HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Really OT - Ice Cream Trucks (new song?!?!)

Old
06-14-2008, 01:20 PM
Heat McManus

vCash: 500
Really OT - Ice Cream Trucks (new song?!?!)

The Ice Cream truck is the bane of my summer existence. I have nothing against bringing joy to children of all ages, or cooling down in the summer heat and I'm a big fan of ice cream, but the song will drive me to murder one of these days.

I live in Brooklyn and they drive around from around 10am - 11:30pm (in my neighborhood many of them might also be selling other things).

Imagine my surprise when I heard an ice cream truck with A DIFFERENT SONG!! A whole different musical set-up as well. It's like the Good Humor Man entered the 21st century (or at least the 1980s and bought himself a Moog synthesizer).

Has anybody else heard non-traditional Ice Cream Truck songs in NYC?

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 01:25 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakar Lajos View Post
The Ice Cream truck is the bane of my summer existence. I have nothing against bringing joy to children of all ages, or cooling down in the summer heat and I'm a big fan of ice cream, but the song will drive me to murder one of these days.

I live in Brooklyn and they drive around from around 10am - 11:30pm (in my neighborhood many of them might also be selling other things).

Imagine my surprise when I heard an ice cream truck with A DIFFERENT SONG!! A whole different musical set-up as well. It's like the Good Humor Man entered the 21st century (or at least the 1980s and bought himself a Moog synthesizer).

Has anybody else heard non-traditional Ice Cream Truck songs in NYC?
lol, i actually noticed the same thing in my development a few weeks ago. i was like, what the hell is that, is that an ice cream truck? when did they change the song?!

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 07:09 PM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
Is this the kind where it has an annoying sounding woman start the song by yelling hello or hey or something like that?

They have those around here and they piss me off to no end.

vladmyir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Heat McManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladmyir111 View Post
Is this the kind where it has an annoying sounding woman start the song by yelling hello or hey or something like that?

They have those around here and they piss me off to no end.
yeah, I've only heard it twice. I'm sure by the end of the summer it's going to be just as annoying as the other ones, but for now it's a welcome change.

Old
06-16-2008, 11:04 AM
ogie

The truck in my neighborhood (staten island) has been mixing it up of late. I think The reason is that there is a Ralph's Ices truck also, and they use to have bells. But now Ralph's uses the traditional ice cream truck music to trick kids into thinking the ice cream truck is coming and then its stupid ralph's ices, or so i assume.

So the ice cream man is changing up to distinguish himself, the truck has tons of different songs and crap they can play. There was one that had ducks quacking and all sorts of sounds.

either way it can get annoying, unless you are wanting of some milk shake deliciousness.

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2008, 11:54 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
We've had the Hellooooo thing in NJ for a while now.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2008, 12:08 PM
rickyrod

I've only heard the common ice cream truck jingle in my neighborhood in Brooklyn. The diesel engine is usually louder than the stupid jingle anyway.

rickyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Heat McManus

The "Helloooo" version was just outside my apartment for the past 15-20 minutes.

I'm at my breaking point already.

Old
06-17-2008, 08:19 AM
ogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakar Lajos View Post
The "Helloooo" version was just outside my apartment for the past 15-20 minutes.

I'm at my breaking point already.
just wait until you have kids, we watched my niece for a few days last summer and everytime the icecream truck went past she ran around like a crackhead yelling "ice cream, ice cream , ice cream". Talk about breaking point, i almost clocked a 3 year old.

Old
06-17-2008, 12:33 PM
Andrea5174

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
The truck in my neighborhood (staten island) has been mixing it up of late. I think The reason is that there is a Ralph's Ices truck also, and they use to have bells. But now Ralph's uses the traditional ice cream truck music to trick kids into thinking the ice cream truck is coming and then its stupid ralph's ices, or so i assume.

Do you mean Ralph's as in
?

If so, you say "stupid Ralph's ices"? Blasphemous!!

I friggin love that place. I wish someone would open one up here in Philly. Everytime I go home to NY I MUST go to Ralph's.

And they have a TRUCK??? OMG I would go broke if it came to my neighborhood.

Andrea5174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 03:08 PM
ogie

i'm not hating on Ralph's Ices, what i am saying is i hear the ice cream truck and say to myself "self i would love a milkshake" then i walk outside and it's Ice's not ice cream.

Old
06-17-2008, 03:37 PM
Andrea5174

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
i'm not hating on Ralph's Ices, what i am saying is i hear the ice cream truck and say to myself "self i would love a milkshake" then i walk outside and it's Ice's not ice cream.
Got ya!!!

Andrea5174 is offline   Reply With Quote