HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Pierre Macguire - Habs heavily pursuing a forward in the Western Conference

Old
06-18-2008, 09:01 AM
Doc Hock

vCash: 500
lest we forget.....Tanguay

doc hock

Doc Hock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:02 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrock76 View Post
I'd trade Komisarek to get Doughty or Bogosian, with hope that O'Byrne can step up and fill Komi's role on the team.
That makes sense in terms of value...but not for a team that had the year the Habs did last year. Doughty is advanced but it would still take him at least 2-3 years to make the impact Komi makes now.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:12 AM
superstar436

The forward playing in the Western conference is GABORIK.

Gainey said last year that he is looking for an Impact player. He was going for hossa but failed to get him. Both are RW. Gaborik has 1 year left I think. He said that he would like to play in the east. He is young.

superstar436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:18 AM
habsrock76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Thankfully you are not the GM. What people need to understand is that the Habs are done with rebuliding. We are coming off a season where we finished first in the Eastern Conference and next year the expectations should be a Stanley Cup. So with that in mind Gainey is going to go out and add pieces to a Stanley Cup contending team and not take pieces away to build for the future. I know it's been a while since we've been in this position but we are.
Doughty is the real deal, you just have to watch him play to see how smart a player he is. I'd take hockey intelligence over brawn every time especially when this guy is projected to be a top 5 dman in this league. Doughty wont take 4 years to develop, he can arguably step in immediately onto most NHL teams.

Im not saying O'Byrne will be as good as Komi in his role but i do think that he can play a similar role on the team in the near future.

habsrock76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:22 AM
HabFan1975

Rick Nash people Rick Nash
lets all dream together

HabFan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:24 AM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaydhon View Post
lets all dream together
Lats wouldnt be the only fatty on the team

a brother in arms!

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:27 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaydhon View Post
lets all dream together
If we got his lazy ass on the team I'd be jumping for joy. I love Rick Nash.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:27 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
Lats wouldnt be the only fatty on the team

a brother in arms!
At least Nash can actually score

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:30 AM
GNick42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label View Post
Don't worry guys , Bob knows better than to trade Komisarek so it won't happen unless it's for Ovechkin or something.

As for the player the Habs are interested in , i have no idea who it is but Marleau would make some sense. I don't want him as much as i did 2 years ago but if the price is not too high then why not ? Also , McGuire doesn't say if it's a UFA (unlikely) or a player we would have to trade for (most likely) so i'm just hoping that it's a Rolston

And finally , i like hearing that Bob wants to move up in the draft although i have no idea who he's interested in , especially if he wants a top 5 pick. I doubt that it's my man , Beach , though as he probably wouldn't have to move that high to get him.
This makes the most sense to me...if we could trade for a player before he became UFA and dealt Higgins to move up to get a top 5-7 pick. I hope it is not Beach thou...just hate attitude on this team.

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:30 AM
le_sean

I think it could be Mike Cammalleri. Rumour is they are tring to move him for some help in other positions. They need a tough defenceman and even a goalie ready to take 40 or so games. Halak > Emery and they are rumoured to be going afer Ray. Something like Halak + O'Byrne.

Thing is Cam plays wing now for LA but can fill in at centre because that was his natural position. I think that's key, having a guy like Cam taking over incase Plex or Saku get hurt. I'd have the Kovalev line intact, put Cam with Saku and Gui (for the size) and then a great 3rd line in Higgins, Chips and S Kost.

Remember this is a kid who has speed, fits this team well. He netted 34 goals just two seasons ago and though small he is built like a tank.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:35 AM
Fire Brunet*

Marleau sucks guys, come on, it's certainly not him...

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:38 AM
GNick42

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I think it could be Mike Cammalleri. Rumour is they are tring to move him for some help in other positions. They need a tough defenceman and even a goalie ready to take 40 or so games. Halak > Emery and they are rumoured to be going afer Ray. Something like Halak + O'Byrne.

Thing is Cam plays wing now for LA but can fill in at centre because that was his natural position. I think that's key, having a guy like Cam taking over incase Plex or Saku get hurt. I'd have the Kovalev line intact, put Cam with Saku and Gui (for the size) and then a great 3rd line in Higgins, Chips and S Kost.

Remember this is a kid who has speed, fits this team well. He netted 34 goals just two seasons ago and though small he is built like a tank.
That's quite a bit of youth to give up.

Old
06-18-2008, 09:38 AM
Artie

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstar436 View Post
The forward playing in the Western conference is GABORIK.

Gainey said last year that he is looking for an Impact player. He was going for hossa but failed to get him. Both are RW. Gaborik has 1 year left I think. He said that he would like to play in the east. He is young.

and what do you think it would take to get GABORIK

Artie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:40 AM
Mue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
and what do you think it would take to get GABORIK

Who do the Habs have that would fit, almost perfectly, into The Wild's system? I have an idea but I also have mixed feelings regarding Gaborik.

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:44 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
That's quite a bit of youth to give up.
Well to me it's basically one player, I don't think Halak has a future on this team. Plus I'd rather him go to LA then sign with some Eastern team to **** us.

It's not like we're trading them for a bum. He just turned 26 and was a PPG player a year ago. The emergence of Dustin Brown gave Cam less of a role last year and no one on LA was a PPG player.

Old
06-18-2008, 09:48 AM
Artie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
Who do the Habs have that would fit, almost perfectly, into The Wild's system? I have an idea but I also have mixed feelings regarding Gaborik.
I would think...Chips, O'Byrne, Higgins would fit the mold.

Would anyone (i.e Habs fans) consider a deal with Chips and Sheppard being the centerpieces?

Old
GNick42

Quote:
Well to me it's basically one player, I don't think Halak has a future on this team. Plus I'd rather him go to LA then sign with some Eastern team to **** us.

It's not like we're trading them for a bum. He just turned 26 and was a PPG player a year ago. The emergence of Dustin Brown gave Cam less of a role last year and no one on LA was a PPG player.
I don't know...both those players have big upside to me. I see O'Bryne as a #3 d-man as early as next year and Halak reminds me of Vokoun. Not really the deal I would be looking for in moving a lot of youth

Old
Habruti!

Quote:

Rigths to negociate with Ryder, Obyrne, Halak and our 1st for Dustin Brown and a 2nd ...?

Habruti! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:50 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habruti! View Post
Rigths to negociate with Ryder, Obyrne, Halak and our 1st for Dustin Brown and a 2nd ...?
There is no way they trade Brown. He recently signed long term with them.

I do however like the Cammalleri idea.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:51 AM
CrazyShea

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
A bird in hand is better then two in the bush... or something.
That's not what she said

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:52 AM
Artie

Quote:
I don't know...both those players have big upside to me. I see O'Bryne as a #3 d-man as early as next year and Halak reminds me of Vokoun. Not really the deal I would be looking for in moving a lot of youth

Halak will not become Vokoum while playing here. Vokoum wasn't Vokoum while playing here.And they are not going to move Price.

Problem is that you may not maximize the return simply because he is in that middle ground. Could be great but unproven and may not get the chance to prove himself here.

Old
06-18-2008, 09:54 AM
RE-HABS

What about Corey Perry? Selanne and Niedermeyer never said they were retiring, so cap space is a high issue there and maybe Burke wants some players/picks in return instead of losing another roster player for nothing other than picks?

I would be willing to pass Higgins onto the Ducks for Perry, but then again maybe the Ducks want Koivu with Selanne in Anaheim or maybe the Ducks want Plekanec to replace the loss of McDonald for Weight???

Maybe it is Perry???

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:54 AM
Blades 0f Steel

I too, think it's Cammalleri. I've tossed his name out at the deadline too.

This guy was on an absolute scoring tear before he got injured. I think he was top 5 in goals in December.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Octavius
Next #18?

vCash: 424
I hope it is not Cammalleri. We don't need a rental player, who will bolt next year or ask for unreasonable amount of money. Plus it would cost quite a lot of assets to get him, as probably a lot of teams want him.

Octavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 10:01 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Well Halak may be Vokoun but at least we'd have some sort of control over his destiny. There's no way he stays here. Price is the man and Halak is too good to stay as a back-up. So trade Halak to the West before he signs with a team from the East.

As for O'Byrne I don't see him being anymore than a #4 due to limitations offensively. But to each their own.