HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Predators 2008 draft preview

Old
06-18-2008, 05:48 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Personally, I think the Coburn comparison is pretty accurate: he's big, he's mobile, doesn't necessarily use his size to the fullest extent but he plays good defense and is reliable in all situations. I don't think he best fits our needs, but I certainly wouldn't complain if we picked him up... again, provided that Wilson, Hodgson and Boedker are all gone.
Coburn would be in Milwakee in our Org. He's behind Suter, Hammer, Weber, and even Klein. There is 0 need for Myers in Nashville. He'll just be traded later and will never contribute to this team in any other capacity (Ryan Parent ring a bell). Why not just trade the pick now instead of wasting it???

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 06:21 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Coburn would be in Milwakee in our Org. He's behind Suter, Hammer, Weber, and even Klein. There is 0 need for Myers in Nashville. He'll just be traded later and will never contribute to this team in any other capacity (Ryan Parent ring a bell). Why not just trade the pick now instead of wasting it???
There is zero need for Myers in Nashville right now. Who knows what will happen in the next few years? We could very easily lose Hamhuis to free agency in 2010, and lose Weber to an offer sheet this summer. Then we're in pretty dire straits on defense because we have nobody that can even touch Hamhuis or Weber and their contributions to this team in our system Myers has the high-end upside that could step in and make an immediate impact on our blue line if the situation presents itself.

Again, if he's the best player available and the top five forwards have all been taken, go for it, but you HAVE to draft a forward with the 15th pick.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 06:26 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
There is zero need for Myers in Nashville right now. Who knows what will happen in the next few years? We could very easily lose Hamhuis to free agency in 2010, and lose Weber to an offer sheet this summer. Then we're in pretty dire straits on defense because we have nobody that can even touch Hamhuis or Weber and their contributions to this team in our system Myers has the high-end upside that could step in and make an immediate impact on our blue line if the situation presents itself.

Again, if he's the best player available and the top five forwards have all been taken, go for it, but you HAVE to draft a forward with the 15th pick.
I agree with this.

Gnashville, I see what your saying, but Myers could end up being one of the top 3 players in this draft. If you believe he has that ability, you draft him no questions asked. If he turns out to be 3/4 of what Pronger is or Chara, he is a mighty fine blue-liner with unheard of reach. Besides, with 3 other picks in the top 46, we could easily go defenseman early and still fill our barren cupboard.

Additionally, our log-jam can be fixed quickly. Zanon/Devries can walk next year, Koistenen/Klein could easily be moved, Zidlicky could as well....Poile just needs to pick up the phone - 29 other teams covet our defensive prospects.