HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

OT: Where to play hockey in South FLA

Old
06-17-2008, 08:32 PM
KingsCast

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to KingsCast
OT: Where to play hockey in South FLA

I've been spending a lot of time in South Florida (Boca Raton area) for work these days and I'd love to start skating and playing again (it's been almost 20 years). I grew up in the area and played at Lighthouse Point for years. Can someone point me in the right direction for taking up my favorite sport again? Thanks in advance!

KingsCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 09:48 PM
Holy Jokinen

Well, what are you looking for?

A group of us play up at Caloosa park (boynton) once a week, but we're gonna kick it up to twice a week cause we're all out of shape and stuff. But yeah, its totally for fun. The great part is we have 2 goalies most of the time. So on the days when we have enough skaters, we put both goalies in.

We're a wide range of skills. some are still getting comfortable with skating, others are much better. But yeah, its good fun.

If you're looking for a league, there's an adult league at the sports mall in deerfield beach (10th and jog rd.). It's pretty laid back, and you only play once a week. There's also SkateZone in WPB. It's more younger kids, and probably a lot better talent on average than the sports mall.

But yeah, feel free to let me know if you wanna join us at caloosa. We're always looking for more people. we have a thread on the panthers message boards. So yeah, let me know, and good luck.

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 10:35 AM
Punkypuck

What day of the week and at what time?

Punkypuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 10:41 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
Well, what are you looking for?

A group of us play up at Caloosa park (boynton) once a week, but we're gonna kick it up to twice a week cause we're all out of shape and stuff. But yeah, its totally for fun. The great part is we have 2 goalies most of the time. So on the days when we have enough skaters, we put both goalies in.

We're a wide range of skills. some are still getting comfortable with skating, others are much better. But yeah, its good fun.

If you're looking for a league, there's an adult league at the sports mall in deerfield beach (10th and jog rd.). It's pretty laid back, and you only play once a week. There's also SkateZone in WPB. It's more younger kids, and probably a lot better talent on average than the sports mall.

But yeah, feel free to let me know if you wanna join us at caloosa. We're always looking for more people. we have a thread on the panthers message boards. So yeah, let me know, and good luck.
Have you ever considered going to West Boynton? It's a newer, nicer place. I haven't played there in over a year, but a bunch of my friends play there like once or twice a week.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 11:50 AM
Holy Jokinen

Yeah we play at Park Vista sometimes. But neither Caloosa nor PV have nets at the moment, which is lame.

But we have our own, so yeah, no problems there...

Supposedly PV is better. I personally don't care. I just like the feel of caloosa cause that's where we've been playing longer. But i'd say PV is smoother. Only one rink though..

Old
06-18-2008, 05:16 PM
hoax15

Send a message via AIM to hoax15
I play with them most of the time (been out lately tho)

hoax15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 06:47 PM
KingsCast

Send a message via AIM to KingsCast
Thanks for the replies. I'm looking to play any day but Monday and Wednesday anytime after 6pm. I'm in pretty good shape but haven't played hockey in *years* so I don't want to walk into a league and play several levels under everyone. What do you think is the best fit..

I have, however, won the Stanley Cup in NHL 08 so that's gotta count for something...right..

KingsCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 07:17 PM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsCast View Post
Thanks for the replies. I'm looking to play any day but Monday and Wednesday anytime after 6pm. I'm in pretty good shape but haven't played hockey in *years* so I don't want to walk into a league and play several levels under everyone. What do you think is the best fit..

I have, however, won the Stanley Cup in NHL 08 so that's gotta count for something...right..
The league at the sports mall is probably best then. They have three skill levels, and it's pretty laid back. The only thing is, when i played, it was only on monday nights. It may be different now.. i have no idea, but i'd give them a call.

But yeah, feel free to join us if interested.