HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Arbitrator: Rangers must pay Holik, Ortmeyer

Old
05-28-2008, 05:23 PM
pmorris

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
Oh no! Now Dolan only has 3583243348638469943 dollars! How is he possibly going to be able to feed his family! Poor guy

Poor Jim Dolan; he really got ripped off when God was handing out competence to people before he put them on this earth. Either that or Charles hit him with the dumbass stick one too many times.

Seriously, though, we're like the frieking Knicks who will still be paying off Allan Houston for all of eternity. It's embarrassing when your favorite team has an owner who royally screws up everything from the books to the harassment lawsuits to the part about putting a winning or at least somewhat respectable team in the Garden every night. Thank God Sather has been able to atone for the mistakes he made earlier in his tenure here. If we won 10 games this year, dumbass Dolan would still let Sather keep his job because Jimmy couldn't tell you the difference between the letters W and L.

pmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 05:27 PM
pmorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
My brother in Atlanta says he's the biggest waste of a player on their roster. Supposedly the team captain, he takes BAD penalties and at BAD times like you know when you're down 1 goal and there is 1 minute left in the game. Or when you are holding onto a 1 goal lead or it's a tie game and then BAM! Holik strikes. Apparently he has also missed his share of gimmes and easy goals. Fans are tired and fed up with him. Granted he's playing on Atlanta and could pull himself together on a better team but that boat has sailed and gone. Had we only used Holik as a 3rd liner back then... BIG pass for me.

Hey, he would fit in perfectly w/ Hollweg.

pmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 06:05 PM
JTG

Holik played for the Rangers...?

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 06:31 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I'd take Holik back on the Rangers in a heartbeat.

You have been saying that alot lately, let it go, that being said i'm glad Orts got his money, & I would take him back on the Rangers in a heartbeat too.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 06:43 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
You have been saying that alot lately, let it go, that being said i'm glad Orts got his money, & I would take him back on the Rangers in a heartbeat too.
What good would Ortmeyer do on the Rangers next season? The only drawback on him leaving was that we thought the PK would suffer as a result but the Rangers till managed the best PK % in the East good for 6th best in the league.

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 07:03 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Where would we play Holik? I think center is the only position (besides goalie obviously) that doesn't need any tweaking. I'm perfectly happy with the centers we have. If we're gonna spend money on offense, I'd look at wingers first.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 07:59 PM
tlallstar6

vCash: 1312
Send a message via AIM to tlallstar6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
The NHL has already ruled this will not count against the salary cap, so it's just cash money.
sweet, no worries then.

tlallstar6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 08:04 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plato View Post
What good would Ortmeyer do on the Rangers next season? The only drawback on him leaving was that we thought the PK would suffer as a result but the Rangers till managed the best PK % in the East good for 6th best in the league.
Orts was our emotional leader. Rather have him than Hoillweg, which is a total role reversal from my position last year.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 11:57 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Completely akin to my though process. Thanks.

Where would you rate Chris Drury if he was in this summers UFA crop of forwards?
Top 5.....but he was never a Devil and didn't already have a stint, and suck as a Ranger. And sorry, I'm not buying the "he wasn't used properly, arguement".

again, Holik can rot with it.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2008, 12:11 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

If it doesnt count against the cap...then i could care less.

Give them the money.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2008, 08:43 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
Top 5.....but he was never a Devil and didn't already have a stint, and suck as a Ranger. And sorry, I'm not buying the "he wasn't used properly, arguement".

I'm not sure what you're trying to say in the first two lines of your response.

I'm not saying that bringing Holik back is my first choice. But I do think it's an intriguing outside-the-box solution for a few reasons:

1) If Drury would be one of the top 5 forwards in this UFA group why overpay for someone who might be lower than that when you can move Drury to the wing? Holik would come cheaper than the Ryders, Rolstons and certainly Hossas.

2) You actually add a better faceoff guy on the third line.

3) You add much needed grit to the forwards.

4) You have a guy you can put up against Crosby, Malkin, Richards, Spezza, Carter, etc. Something the Rangers showed they really needed and did not have in the Pittsburgh series.

5) If the priority is to find someone to play with Gomez (and it should be) I don't see the reason to take a chance on a UFA when you already have a guy here who has played with Gomez on the PP and might be the best option available.

And you can scoff at the notion that Holik was not uses properly but that is just letting your hate get in the way of seeing that that was indeed the case. He is not, nor was he ever, a top line center. But he was used as such. He should never have been used as a center for Eric Lindros. And he probably was not the player the Rangers needed, could really have used, or should have signed at that point in time where the team was. He needs to be on a good team, where is used against other team's top lines on a team with good depth, that is a winning team. A team much more like the Rangers are now then they ever were when he was here previously. Add in Renney's system and I think he would be a huge addition to this team especially in the playoffs.

Again, I'm not saying it's the best way to go at it this offsesason, but I do think it's not a bad off the board thought.

05-29-2008, 11:49 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

If all our opponents had Petr Nedved clones playing center, I'd want Holik on the Rangers.

klingsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 10:47 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:

I'm not saying that bringing Holik back is my first choice. But I do think it's an intriguing outside-the-box solution for a few reasons:

1) If Drury would be one of the top 5 forwards in this UFA group why overpay for someone who might be lower than that when you can move Drury to the wing? Holik would come cheaper than the Ryders, Rolstons and certainly Hossas.

4) You have a guy you can put up against Crosby, Malkin, Richards, Spezza, Carter, etc. Something the Rangers showed they really needed and did not have in the Pittsburgh series.

5) If the priority is to find someone to play with Gomez (and it should be) I don't see the reason to take a chance on a UFA when you already have a guy here who has played with Gomez on the PP and might be the best option available.

And you can scoff at the notion that Holik was not uses properly but that is just letting your hate get in the way of seeing that that was indeed the case. He is not, nor was he ever, a top line center. But he was used as such. He should never have been used as a center for Eric Lindros. And he probably was not the player the Rangers needed, could really have used, or should have signed at that point in time where the team was. He needs to be on a good team, where is used against other team's top lines on a team with good depth, that is a winning team. A team much more like the Rangers are now then they ever were when he was here previously. Add in Renney's system and I think he would be a huge addition to this team especially in the playoffs.

Again, I'm not saying it's the best way to go at it this offsesason, but I do think it's not a bad off the board thought.
If Bobby Holik is willing to sign a one year contract he might make a lot of sense as the teams 3rd line center....Assuming Drury switches to wing with Gomez...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 11:42 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:

When you put it like that, I actually would not mind despite what I said 2 seconds ago in another thread

Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2008, 01:23 AM
Pogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
Holik played for the Rangers...?
No but he was on the team...

Pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2008, 04:12 AM
mike14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post

Take it you weren't a fan of Jagr this season then???

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote