HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

vinny and iggy

Closed Thread

Old
05-28-2004, 02:18 PM
chriss_co

vCash: 500
vinny is still incredibly young! give the guy some slack.. he'll be a top superstar one day

he was the most dominant bolt on the ice in game 2.. calgary has to do a better job physically with him... it'll be tough but we can do it

Old
05-28-2004, 07:04 PM
joeminus

Send a message via AIM to joeminus Send a message via Yahoo to joeminus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield
Lecavalier is known league wide as being one of the most inconsistent players in the NHL.
That's a reputation he earned two or three years ago. For whatever reason, it still sticks. (My guess: Because the type of people who are most likely to go around foisting their opinions on an unsuspecting public are the same type of people who tend to pass judgment on a player based on one or two games.) If you're saying that Lecavalier's production has been inconsistent, that's not entirely inaccurate. However, if you're saying his effort hasn't been consistent, you'd be off the mark. Even at his most erratic, Lecavalier is far from being "one of the most inconsistent players in the NHL." Not even close.

Old
05-28-2004, 07:12 PM
Hoek

So tell me what the bastion of consistency Jarome Iginla accomplished last night in Game 2 besides talk smack to the winner's bench after being held to two shots in the game?

Old
05-29-2004, 11:47 AM
HellsBells

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek
So tell me what the bastion of consistency Jarome Iginla accomplished last night in Game 2 besides talk smack to the winner's bench after being held to two shots in the game?

Old
05-29-2004, 05:06 PM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

Send a message via AIM to Butchered
I'd take Vinny over Iggy at this point in the playoffs.

Let the name calling begin.

Old
05-29-2004, 05:15 PM
sehnsucht

fair enough. You have to remember though that Vinny is playing without the responsbility of captainship, on an offensive minded squad with a bunch of offensive players. Iggy is playing with Conroy and Gelinas/Simon/Saprykin in a defense first system.

Old
05-30-2004, 05:49 PM
Vincent_TheGreat

Send a message via ICQ to Vincent_TheGreat
Quote:
Originally Posted by sehnsucht
fair enough. You have to remember though that Vinny is playing without the responsbility of captainship, on an offensive minded squad with a bunch of offensive players. Iggy is playing with Conroy and Gelinas/Simon/Saprykin in a defense first system.
Some of vinny's best overall play and especially leadership came when he had the C. The C almost gave him super powers, he didn't loose captaincy because he sucked or couldn't handle the pressure. New ownership thought it was to soon and a training camp holdout got it taken away. Seems like your trying to make excuses because one guy wears a C.

Old
05-30-2004, 05:57 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeminus
That's a reputation he earned two or three years ago. For whatever reason, it still sticks. (My guess: Because the type of people who are most likely to go around foisting their opinions on an unsuspecting public are the same type of people who tend to pass judgment on a player based on one or two games.) If you're saying that Lecavalier's production has been inconsistent, that's not entirely inaccurate. However, if you're saying his effort hasn't been consistent, you'd be off the mark. Even at his most erratic, Lecavalier is far from being "one of the most inconsistent players in the NHL." Not even close.
Maybe also because many hockey analysts said Gretzky left him off for that reason?

Old
05-30-2004, 08:04 PM
I Hate You All*

Send a message via AIM to I Hate You All* Send a message via Yahoo to I Hate You All*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatman Phanutier
Maybe also because many hockey analysts said Gretzky left him off for that reason?
Are you asking us or telling us?

Seriously, though... what does Gretzky know about hockey? LaCavalier = God

Old
05-30-2004, 08:05 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staze19
Are you asking us or telling us?

Seriously, though... what does Gretzky know about hockey?
I'm the messenger, reread the post.

And what does Gretzky, the greatest player ever to play the game, know about hockey?

Hmm, thats a toughie.

Old
05-30-2004, 08:53 PM
joeminus

Send a message via AIM to joeminus Send a message via Yahoo to joeminus
Quote:
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but I think I agree that the ill-informed opinions of North America's lazy hockey analysts are a huge reason that most of the league's fans still judge players based on reputations they earned years ago.

Old
05-30-2004, 09:43 PM
Bicycle Repairman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I'm the messenger, reread the post.

And what does Gretzky, the greatest player ever to play the game, know about hockey?

Hmm, thats a toughie.
Gretzky is only one guy. Others have input into the player selection process too.

If LaCavalier is left off the team, then it was a concensus opinion.

Old
05-31-2004, 10:44 AM
Vincent_TheGreat

Send a message via ICQ to Vincent_TheGreat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicycle Repairman
Gretzky is only one guy. Others have input into the player selection process too.

If LaCavalier is left off the team, then it was a concensus opinion.
I bet none of the picks were concensus, they may have had majority opinions but not a concensus.

Closed Thread