HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jagr needs to go.

Old
06-18-2008, 08:52 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
It's kinda hard to argue against that.

He and Lundqvist were clearly our best players through most of the season.

It is obvious the team needs to start being built around Gomez and Drury. They were signed for a reason.

However, it is up to the front office to realize that is what they had intended when they signed them.

Maybe it is time to move on from Jagr. Just build the team from scratch now. New identity. hand the torch over. Wasn't that the point of signing Gomez and Drury to begin with?
exactly right

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 09:13 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
i agree, however i think drury has more respect in the league than jagr does, especially with the refs, but that is just me....
I agree completely. He's respected for the player and person he is, even without a letter on his chest. And putting a letter on his chest certainly isn't a good enough reason to not bring back a player who fills a role (as a scoring winger) that we desperately need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
I don't agree with you at all. Even though Messier is one of the best Captain's ever....towards the end...the team needed to go in another direction, and he should not have been the face of the team, anymore. His failure to retire until he was WAY over the hill, could have cost them a playoff appearance. As long as Jagr wears the C, and you have a player of that magnitude in the locker room, other players voices may be unheard, purely out of respect to Jagr...just as it was with Messier.
Do you really think Messier would have had any less influence on the team if he didn't have the C on his chest?

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 11:06 PM
Jeds2StepOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
if that's directed at me, I wasn't blaming Gomez for Shanny's play, but you can't say that he caught fire when put with Gomez
Who said he caught fire? Who said he went on some amazing scoring streak?

Certainly not me.

But Gomez was responsible in getting him a good 60-70 % of his (Shanny's ) points.

Shanahan sucked for most of this season. He was a invisable. If Shanny and Jagr had converted on 50% of the excellent, creative setups by Gomez and Dubinksy; they would have both bagged themselves at least 40 goals each. But they were braindead for 4 months of the season. Gomez only had one less point than Jagr, for his season point totals.

Furthermore, Gomez was routinely moved back and forth between Jagr on the "First Line" and Shanney on the "Second Line".

It wasn't till Dubinsky started going on that 6-8 week tear, that Renney stayed with him and Jagr more consistently. And even then, there were shifts where he moved Gomez up there. And after Dubinsky cooled off, Renney began rotating Gomez with Jagr more often, again.

Not to mention the Power Play time Gomez had with Jagr, which helped Jagr get some points, too.

Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 12:32 AM
FLYLine24*

Still can't believe so many people think we will be fine if we let Jagr walk.

Gomez was one (or was) our best forward for most of the season, a big reason he why was be he was not facing the other teams top defense pairing every night, do you know who was? Jagr. If Jagr goes then Gomez, say hello to the top defense every night...he will not put up the same amount of points, thats for sure.

Another con, Dubinsky, got plenty of ice time, developing very nicely with a superstar to guide him....without Jagr....enjoy the 3rd line Dubi playing a defensive role with 12 minutes of ice time. That will stunt his development for sure.

Another Con, how much of the damn team are we replacing? Jagr, Straka, Shanny, and Avery could all be gone...how are all those holes going to be filled? With some Swedish fringe 4th liner? Too many holes...once we have them filled it will take half a season just to get any chemistry going again.

So sure, lets replace Jagr with a some spare parts and everything will be dandy...give me a break.

For us to be competitive we need Jagr back. At least until we get a replacement, but there is none next season.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 10:06 AM
Jeds2StepOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post

Gomez was one (or was) our best forward for most of the season, a big reason he why was be he was not facing the other teams top defense pairing every night, do you know who was? Jagr. If Jagr goes then Gomez, say hello to the top defense every night...he will not put up the same amount of points, thats for sure.

Another con, Dubinsky, got plenty of ice time, developing very nicely with a superstar to guide him....without Jagr....enjoy the 3rd line Dubi playing a defensive role with 12 minutes of ice time. That will stunt his development for sure.

Another Con, how much of the damn team are we replacing? Jagr, Straka, Shanny, and Avery could all be gone...how are all those holes going to be filled? With some Swedish fringe 4th liner? Too many holes...once we have them filled it will take half a season just to get any chemistry going again.

So sure, lets replace Jagr with a some spare parts and everything will be dandy...give me a break.

For us to be competitive we need Jagr back. At least until we get a replacement, but there is none next season.
I don't think there's any doubt Dubinksy benefited greatly from playing with Jagr. Both in terms of on-ice/in-game development and mentally.

But let's be fair to Dubinsky, here. There were many, many nights when Dubinsky was the catalyst and Jagr benefited greatly from having a spunky, physical, strong and (still raw) talented young Center......like Dubi.

It did become a symbiotic relationship and interaction on the ice. Dubi learned a lot and gained a ton of experience by playing with Jagr and benefited greatly when Jagr did decide to show up; on any given night. But Jagr benefited, too.

Dubinksy wasn't simply along for the ride. He quite often made things happen, on his own. Jagr gave Dubi room to operate, because...he's Jagr. But at some point in the season, teams had to start focusing on Dubi much more. And that made room for Jagr, also. Like I said, it did become symbiotic.

The kid has some skills and a heart as big as Montana. Let's not diminsh Dubi's ability and contribution, for the sake of stroking Jagr.

P.S. Gomez saw plenty of the opponents top defense. He's seen top Defense for 98% of his career. He was the top line center for the Devils.

Old
06-19-2008, 10:07 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post

I can't say I'm with you on this point about Gomez, Fly. Sure, Jagr was eating up the first line minutes and getting mauled by the first pairings of the other team, but look at the numbers Gomez put up. Now look at who he was playing with. Dawes, Avery and Shannahan. Not exactly the high scoring winger he would probably have if Jagr was out of the picture.

If you bring back Jagr, you're not just bringing back a player, you're bringing back his style of play. Dubinsky is blossoming under Jagr, but he's learning to play a type of game that this team won't be using once Jagr is gone. So down the road when Jagr isn't here, we'll have a center playing the pass-pass-shoot European style, while the rest of the team is playing a NA dump and chase style.

Sure thats probably exaggerating it a bit, but you also have to take into account that we'll have to fill the opposing wing on the Dubi-Jagr line. Who goes there? Avery? What if he doesn't come back? Straka? Prucha? Do we spend the money for Gomez's sniper on a guy like Huselius, Demitra or Naslund?

Like I've said before, I'm not concerned with being competitive next season if it means taking the steps to make this team better down the line. What does a 2nd round knock out get you? A low draft-pick and a couple weeks of extra revenue from playoff ticket sales for the team. I'd rather try to build this team around Drury and Gomez, wind up in 20th place and have a top-10 pick than get knocked out in the 2nd round again. Thats two years now that team-Jagr has had a chance to push us beyond the 2nd round of the playoffs. Obviously it isn't working. Is two more years of the same thing really going to make a difference? Is a puck moving d-man really going to put us over the top? I doubt it.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 11:13 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I can't say I'm with you on this point about Gomez, Fly. Sure, Jagr was eating up the first line minutes and getting mauled by the first pairings of the other team, but look at the numbers Gomez put up. Now look at who he was playing with. Dawes, Avery and Shannahan. Not exactly the high scoring winger he would probably have if Jagr was out of the picture.

If you bring back Jagr, you're not just bringing back a player, you're bringing back his style of play. Dubinsky is blossoming under Jagr, but he's learning to play a type of game that this team won't be using once Jagr is gone. So down the road when Jagr isn't here, we'll have a center playing the pass-pass-shoot European style, while the rest of the team is playing a NA dump and chase style.

Sure thats probably exaggerating it a bit, but you also have to take into account that we'll have to fill the opposing wing on the Dubi-Jagr line. Who goes there? Avery? What if he doesn't come back? Straka? Prucha? Do we spend the money for Gomez's sniper on a guy like Huselius, Demitra or Naslund?

Like I've said before, I'm not concerned with being competitive next season if it means taking the steps to make this team better down the line. What does a 2nd round knock out get you? A low draft-pick and a couple weeks of extra revenue from playoff ticket sales for the team. I'd rather try to build this team around Drury and Gomez, wind up in 20th place and have a top-10 pick than get knocked out in the 2nd round again. Thats two years now that team-Jagr has had a chance to push us beyond the 2nd round of the playoffs. Obviously it isn't working. Is two more years of the same thing really going to make a difference? Is a puck moving d-man really going to put us over the top? I doubt it.
what's wrong w/ having different lines playing different styles. detroit has two puck possession lines and two dump and chase lines. Same w/ Pittsburgh. Seems to be working fine for them.

In fact i would rather have two lines playing the pass-pass-shoot style and the other two playing the dump-chase style to keep mixing up defenses, and not let your own offenses become stagnant.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 11:27 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
what's wrong w/ having different lines playing different styles. detroit has two puck possession lines and two dump and chase lines. Same w/ Pittsburgh. Seems to be working fine for them.

In fact i would rather have two lines playing the pass-pass-shoot style and the other two playing the dump-chase style to keep mixing up defenses, and not let your own offenses become stagnant.
It's the fact that you back yourself into a corner when filling holes, like we have now. We need a Euro-style winger for the Dubi-Jagr line, so that limits our options. The same can be said when Jagr leaves. Does Cherepanov slide into Jagr's old spot immediately? Maybe. Then who plays on the opposite side? Do we commit to signing whoever assumes the role now to stay on beyond Jagr's contract? This kind of thing goes way beyond next year's lineup.

I think committing to the players we've got locked up long term is the right way to go. Not the guy who will be here for 2 seasons at the most (hopefully) and may or may not show up to play every night.

Old
06-19-2008, 11:30 AM
segmentation fault

I think once Dubi gets a couple more years under his belt he would be an excellent center for Jagr. But can we really wait that long?

segmentation fault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 11:33 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
It's the fact that you back yourself into a corner when filling holes, like we have now. We need a Euro-style winger for the Dubi-Jagr line, so that limits our options. The same can be said when Jagr leaves. Does Cherepanov slide into Jagr's old spot immediately? Maybe. Then who plays on the opposite side? Do we commit to signing whoever assumes the role now to stay on beyond Jagr's contract? This kind of thing goes way beyond next year's lineup.

I think committing to the players we've got locked up long term is the right way to go. Not the guy who will be here for 2 seasons at the most (hopefully) and may or may not show up to play every night.
i see your point and it is valid.

I still like the hybrid better. Especially the way we like to draft. We draft a good mix of Euros and NA players.

Also for my own sanity I hope we dont just go to the dump-chase-lose puck-play defense-get puck-dump-chase-lose puck zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...... style as I will pull my eyes out. Also that style isn't really working that well for us b/c we have a lineup of smurfs who don't hit hard enough.

Sather really didn't do a good job at all of constructing this team. Tooo many odd parts.

Old
06-19-2008, 01:27 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
i see your point and it is valid.

I still like the hybrid better. Especially the way we like to draft. We draft a good mix of Euros and NA players.

Also for my own sanity I hope we dont just go to the dump-chase-lose puck-play defense-get puck-dump-chase-lose puck zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...... style as I will pull my eyes out. Also that style isn't really working that well for us b/c we have a lineup of smurfs who don't hit hard enough.

Sather really didn't do a good job at all of constructing this team. Tooo many odd parts.
I'm not saying I disagree with you. I think the NA is certainly less exciting to watch, and I believe a team should mix it up, but I don't see us having the pieces to do that right now. If Cherepanov was here and could slot on Jagrs other wing, I'd say sure, that's an option (even though they're both RW's). Our only real option is Prucha, but he'll probably be delt. Straka isn't the finisher that line needs. So we're left with bringing someone in from an outside source. We have enough holes at is its, signing Jagr creates another one.

I agree that Sather hasn't done the best job of constructing this team. But a lot of that has to do with Renney as well. Renney wants a defensive system, but Sather was building the team around Jagr. That of course wasn't destined to work.

The new core of this team is Gomez and Drury. I don't see this team being a high scoring, offensive juggernaut right out of the gate. I think the right move is letting go of the old, and phasing in the new. Puck moving d-men and fast, tough and reliable wingers with good two-way abilities. I think if you start out with that mindset, the goals will come on their own.

Old
06-19-2008, 01:33 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
I'm not saying I disagree with you. I think the NA is certainly less exciting to watch, and I believe a team should mix it up, but I don't see us having the pieces to do that right now. If Cherepanov was here and could slot on Jagrs other wing, I'd say sure, that's an option (even though they're both RW's). Our only real option is Prucha, but he'll probably be delt. Straka isn't the finisher that line needs. So we're left with bringing someone in from an outside source. We have enough holes at is its, signing Jagr creates another one.

I agree that Sather hasn't done the best job of constructing this team. But a lot of that has to do with Renney as well. Renney wants a defensive system, but Sather was building the team around Jagr. That of course wasn't destined to work.

The new core of this team is Gomez and Drury. I don't see this team being a high scoring, offensive juggernaut right out of the gate. I think the right move is letting go of the old, and phasing in the new. Puck moving d-men and fast, tough and reliable wingers with good two-way abilities. I think if you start out with that mindset, the goals will come on their own.
i agree...there is a reason most of the rangers players are good two-way players and sather and renney agreed on gomez and drury...because they are the ideal role-models for th eyounger players because those are the types of players who fit the renney and reanger system to a "T"...the one thing the rangers need is a puck-moving defenseman so the wingers can break out of the zone earlier and create more odd-man rushes with their speed.....with jagr, the team isnt going to do that...jagr likes to cirlce and attack slowly, which works, if the team was built that way, but it isnt..time to move one and drury and gomez are the cornerstones of the change

Old
06-19-2008, 01:40 PM
Jeds2StepOpus

Quote:
Bingo.

Old
06-19-2008, 01:57 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
ugggh. You probably are right, but there is no shot in hell this team makes the playoffs w/o Jagr. Nobody on this team can nearly provide the level of scoring he does, and nobody creates teams to differ their gameplans.

Quote:
Not true. That is who Renney is and what he understands. It is Sather's fault for hiring Renney if he wanted to sign skill players and play a EW game. The GM should have found a coach that conformed to how he invisions the game, not the other way around. Renney is a bad coach for Sather's tastes and understanding of the game.

Quote:
unfortunately you are probably correct here as well. I guess i really will have to get used to watching the New Jersy Rangers... I mean the New York Devils.... i mean the most boring team in hockey. **** Renney and his stupid defensive game.

Old
06-19-2008, 02:02 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
ugggh. You probably are right, but there is no shot in hell this team makes the playoffs w/o Jagr. Nobody on this team can nearly provide the level of scoring he does, and nobody creates teams to differ their gameplans.

Not true. That is who Renney is and what he understands. It is Sather's fault for hiring Renney if he wanted to sign skill players and play a EW game. The GM should have found a coach that conformed to how he invisions the game, not the other way around. Renney is a bad coach for Sather's tastes and understanding of the game.

unfortunately you are probably correct here as well. I guess i really will have to get used to watching the New Jersy Rangers... I mean the New York Devils.... i mean the most boring team in hockey. **** Renney and his stupid defensive game.
honestly, there is no way the rangers can score less than they did last year...i think the minutes should be split up to a bunch of different players and if teams put there best defenseman on gomez then others wil have to step up....either way who wouldve thought the rangers wouldve had problems scoring this year and wouldve been one of the bets defensive teams at the beginning of the season.....all im saying is anything is possible

Old
06-19-2008, 02:03 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Rangers will use Jagr and Shanahan's money and Sign Sundin and another UFA, Sundin has alway's wanted to play in NY.

FreeBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 02:15 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaLeaf View Post
Rangers will use Jagr and Shanahan's money and Sign Sundin and another UFA, Sundin has alway's wanted to play in NY.
I'd much rather have Jagr for the money. Not to mention that bringing in another center only further strengthens a position we're already strong at while doing nothing to fix our shortage of wingers who can put the puck in the net.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 02:17 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
honestly, there is no way the rangers can score less than they did last year...i think the minutes should be split up to a bunch of different players and if teams put there best defenseman on gomez then others wil have to step up....either way who wouldve thought the rangers wouldve had problems scoring this year and wouldve been one of the bets defensive teams at the beginning of the season.....all im saying is anything is possible
isn't that a contradiction?

but honestly... we are going to lose Shanny, Jagr, Straka, Roszival and probably Avery. That's most of our offense.

We still don't have a sniper for Gomez, nobody that can set up Drury, no size, and a bunch of very young players, not to mention a horrible, horrible UFA class. it is very, very possible we score less next year.

I'll go on record right now that if we lose Jagr and don't sign Hossa we will end up w/ a top 10 pick next year.

Last edited by DontStepanMe: 06-19-2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old
06-19-2008, 02:35 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
isn't that a contradiction?

but honestly... we are going to lose Shanny, Jagr, Straka, Roszival and probably Avery. That's most of our offense.

We still don't have a sniper for Gomez, nobody that can set up Drury, no size, and a bunch of very young players, not to mention a horrible, horrible UFA class. it is very, very possible we score less next year.
I don't think it's as hard to replace those players as you think. The only one who might be hard to replace is Jagr, and honestly, his offensive production isn't the part that is hard to replace. It's his presence on the ice. Jagr makes guys on his line look great because he draws people to him, which leaves his teammates open. The problem is, last year he didn't have anyone to finish.

Drury didn't have a playmaker this season and he still managed to tie for the lead in goals, I don't think thats an issue to be honest. Sniper for Gomez is going to have to come via trade IMO unless Sather takes a gamble on a guy like Ryder. As for the youth, isn't that what we have them for? To step up in times like this?

Old
06-19-2008, 02:45 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
I don't think it's as hard to replace those players as you think. The only one who might be hard to replace is Jagr, and honestly, his offensive production isn't the part that is hard to replace. It's his presence on the ice. Jagr makes guys on his line look great because he draws people to him, which leaves his teammates open. The problem is, last year he didn't have anyone to finish.

Drury didn't have a playmaker this season and he still managed to tie for the lead in goals, I don't think thats an issue to be honest. Sniper for Gomez is going to have to come via trade IMO unless Sather takes a gamble on a guy like Ryder. As for the youth, isn't that what we have them for? To step up in times like this?
yes, but to think they will step in and immediately be that productive is lunacy. they will take time and will definately take their lumps.

and you are right about it not being as hard to replace as I think... the truth is it will probably be even harder.... Jagr is impossible to replace, dubi won't be nearly as effective w/o Jagr now b/c he won't have any good wings to play w/ on the third line. We have only one true playmaker. We lost two of our 3 best passing forwards and anothe good one (jagr, straka, avery). 2 top penalty killers. 2 20+ goal scorers. Our best offensive dman. our dman who logs the most minutes.

and yes Drury only scoring 25 goals is a problem. Especially since he is making $7mil. he needs to put up at least 30 and more like 35, which means he needs a good playmaking winger, and a big body to clear him some area.

Old
06-19-2008, 03:06 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
yes, but to think they will step in and immediately be that productive is lunacy. they will take time and will definately take their lumps.

and you are right about it not being as hard to replace as I think... the truth is it will probably be even harder.... Jagr is impossible to replace, dubi won't be nearly as effective w/o Jagr now b/c he won't have any good wings to play w/ on the third line. We have only one true playmaker. We lost two of our 3 best passing forwards and anothe good one (jagr, straka, avery). 2 top penalty killers. 2 20+ goal scorers. Our best offensive dman. our dman who logs the most minutes.

and yes Drury only scoring 25 goals is a problem. Especially since he is making $7mil. he needs to put up at least 30 and more like 35, which means he needs a good playmaking winger, and a big body to clear him some area.
I dont' expect a guy like Korpikoski to come in and replace Jagr, but I think he could certainly replace Straka. Shanny scored 20 goals, Dawes could do the same. Those guys aren't that far off.

Why does Dubi need stellar wingers to play with on the 3rd line? I don't understand why people are catering to Dubinsky all of a sudden because the kid had a good year playing with one of the best wingers in the history of the game. Yes he's a good player, but frankly, without Jagr here he's #3 on the depth chart. So thats where he's gonna play.

There are much better options than Rozsival out there on the market. Redden and Liles would both be a drastic improvement over Rozsival IMO. Plus there are trades available as well if that becomes necessary.

Drury had a Drury season. He's not an offensive dynamo. He's a consistent two-way forward who wins faceoffs, kills penalties, blocks shots and still manages to average about 25 goals per season. Last year in Buffalo was a complete anomaly for him. Here, he managed to tie for the team lead in goals while playing 3rd line minutes. There is nothing to worry about with Drury other than his salary. But just because Slats is paying too much for him doesn't mean he's going to start pulling 10 extra goals per season out of thin air. Just because you overpaid for your Toyota doesn't make it a Ferrari, ya know?

Old
06-19-2008, 03:34 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
I dont' expect a guy like Korpikoski to come in and replace Jagr, but I think he could certainly replace Straka. Shanny scored 20 goals, Dawes could do the same. Those guys aren't that far off.
Dawes could do the same as shanny... but then who replaces dawes old production... do you think that dawes will score 34 goals next year... I don't. Thats still 14 goals less.

Quote:
Why does Dubi need stellar wingers to play with on the 3rd line? I don't understand why people are catering to Dubinsky all of a sudden because the kid had a good year playing with one of the best wingers in the history of the game. Yes he's a good player, but frankly, without Jagr here he's #3 on the depth chart. So thats where he's gonna play.
So if Dubinsky's production drops, who will replace it? You will have the same player but w/ less production. I actually think a full year of Dubi and Jagr and you will get more production out of both.

Quote:
There are much better options than Rozsival out there on the market. Redden and Liles would both be a drastic improvement over Rozsival IMO. Plus there are trades available as well if that becomes necessary.
yes, but now look at cap space they take up. That money uses up space taken for another wing... Plus Rosy had more goals than Redden on a worse offense. They actually both had 38 points... I'm not sure if it is that drastic an improvement. I think you are selling Rosy short. Liles isn't as good as Rosy right now, but he is younger and will become better in a year or two. Probably still won't be as good as Rosy next year.

Quote:
Drury had a Drury season. He's not an offensive dynamo. He's a consistent two-way forward who wins faceoffs, kills penalties, blocks shots and still manages to average about 25 goals per season. Last year in Buffalo was a complete anomaly for him. Here, he managed to tie for the team lead in goals while playing 3rd line minutes. There is nothing to worry about with Drury other than his salary. But just because Slats is paying too much for him doesn't mean he's going to start pulling 10 extra goals per season out of thin air. Just because you overpaid for your Toyota doesn't make it a Ferrari, ya know?
I think it will be anamoly but not because of him. he was put in a good system that suits him the best.... the Rangers system and the players around him really aren't the best for him... he's better at a run and gun system, which lets you create a little... but he also needs alot of talent and good passing around him which he doesn't have here right now...

Old
06-19-2008, 05:08 PM
beastly115

Just because Jagr is resigned, doesn't mean the team isn't going to move forward. It's not black and white. We can still sign Jagr while moving the team in the Gomez/Drury direction.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 05:16 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
Just because Jagr is resigned, doesn't mean the team isn't going to move forward. It's not black and white. We can still sign Jagr while moving the team in the Gomez/Drury direction.
I think last year showed that is not the case.

06-19-2008, 05:21 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I think last year showed that is not the case.
Don't bring back Straka and Rozsival and we're already taking another step forward.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote