as he does requires athleticism and skill.

As I said I do agree that hockey requires more athleticism than any other sport, but that still doesn't mean that the other sports require that much less.

I respect all professional athletes as the common person cannot get close to what they accomplish in terms of athleticism for their game. I do not respect the professionals who take a privilege of playing a game for a living for granted. Who act like they are on top of the world because of where they are. If these guys weren't playing most probably wouldn't be making 1% of what they do. That's our world today though. A world where everyone thinks they are better than the next guy and they don't care if they stomp all over everyone to prove that they are better. Forget helping your fellow man and being humble for what you have.
Fair enough.

I still have more respect for pretty much every other sport in the word other then the 3 big American sports (Baseball, Football, Basketball). Only when the players representing the game respect their game, can other people respect them and their game.

And btw, this coming from a fan of baseball (Mets) that has been absolutely turned off by the baggage.

Old
06-14-2008, 10:53 AM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
woooohoooo, my dolphins might be competitive this year!!!!!

gotta love the bit at the end about giving the trained athletes a run...lmao, there is no such thing as bad publicity!!!

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 01:34 PM
dino26

Haha that was funny , new something was dodgy about it cause the site was called the onion

dino26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 07:04 PM
DonCherrysSuit
Powerplay Pass Party

I thought the Ovechkin video was pretty funny when I saw it.

But the best Onion video, IMHO, has to be "Multiple Stab Wounds May Be Harmful To Monkeys":
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cQ7J7UjsRqg

DonCherrysSuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 07:27 PM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
if you can't see the humor in this, you have no sense of humor. rather than making fun of hockey, I see them satirizing the unpopularity of hockey, which is much different. don't be so damn sensitive...

RangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 07:53 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

I have a sense of humor, when things are funny.