HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Molding Skates

Old
06-18-2008, 02:45 PM
Number Nine

vCash: 500
Molding Skates

Sorry if this has been discussed multiple times in the past, I searched and couldnt find the specific answer that I was looking for.

Is it possible to heat mold Bauer One95's with a hair dryer? I had them baked at the store when I bought them, but still feel they need some more and the store is more than 45 minutes away.

Will I cause any damage to the skates, or is it not even hot enough to mold?

any input is great. thanks

Number Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 02:50 PM
SeanL44
Welcome to Hellbow

Theres a whole thread here (http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=523861) about baking scouts.

Anyway, if you're looking to mold them, I would recommend going back to the pro shop since generally they know what they're doing. If it's a huge inconvenience for you then here is a good step by step instruction provided by the Colorado Avalanche (http://www.coloradoavalanchecares.co...kates-at-home/)

I would suspect a hair dryer isn't going to be enough.

SeanL44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 06:13 PM
We'reGonnaWin*

EC is right in that you can spot mold the boot with some heat and patience. However, I wouldn't go by the instructions on the Colorado Avalanche page. Each type of skate is different in their materials and so their baking procedures are also different. The One95s come with baking instructions, and they should be followed.

We'reGonnaWin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 04:29 PM
Wantsumcheezwyrwine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delorme View Post
EC is right in that you can spot mold the boot with some heat and patience. However, I wouldn't go by the instructions on the Colorado Avalanche page. Each type of skate is different in their materials and so their baking procedures are also different. The One95s come with baking instructions, and they should be followed.
Agreed leave it to the pros.

Wantsumcheezwyrwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 12:02 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Or, you could just break them in the old fashioned way... using them on the ice.

Even all of the new skates with new technology need to get hours of ice time to fully break in.

You can't shortcut or cheat the break in process.

Get on the ice, and skate.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 04:40 PM
benherron

Instructions

I dont suppose anyone has a copy of the One-95s baking instructions, annoyingly lost mine.

benherron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 05:03 PM
Heat McManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Or, you could just break them in the old fashioned way... using them on the ice.

Even all of the new skates with new technology need to get hours of ice time to fully break in.

You can't shortcut or cheat the break in process.

Get on the ice, and skate.
One95s, CCM U+, and x60s are all extremely thermoformable and greatly benefit from heat molding.

A lot of guys I know (pros included) have had to bake their One95s twice. If you are going to bake them, go to a pro shop. If they screw it up it's on their dime. If you screw it up then you just lost $600.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote