HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Green looking for an offer sheet: Whats he worth to NYR

Old
06-16-2008, 12:37 PM
otto1219

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
No player, NONE is worth 4 first round draft picks.

I'd throw an offer of 5,231,245 at him, but nothing more.
i really agree with this, no sarcasm, even guys like ovechkin and crosby, they are only one great player. Even with terrible drafting over the last decade, our first round picks of montoya, staal, sangs and cherry could have (without lundqvist) made a great team. think of if pittsburg gave up four first round picks, staal, crosby, fleury, malkin, etc.....

otto1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2008, 05:13 PM
KenAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
This is probably a lot of posturing by Green and his agent to drive up the price for Washington. The organization is on the upswing, they made it back into the playoffs, they have a fantastic fan-base and some of the best young players in the NHL. I can't see Green moving out of a situation like that. I'd expect the Caps to match anything below the 4 first rounder mark before they even hesitated.
I don't see the Caps matching anything beyond $5,231,245. More than that yields two 1sts, a 2nd, and a 3rd.

The Caps have two seasons left on the deals for Semin and Backstrom, and three seasons on Nylander's NMC contract. If they sign Green to a big contract now, they could be in real trouble if the cap doesn't rise significantly in the next two years.

The ideal contract for Green, from the Caps perspective, would be a three year deal worth about $12 million ($4m/yr), which would make Green a RFA after the 2010/2011 season, at which time they could would either receive compensation or match an offer, depending on his value to the team and the salary cap. I'm sure the Caps GM is hoping (praying) that no team offers Green a 5yr/$26m contract, because then they would loose not only his RFA status in three years, but they would be hard pressed to resign both Backstrom and Semin when they become RFAs in two years, with Nylander still on the payroll with a no movement clause.

KenAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2008, 05:35 PM
ObnoxiousPensFan*

Send a message via AIM to ObnoxiousPensFan*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
Ryan Suter only got 3.5 million with his new contract, maybe Green is just looking for too much but i would rather keep the picks considering next year is going to be a very good draft as well.
you av is goldness

ObnoxiousPensFan* is offline   Reply With Quote