HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Florida Panthers Raising Ticket Prices For Big Games!

Old
06-18-2008, 08:56 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

vCash: 500
Florida Panthers Raising Ticket Prices For Big Games!

If you want to see some of the most popular teams in the NHL without buying a Panthers season-ticket plan, be ready to pay an extra $25 a ticket.

Beezer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 08:12 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

At least if Rangers or Leafs or Habs fans decide to take over the bulding, they'll have to pay for it. Might as well get them to fund this team also if they're going to come in droves.

Markstrom Rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:03 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
At least if Rangers or Leafs or Habs fans decide to take over the bulding, they'll have to pay for it. Might as well get them to fund this team also if they're going to come in droves.
lol yeh no kidding

I May Be Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:08 PM
jol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
If you want to see some of the most popular teams in the NHL without buying a Panthers season-ticket plan, be ready to pay an extra $25 a ticket.
On the other hand, I got an offer, father's day, from Panthers, four tickets plus other usual stuff to any game, $75 (upper level).

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 10:03 PM
CanadianPantherFan

Bad for me if I fly down there ever for a game,but good for the barn

CanadianPantherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 10:38 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Quote:
Yeah, well if the team expects me to dish out any money for tickets, they better start putting a quality team on the ice.

Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 07:52 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Yeah, well if the team expects me to dish out any money for tickets, they better start putting a quality team on the ice.
Yeah, I don't see how they can justify raising ticket prices that much, even if it is only for big games because they haven't been in the playoffs for so many years.

Old
06-19-2008, 07:54 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
Maybe now we can out number those fans if they decide not to go to games.

Old
06-19-2008, 08:01 AM
Laus723
Future Now

I don't think it has a whole to do with us as the fans as itdoes the loudmouth obnoxious northerners who proceeded to pour beer on our heads and tell our kids to shut up. Fine by me, milk those clowns for all we can, and keep as many away as we can. I'll gladly drive down there and pay extra. That's our house.

06-19-2008, 08:11 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
I don't think it has a whole to do with us as the fans as itdoes the loudmouth obnoxious northerners who proceeded to pour beer on our heads and tell our kids to shut up. Fine by me, milk those clowns for all we can, and keep as many away as we can. I'll gladly drive down there and pay extra. That's our house.
Right On!!! Speaking of which, we need to make a trip down there at some point during the season. When the schedule comes out we can pick a game to go down there like we talked about before. Our wives said they would go to the beach and we can go to the game remember.

Old
06-19-2008, 08:37 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Right On!!! Speaking of which, we need to make a trip down there at some point during the season. When the schedule comes out we can pick a game to go down there like we talked about before. Our wives said they would go to the beach and we can go to the game remember.
lol, yep, I remember. That sounds good to me.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 06:21 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Yeah, that's exactly what this is about. If they're going to outnumber Panther fans anyway, we might as well make them pay extra.

Markstrom Rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 08:00 AM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Maybe now we can out number those fans if they decide not to go to games.
No we are still going to go to the games, there are only a couple each year so it doesnt make that big of a deal. But the bigger problem is that the Panthers organization doesn't put good teams together because they don't care. Just as long as they make a profit they don't care how many people are at the game. The south florida fans don't help, since they are mostly fair weather fans and only go when they are winning. But i do not mean all of you who go to the games often or have season tickets. And its not just the panthers its the marlins and the heat too.

FLYERSFAN18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 08:40 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
No we are still going to go to the games, there are only a couple each year so it doesnt make that big of a deal. But the bigger problem is that the Panthers organization doesn't put good teams together because they don't care. Just as long as they make a profit they don't care how many people are at the game. The south florida fans don't help, since they are mostly fair weather fans and only go when they are winning. But i do not mean all of you who go to the games often or have season tickets. And its not just the panthers its the marlins and the heat too.
Wow. With the exception of the fair weathered comment, you have no clue what you're talking about. Alan Cohen is committed to having a winning team because he knows that's the only way he'll get fans in the stands. However, they're not mortgaging their future to make a one-and-done playoff appearance or going out and massively overpaying for players (like your Flyers) and then being cap screwed down the road.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 09:04 AM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Wow. With the exception of the fair weathered comment, you have no clue what you're talking about. Alan Cohen is committed to having a winning team because he knows that's the only way he'll get fans in the stands. However, they're not mortgaging their future to make a one-and-done playoff appearance or going out and massively overpaying for players (like your Flyers) and then being cap screwed down the road.
I did not mean to piss you off, but i have been following all the florida teams since about 1995 and i do know what i am talking about. The panthers are the only other team that i would like to see win the stanley cup. But, when was the last time the panthers made the playoffs? before last year the flyers had made it something like 15 years in a row and that is because they spent as much money as they could to put the best team that they could on the ice.After last year coming in dead last they went out and spent money and they got to the eastern conference fnals. If they really wanted to be in the playoffs they would be, it doesnt take that much when more than half the conference gets in. You have to spend money to make the playoffs and ultimately win the cup but this organization doesnt care. Look at the other south florda teams that have won. The 1997 Marlins won because they bought the championship by signing great players. The heat won because they got the most dominant player in the game at the time, that player being shaq.

FLYERSFAN18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 04:25 PM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Guys, gonna have to ask you to cool it before it gets out of hand. This is not going to turn into a your team vs. my team contest.

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Panthers Rock is online now   Reply With Quote