HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pierre Macguire - Habs heavily pursuing a forward in the Western Conference

Old
06-18-2008, 09:27 AM
KBstyle

vCash: 500
Sorry body but Hemsky is RW

KBstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:33 AM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBstyle View Post
Sorry body but Hemsky is RW
yeah i knew one of those two guys wasnt a center...

but regardless, it wasnt specified that it was a center that Gainey was pursuing, so Hemsky could still be that guy...

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:33 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Can't you people read? The poster said McGuire said the ASKING PRICE for a top 5 pick is Komisarek. Not that the Habs are dangling him.

And it wouldn't be a draft year without some ''Habs want to trade up into the round 1'' talk...happens every year before the draft...and it never ends up happening in the end.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:35 AM
emb24*

maguire can say whatever the hell he wants about the asking price - but gainey isn't perpetually rebuilding and is not going to trade one of the habs building blocks of the next decade for a pick that 'might' be great.

while maguire says this, every media outlet in montreal has reported that gainey will open contract talks with komo once that period begins - july 1st.

the guy's not going anywhere

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:36 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Trading Komisarek really doesn't make any sense and I'd assume Gainey feels that way. It does scare me a little that he is a UFA after next season but I really want Gainey to lock him up long term (6-7 years). IMO Komisarek is our future captain once Saku retires.

As for Western Conference forwards...Gaborik is definitely #1 on my list but he would be very expensive in a trade (and rightfully so).
Sometime, things just make sense. In thus case, what you said did make sense.
I'm gonna add that I get the feeling Komi likes it in Montreal. It's not far from home and in the summer thats bonusIMO
I like everything about komi and he would leave a void on our D. for those who have O'byrne well he is nowhere neer but could fill in a few years on the ice but off, Komi is just superior and will remain.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:37 AM
Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrock76 View Post
As well Pierre claims that Montreal is heavily pursuing a forward in the Western Conference but he cant say who it is due a confidentiality agreement he has with his source.
To Montreal: Jeff Cown
To Vancouver: 5th rnd pick

Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:38 AM
habsrock76

I'd trade Komisarek to get Doughty or Bogosian, with hope that O'Byrne can step up and fill Komi's role on the team.

habsrock76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:40 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Can't you people read? The poster said McGuire said the ASKING PRICE for a top 5 pick is Komisarek. Not that the Habs are dangling him.

And it wouldn't be a draft year without some ''Habs want to trade up into the round 1'' talk...happens every year before the draft...and it never ends up happening in the end.
Uh...perhaps a switch to decaf for this week?

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:42 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
I'd trade Komisarek to get Doughty or Bogosian, with hope that O'Byrne can step up and fill Komi's role on the team.
Thankfully you are not the GM. What people need to understand is that the Habs are done with rebuliding. We are coming off a season where we finished first in the Eastern Conference and next year the expectations should be a Stanley Cup. So with that in mind Gainey is going to go out and add pieces to a Stanley Cup contending team and not take pieces away to build for the future. I know it's been a while since we've been in this position but we are.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:43 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
Uh...perhaps a switch to decaf for this week?
I don't drink coffee.

I am not pissed or anything...I just don't want some sort of ''are we trading Komisarek to get a top 5 pick?'' rumor/movement to suddenly emerge when McGuire clearly stated OTHER TEAMS are asking for Komisarek and not that the Habs are ready to move him for one.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:43 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
maguire can say whatever the hell he wants about the asking price - but gainey isn't perpetually rebuilding and is not going to trade one of the habs building blocks of the next decade for a pick that 'might' be great.

while maguire says this, every media outlet in montreal has reported that gainey will open contract talks with komo once that period begins - july 1st.

the guy's not going anywhere
Maguire is just repeating what his sources have told him. He's not saying that Montreal should trade Komi for a top 5 pick. He's saying that this is what other teams want from Gainey, not what Gainey is willing to give up.

Edit: Yeah what Marc said.

- Ken Dryden
Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:44 AM
otto bond

this comment from McGuire is a case of simply putting a bug in someone ear
in this case it's Bob and Bob goes
There are not many scenario where I see Komi leaving. I hope Bob respond with a 10 year deal to Komi for something like 60 millions. just numbers!

Old
06-18-2008, 09:44 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Thankfully you are not the GM. What people need to understand is that the Habs are done with rebuliding. We are coming off a season where we finished first in the Eastern Conference and next year the expectations should be a Stanley Cup. So with that in mind Gainey is going to go out and add pieces to a Stanley Cup contending team and not take pieces away to build for the future. I know it's been a while since we've been in this position but we are.
Nono, hear him out. I'm sure O'Byrne can deliver 3 crushing hits per game, lead the team in blocked shots and shut down the top lines. In his 2nd year.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:45 AM
LilWinger11

Quote:
This year? O'Byrne will be able to take over Komi's place on this team three years from now, if we're lucky. No way does he do that now.

If we trade Komi, we have to get another top-4 D for at least a year or two until O'Byrne or Valentenko is ready to fill that spot.

LilWinger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:47 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
It would take a lot more than hope for this to happen.

Old
06-18-2008, 09:48 AM
Judge Sauer*

Higgins and Komi are not trade bait, but than again, neither is Marleau. the rumours will keep popping up because these are players that other teams would want on their teams. If Higgins was a deal breaker, you sure as **** can believe that Komi for a pick is a deal breaker as well.
I can see the Habs moving up in the draft, but only by 3-4 spots to grap someone while they can.
BTW, Patrick Sharp to the Habs for......

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:49 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
Nono, hear him out. I'm sure O'Byrne can deliver 3 crushing hits per game, lead the team in blocked shots and shut down the top lines. In his 2nd year.

For sure and all Komi was doing before he got hurt was leading the league in hits and blocked shots...that should be easy to replace.

Old
06-18-2008, 09:49 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWinger11 View Post
This year? O'Byrne will be able to take over Komi's place on this team three years from now, if we're lucky. No way does he do that now.

If we trade Komi, we have to get another top-4 D for at least a year or two until O'Byrne or Valentenko is ready to fill that spot.
O'Byrne is not there yet and maybe never will be in Komi's class.

Old
06-18-2008, 09:51 AM
otto bond

I also wanted to add that our D is getting stronger and I would rather hold on to our guys and see in a few years.

Old
06-18-2008, 09:52 AM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Don't worry guys , Bob knows better than to trade Komisarek so it won't happen unless it's for Ovechkin or something.

As for the player the Habs are interested in , i have no idea who it is but Marleau would make some sense. I don't want him as much as i did 2 years ago but if the price is not too high then why not ? Also , McGuire doesn't say if it's a UFA (unlikely) or a player we would have to trade for (most likely) so i'm just hoping that it's a Rolston

And finally , i like hearing that Bob wants to move up in the draft although i have no idea who he's interested in , especially if he wants a top 5 pick. I doubt that it's my man , Beach , though as he probably wouldn't have to move that high to get him.

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:53 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
We hear this every year so I will only let myself be happy when I actually see a player with a Habs jersey on his back.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:53 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
We hear this every year so I will only let myself be happy when I actually see a player with a Habs jersey on his back.
And strangely enough Pierre is the one that keeps telling it to us.

Old
06-18-2008, 09:55 AM
Mats NAslund

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
Higgins + Halak + 2nd for Marleau.

EDIT:
Please God no! Keep Higgins

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:58 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
I don't get caught up in all the rumour crap either. But it's the off-season and nothing else is really happening hockey wise. So why not daydream a little bit on what might happen?

Old
06-18-2008, 10:01 AM
Mats NAslund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Ribeiro?
God no!

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote