HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Omsk GM off to Prague

Old
06-16-2008, 05:20 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
Omsk GM off to Prague

I have just read in the czech hokej pages that Bardin is off to Prague to submit an upgraded offer (after getting the ok from the Omsk region governor - no less).
This does not bode well. The russians are intensifying pressure on jagr. Stay strong Jaro!

Last edited by Sad London Ranger: 06-16-2008 at 05:45 AM.
Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2008, 08:39 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy London Ranger View Post
I have just read in the czech hokej pages that Bardin is off to Prague to submit an upgraded offer (after getting the ok from the Omsk region governor - no less).
This does not bode well. The russians are intensifying pressure on jagr. Stay strong Jaro!
I say do what you gotta do Jags, if Sather is unwilling to commit to him then he needs to do something. Sather hasn't been in contact with him for what now like over a month?

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2008, 09:51 AM
geisenNYR

I think that if the Rangers want Jagr he will sign with the Rangers. Jaromir wants to play for the Rangers, and I think he believes this team can win a cup. If the Rangers offer Jagr a base salary of 5-6 mil and make it very incentive laden, he will stay on Broadway.

geisenNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2008, 10:02 AM
lundy

I'm not going to cry if Jagr goes to Omsk. Love the guy, can dominate at times still, but the money might be better spent elsewhere.

lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2008, 10:13 AM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
People are now going to say the offer is up to $16 million/year, and some will believe it.

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2008, 10:39 AM
NYR Viper

i dont want to pay him any more than 6.5 million....including bonuses...if not, then goodbye

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2008, 11:17 AM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Yeah, OK.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2008, 11:19 AM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 View Post
People are now going to say the offer is up to $16 million/year, and some will believe it.
Yeah, alright. I'll believe it when I see it from a credible source. Although I do have the sinking feeling that I'll be eating a big piece of crow pie pretty soon.

I Eat Crow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2008, 11:28 AM
FLYLine24*

Sather is too busy signing fringe NHLers to worry about Jagr and Avery.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2008, 12:26 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Sather is too busy signing fringe NHLers to worry about Jagr and Avery.
Jagr hasn't decided what he's doing yet and Avery wants more money than any one team could afford to give him without killing themselves.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2008, 12:58 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Dont some of the Euro leagues start in Summer? Likely why Sathers focusing some time on mysterious Euros. There is also the draft this Friday. It could be a time to trade up/down, who knows what deals are going down.

As for Jagr. He knows the NHL is where the big boys play. He leaves now and he's done in the NHL. I seriously doubt he thinks hes done in the NHL and he most def wants to stay a Ranger and retire from the league he spent his whole career to date, without a whole fanbase booing him. Like Pitts and DC.

Plus the Rangers earned some great experience last season. Many pluses on the Rangers. No reason for them not to be a contender next season with a few moves.

5 MILL + INCENTIVES keeps JJ in the USA

06-16-2008, 05:03 PM
Vitto79

If their were better FA options out there I would say let Jags go BUT their simply is'nt SO I am totally fine with one more year and I think it is a given it will get done.

Jags will likely get a 5 million base against the cap and TONS of incentives they can get in that do not count on the cap because of his age, alla Shanny

besides that though I would like to see Avery back and the rest seeeee ya!!!!........let some more young players get time and go for some FA on D

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2008, 05:08 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
If their were better FA options out there I would say let Jags go BUT their simply is'nt SO I am totally fine with one more year and I think it is a given it will get done.

Jags will likely get a 5 million base against the cap and TONS of incentives they can get in that do not count on the cap because of his age, alla Shanny

besides that though I would like to see Avery back and the rest seeeee ya!!!!........let some more young players get time and go for some FA on D
i would rather pass on jagr and let some younger players play and workj on the speed and grit of the team overall.....i would work on the defense and hope it helps the forwards and if not, it wouldnt just be another year of treading water, the rangers as an organization would take a step forward....IMO even adding jagr and redden/campbell the team wouldnt be able to beat a team like montreal or pittsburg without some added help, so i would rather see what the younger kids can do and go in that direction(kind of like philly)

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2008, 11:04 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Jagr could have a big season next year. He obviously has it in him. He was Jagr in the playoffs. If they can sign him to a short agreeable contract you have to do it for several reasons.

Hes easily the most potent weapon the Rangers have.

He was good for Dubinsky and his confidence/ development imo. Id like to see those two play another season.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 03:48 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
Dont some of the Euro leagues start in Summer? Likely why Sathers focusing some time on mysterious Euros. There is also the draft this Friday. It could be a time to trade up/down, who knows what deals are going down.

As for Jagr. He knows the NHL is where the big boys play. He leaves now and he's done in the NHL. I seriously doubt he thinks hes done in the NHL and he most def wants to stay a Ranger and retire from the league he spent his whole career to date, without a whole fanbase booing him. Like Pitts and DC.

Plus the Rangers earned some great experience last season. Many pluses on the Rangers. No reason for them not to be a contender next season with a few moves.

5 MILL + INCENTIVES keeps JJ in the USA
I agree - Jagr wants the limelights -
In his mind there must be major torment:

Broadway vs Omsk
shopping at Barneys vs shopping @ Kiosk -
dinning @ Ciprianis vs eating borsht at the community food hall
Champagne Life style vs vodka lifestyle -
playing golf vs going carp fishing
living on upper east side vs living in a dacha
6 million vs 16 million
flying to play in LA - flying to play in Sverdlovsk -50
driving to play in NJ - flying to play in Salavat - 50
off to Boston - flying to play in Ufa -50
off to Miami - flying to play in Kazan - 50
off to play DC - flying to play to Gorki - 50
off to play @Forum - flying to play in Moscow - 30
scoot over to Ottawa - flying to play in togliatti - 40
6 million vs 16 million
walk to play @ garden tonight - flying to Novokuznetsk -50
tonight dinner at nobu - pirogy in Nizhny Novgorod
go see spamalot on Bway - watching the euro song contest
6 million - 16 million

I think he will stay!

Old
06-17-2008, 08:14 AM
squishy

Not sure who Bardin will be meeting with, but it won't be Jagr, who's just returned to NY from Mexico and has no immediate plans to jet off to the CR.

Quote:
Alerted by the ever-vigilant Blueshirt Bulletin website to a note on the Omsk-Avangard team site announcing that GM Anatoly Bardin was on his way to the Czech Republic to negotiate with Jagr, I texted the still-Rangers captain. After all, he told me last Thursday that he’d be returning to New York today from another week in Mexico.

“What are you texting me for?” Jagr barked into the phone. “Don’t you know it’s 11 o’clock in the Czech Republic.”

Then Jagr burst into a laugh.

“I’m in New York,” he said, amused. “I just got back from Mexico.”

Jagr also said he’ll be in town for a while and has no immediate plans to race back home to the Czech Republic.

Of course, that hardly answers all the questions. It’s possible that Bardin will meet with Jagr’s European representative. Anything’s possible regarding No. 68, whose status for next season is going from unpredictable to bizarre.
Jagr also reported that he still hasn't been contacted by Sather...

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ran...om-sather.html

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 10:09 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

would the ever vigilant Rangers website be us????
Could Dellapina be referring to my little posting?
Actually I got the news from the Czech hockey pages not from Omsk website...

10:10 - Anatolij Bardin, generální manažer Avangardu Omsk, odletěl dnes z Moskvy do Prahy, aby v nejbližších dnech vedl jednání o případném příchodu Jaromíra Jágra do sibiřského klubu. Bardin se ještě před odjezdem sešel s gubernátorem Omské oblasti Leonidem Poležajevem, společně dohodli postup při jednáních s Jágrem a také podmínky, které českému útočníkovi nabídnou.

Rough translation:

He left today for Prague where he will be having talks in the coming days regarding
the move of JJ to the sibirian club.......
Bardin met with Omsk region gov before departing to agree how to conduct the talks with Jagr and the conditions they will submit to the czech forward....

btw the same czech hockey website (hokej.cz) said Gandler met with Garth Snow to talk about potential
return of Carol Alt...oops Alex Yashin to the Isle.

Last edited by Sad London Ranger: 06-17-2008 at 10:17 AM.
Old
06-17-2008, 01:44 PM
Tuxman

now the russians are reporting that Bardin couldnt find Jagr in czech republic and none of them know where he is. bardin returning to russia empty handed

Tuxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 01:47 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxman View Post
now the russians are reporting that Bardin couldnt find Jagr in czech republic and none of them know where he is. bardin returning to russia empty handed
Are you kidding? That's kind of incredible...you'd think he'd call first or something.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 01:47 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
This is a comedy of errors. I wouldn't be half-surprised if Jagr's team and Slats have been negotiating, and Jagr is pulling everyone's leg by saying "hey, Slats hasn't called me! (but he's talking to my agent, nod nod wink wink)".

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 01:48 PM
Forechecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Are you kidding? That's kind of incredible...you'd think he'd call first or something.
It's lame back-tracking on their part.

Old
06-17-2008, 05:09 PM
Tuxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
read it on the russian hockey website

Tuxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 09:04 PM
squishy

Quote:
Bardin's in Czech Republic, but Jagr's Not There
It has become known by SportStand that an expected meeting between Avangard General Manager Anatoli Bardin and the Rangers best player Jagromir Jagr did not take place. The Omsk representative arrived in Prague from Moscow last night, but Jagr himself is not in the Czech Republic at the moment, and when he will back back in his homeland no one knows right now.
http://www.sportstand.ru/news/divisi...ardin_v_Chexii

Quote:
- I'm already in Prague, but Jaromir hasn't arrived here yet. I expect him any day -- Anatoly Bardin has declared in a conversation with Soviet Sport correspondent Pavel Lysenov.

- What is his contract situation?

- As you know, on June 30th Jagr's contract with the Rangers comes to an end. He is not against staying in the NHL. But until July 1st, while the New Yorkers haven't make an official offer, Jaromir can't come to his decision. Jagr also knows that Avangard very much wants him to return to us -- for this reason I have come to the Czech Republic to once again talk to him.

- They say that you're offering the Czech fantastic money.

It's a lie. We have made a reasonable offer. We don't have money to throw away. It is fantasy that Jagr set before us a condition: They say if he comes to Omsk he can choose for himself any three partners. This "false report" I read one of the newspapers.

- Do you not intend to conduct negotiations with other Czechs in Prague? Is it not possible?

- To us, in Avangard, anything is possible!
http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/295158

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 09:05 PM
Forechecker

Why is everyone so concerned about Jags? How often are these deals done before the draft. I thought most of this stuff gets hashed out in that two week period between the draft and the start of FA.

Old
06-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Not sure who Bardin will be meeting with, but it won't be Jagr, who's just returned to NY from Mexico and has no immediate plans to jet off to the CR.

Jagr also reported that he still hasn't been contacted by Sather...

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ran...om-sather.html
This is why I think this KHL thing is going to be a complete farce...

Btw if the KHL wanted superstarrs why isn't Hossa or any of the other big name free agents being offered contracts? It's the Jason Krogs of the world that are about to get rich in the new/old Russian Hockey league...

The Red Scare tactics of this league are complete BS to me...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote