HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

OT: For the Crosby haters......

Old
06-15-2008, 09:45 AM
CostaTheCrazyGreek

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CostaTheCrazyGreek Send a message via Yahoo to CostaTheCrazyGreek
OT: For the Crosby haters......

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06152008...521.htm?page=0

CostaTheCrazyGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2008, 09:59 AM
Smashley

If the coaches/players can't call it out without getting fined, atleast these guys can. Doesn't mean it will get noticed.

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2008, 10:16 AM
TrueBlueNorwegian

I dont know about u guys, but i hate the Pens and Cindy Crosby a lot more than i hate the Flyers, Devils and Isles. And after seeing all the calls that went Cindy's and Pens' way, that only made my hate stronger.

TrueBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2008, 10:22 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Good for someone to point it out but it still needs a lot more attention than just Brooks

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2008, 10:26 AM
ThirdEye

Hah, good luck with that one!

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2008, 10:29 AM
Turambar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlueNorwegian View Post
I dont know about u guys, but i hate the Pens and Cindy Crosby a lot more than i hate the Flyers, Devils and Isles. And after seeing all the calls that went Cindy's and Pens' way, that only made my hate stronger.
I've come to feel the same way, but more because of the fans than the team itself. The Pens fans are the most arrogant and disrespectful I've ever encountered in my life. They're so "holier than thou", they actually think their team is on par with some of the great dynasties of all time, the Oilers of the 80's for example.

As if there's any skill involved in drafting two players at #1 overall and two more at #2 overall. It's not too difficult to have such a team after a decade of total suck.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2008, 10:34 AM
flyersfan97

Brooks's article was an excellent read, very accurate. However, don't look for changes any time soon. Bettman's NBA gave Jordan, and the Bulls, every call imaginable throughout his playing career; and now, Bettman's NHL will do the same for Syd and the Pens.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2008, 10:36 AM
beastly115

If you guys hate Crosby, you'll absolutely love my new video of some of Cindy's most memorable playoff moments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rthmltO9gqs

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2008, 10:36 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

The sentence that sticks out to me in that article is the part about the Caps low balling Mike Green

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2008, 10:53 AM
sickboy35

no metion of the blantent dive he did in game one too? hate the effin team with a passion!

sickboy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2008, 10:54 AM
Smashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
The sentence that sticks out to me in that article is the part about the Caps low balling Mike Green
My thoughts exactly.

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2008, 11:21 AM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
It's a great article, and Brooks did a good job of covering for himself. I'm a little disheartened that he's calling for Bettman to fix, as though he didn't notice. This is a fairly transparent conspiracy... Crosby and Malkin are the best NHL fund-raiser since Lemieux and Jagr (AND Staal will hit stride soon, AND Espo is on the way, AND Letang, AND Gonchar, AND Whitney, AND Fleury >>> Barrasso). And I don't care if the officials have their own union, they work for BETTMAN, a businessman whose marketing savvy is far superior to his knowledge of the sport. Seems like the plan was for the Pens to win the cup. Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen, Lidstrom and Osgood were supernatural.

Would the Penguins made the finals without help? Maybe, maybe not. How do we know? One good thing is that you've got tandems like Toews/Kane, Backstrom/Ovechkin, Kopitar/Frolov that are going to explode soon enough. Then there are guys like Lecavalier/St. Louis, Briere/Gagne, Spezza/Heatley who lost steam or were overshadowed last season. Even Richards/Morrow.

Malkin and Crosby will not be the NHL for long.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2008, 11:27 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
My thoughts exactly.
1. The Caps would probably match any contract..

2. The Caps would probably take Green to arbitration if it looks like he won't sign..

3. Mike Green isn't coming here next season..

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2008, 11:32 AM
DTownWingsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
If you guys hate Crosby, you'll absolutely love my new video of some of Cindy's most memorable playoff moments.

Nice video. I loved watching Stuart plaster Crybaby after he fell.

DTownWingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2008, 11:43 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:

Great video, loved it.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2008, 11:52 AM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
AND Espo is on the way
On the way to Atlanta.

Zen Arcade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2008, 12:01 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
It's a great article, and Brooks did a good job of covering for himself. I'm a little disheartened that he's calling for Bettman to fix, as though he didn't notice. This is a fairly transparent conspiracy... Crosby and Malkin are the best NHL fund-raiser since Lemieux and Jagr (AND Staal will hit stride soon, AND Espo is on the way, AND Letang, AND Gonchar, AND Whitney, AND Fleury >>> Barrasso). And I don't care if the officials have their own union, they work for BETTMAN, a businessman whose marketing savvy is far superior to his knowledge of the sport. Seems like the plan was for the Pens to win the cup. Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen, Lidstrom and Osgood were supernatural.

Would the Penguins made the finals without help? Maybe, maybe not. How do we know? One good thing is that you've got tandems like Toews/Kane, Backstrom/Ovechkin, Kopitar/Frolov that are going to explode soon enough. Then there are guys like Lecavalier/St. Louis, Briere/Gagne, Spezza/Heatley who lost steam or were overshadowed last season. Even Richards/Morrow.

Malkin and Crosby will not be the NHL for long.
The two ways I'd fix the officiating is...

1. Hire European Referees and linesman and integrate them in to the league. With the Referees being watered down since the 2 Ref system was put into place this would help with the obvious manpower problems.

2. Have each game reviewed and Officials scored on a point system. The 10 or 15 lowest scoring Referees are fired or sent down to the AHL at the end of the season. I'd also give Referees a set number of allowed missed calls during the season. If they go over that number at any point during the season the official will be sent down to the AHL..

If a player is playing bad they are let go or sent down. The league should treat the officials like teams treat players..

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2008, 12:04 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:

Does that include him leading the playoffs in scoring with Zetterberg?

Vic Rattlehead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Tim*

Send a message via AIM to Tim*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Rattlehead View Post
Does that include him leading the playoffs in scoring with Zetterberg?
Does it include him losing in the Stanley Cup Final?

Tim* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2008, 12:18 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Does it include him losing in the Stanley Cup Final?
And 28 other teams in the league did so much better?
Look, I know the kid is not a fan favourite for a lot of people, but he's easily one the best players in the league, and he's only 20 years old. He gets way too much flack.

Vic Rattlehead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2008, 12:19 PM
fizban

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrJeff View Post
I've come to feel the same way, but more because of the fans than the team itself. The Pens fans are the most arrogant and disrespectful I've ever encountered in my life. They're so "holier than thou", they actually think their team is on par with some of the great dynasties of all time, the Oilers of the 80's for example.
You've pulled that one straight from your rear. I don't think I've seen a single fan that has compared the Penguins at any point in history to the dynasty of the Oilers.
Quote:
As if there's any skill involved in drafting two players at #1 overall and two more at #2 overall. It's not too difficult to have such a team after a decade of total suck.
Nobody ever claimed otherwise. I don't think you quite understand the situation though. Any team can be a bottom dweller for 5 consecutive seasons. Are you willing to let your team be the laughing stock of the league for 5 years? Besides, the Penguins didn't tank in an effort to get high picks. They tanked because they were facing bankruptcy yet again and couldn't afford their players. The new CBA made it possible for the Pens to succeed again. I don't think there is a Pens fan out there that thinks it was excellent management that brought in guys like Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, Whitney and Staal. We all realize that this was a result of terrible management and a really bad financial situation.

Some people in large markets like to criticize the CBA because it limits their spending. I have some comments to that end. It does not limit the amount of money spent on in house consultants. It does not limit how much is spent on player development. It does not limit the number of scouts a team may have and it doesn't limit how much they get paid. Because of all of that, even a small market team that spends to the cap, still has an overall disadvantage because they can't spend nearly as much in these other areas. I know that's kind of off topic, but I thought it should be said.

Edit: I also don't get the "disrespectful" thing. How have the Pittsburgh fans been disrespectful to your fans or to your players? If anything, I think the "Cindy" and "diver" business is far more disrespectful than anything I can recall large masses of Pens fans saying to any Rangers fans. I respect your team, could you show some for ours?

Last edited by fizban: 06-15-2008 at 12:28 PM.
fizban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2008, 12:28 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
On the way to Atlanta.
Oops, forgot.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

i love watching sidney crosby play. and by play i mean actually play. when hes out there, and isnt diving, or whining, hes a joy to watch, even moreso than AO imho. however his diving and whining is what makes AO the more marketable player, again imho. nobody wants to watch a little crybaby get his way. people want to see the kid with a joy for the game who isnt looking to draw a penalty by flopping around every 5 seconds.

hes making the game look like soccer, and thats one thing i absolutely hate about him.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2008, 12:33 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Crosby and Malkin are the best NHL fund-raiser since Lemieux and Jagr . AND Staal will hit stride soon, AND Espo is on the way, AND Letang, AND Gonchar, AND Whitney, AND Fleury >>> Barrasso). And I don't care if the officials have their own union, they work for BETTMAN, a businessman whose marketing savvy is far superior to his knowledge of the sport. Seems like the plan was for the Pens to win the cup. Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen, Lidstrom and Osgood were supernatural.
I think we were all disappointed with Malkin in the Finals. He was pretty awful. Surprisingly so, but when the games counted the most. He was actually not just ineffective , he looked bad.

And the Pens traded Esposito to rent Hossa.

Give Shero credit for having big gonads but if Hossa doesnt sign that trade is going to sting

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2008, 12:38 PM
EventHorizon
Bring Back Ties!

Does Crosby dive? Of course he does. I'd prefer if he did it a little less, but all the greats have done it. And great players get the benefit of the doubt from officials. It's a smart move if it works and he does it well. Deal with it.

EventHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote