HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

who is your least favorite ranger ever

Old
06-19-2008, 02:50 PM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Thinking about it, I hate Jamie Lundmark for being such a total disappointment.
Wow I forgot about Lundmark. He seems like the guy who just never put enough effort into his game and whined like a little baby when things didn't go his way

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 02:51 PM
GOONSQUAD

Send a message via AIM to GOONSQUAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Oliwa was a Ranger...........totally forgot that one

and i would say i dont hate many but Hollweg takes the cake right now.....sick of the dumb penalties that cost games....................What I hate is all the stupid deals they made for old players

Seriously Marchant, Norstrom, Weight, Amonte, Zidliky, the list goes on over the years..................keep the freaking youth Einsteins

Weight and Amonte brought us the cup tho.. I was pissed when they traded them away but.....

GOONSQUAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 03:05 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

I was wrong before....

My least favorite Rangers player was Brendan Shanahan....

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 03:18 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I find it hard to hate players for what they do on the ice. Off the ice is a different story. I hate any player who made the Ranger organization look bad:

- Fleury
- Stevens
- Quintal
- Tibbets

06-19-2008, 03:21 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I find it hard to hate players for what they do on the ice. Off the ice is a different story. I hate any player who made the Ranger organization look bad:

- Fleury
- Stevens
- Quintal
- Tibbets
used to be my favorite player, then he decided to do some drugs

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 03:25 PM
MortUWary
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Carkner never beat Gillies. Sorry you might have the wrong guy he was fighting but it never took place Beck jumped in and nothing was thrown
Hey Dagoon... Bubba wasn't on the team at the same time as Carkner. I'm pretty sure that the fight was either in pre-season or early in the 86-87season, but # 38 definitely beat Clark Gillies, who was at the end of his career at that point. With the Sabres, I think...

MortUWary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 03:27 PM
chosen

Carol Vadnais
Avery
Purinton (Funny how everyone claims to hate him now considering that he was a crowd fave)

I'm sure there are more but they are the only three Rangers I ever remember disliking.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 03:28 PM
Tomas Sandstrom 28

Nedved

I got angry just typing his name

Tomas Sandstrom 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 03:31 PM
Fletch

Hate's a strong word...

and I don't blame some of the players because it was the GM who brought them into the organization and the coach who played them. Was not a fan of many...McSorley, Kurri and Churla, to name a useless trio for starters. Fedyk. Popovic. Hatcher. Nedved (just wasn't a fan of his). Driver. Kamensky. Ozo. I'm sure a few said Toms, but I actually rooted him on, especially after his hattrick.

Fletch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortUWary View Post
Hey Dagoon... Bubba wasn't on the team at the same time as Carkner. I'm pretty sure that the fight was either in pre-season or early in the 86-87season, but # 38 definitely beat Clark Gillies, who was at the end of his career at that point. With the Sabres, I think...
Nov 12 Buf-NYR Clark Gillies is the date for the fight. I am 100% wrong and maybe I am thinking of Steve Richmond not Carkner here is the fight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioMM60C8sw8

Most hated
Sandy MCarthy

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:

- Fleury
- Stevens
- Quintal
- Tibbets

Not that it means anything but i've met Kevin Stevens a few times over the years and he was always all class...what he did was a terrible mistake but he's a very nice guy...

Old
06-19-2008, 03:43 PM
AJ1982

Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
Quote:

- Fleury
- Stevens
- Quintal
- Tibbets
Wow, really? I mean, some people just have problems. I always tried to judge players based on what they actually did at work (on the ice). Tibbets might be the exception due to his criminal history. But a guy like fleury who had some serious problems, sexual abuse might be one reason, I always felt a little sympathy for that.

AJ1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 03:45 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1982 View Post
Wow, really? I mean, some people just have problems. I always tried to judge players based on what they actually did at work (on the ice). Tibbets might be the exception due to his criminal history. But a guy like fleury who had some serious problems, sexual abuse might be one reason, I always felt a little sympathy for that.
Fleury i thought was ok as a ranger, he at least had heart, kamensky and quintal were crap and kevin stevens sucked and bruce driver although i must admit i did like John MacLean.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 03:48 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Jeff Bloemberg

Brent Fedyk

Mikko Lenninen (sp)? April 10, 1984. His **** up along the boards allowed Ken Morrow to score the overtime goal that eliminated the Rangers. The Isles went on to the finals. I proceeded to get in a real bad fight that night and got kicked out of Marist college. Community college became my destiny.

Life changing event that is easier to blame on him than myself.

Were any of you clowns even alive in 84???

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 03:53 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
Jeff Bloemberg

Brent Fedyk

Mikko Lenninen (sp)? April 10, 1984. His **** up along the boards allowed Ken Morrow to score the overtime goal that eliminated the Rangers. The Isles went on to the finals. I proceeded to get in a real bad fight that night and got kicked out of Marist college. Community college became my destiny.

to think...i didn't get kicked out of marist college...lol although i was there from 96-99way after 84...

Old
06-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Used to love Purinton when in his first couple seasons, but I lost respect for the guy as time went by. He just didn't enforce by the code, plain and simple.

Three incidents stand out.

1st was against the Caps. Steven Peat was in the lineup. He and Purinton were aquainted well from their AHL days. They were on the ice together and just about everyone knew they were going to go. What happens, Peat has his back to him, and purinton skates up to him, and crosschecks the guy right in the mouth. As if that wasn't bad enough, he then gets the jump on him and start firing away punches before Peat is even set.

2nd was against Atlanta. Francis Lessard was with the Thrash at the time. Purinton was taking some liberties that game. Lessard came over to address the issue. Purinton fake glove drops. Lessard drops his gloves. Purinton pretends uninterested and goes to skate away. Lessard bends down to pick up his gloves. Purinton proceeds to suckerpunch the guy with repeated right hands as Lessard is picking his mitts off the ice.

3rd and worst of all. Purinton suckers Eric Cairns in front of the Rangers net. He TKO's cairns, while he is not ready for it. As Cairns goes down, and is stunned on the ice, Purinton continues to throw punches.

In the highly anticipated rematch, the papers talk up the fight. ESPN talks up the fight. Everyone knew it was going to happen. The game starts, Purinton and Cairns comes together, and Purinton turtles after Cairns drops the gloves. It was a total gutless move!

Peter Nedved is up there for me. Guy took way too many nights off. He was arguably the most talented guy on the team in each of his stints here, but he didn;t have the heart to go with it.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 04:01 PM
DontStepanMe

Sammy Sosa...

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 04:06 PM
MortUWary
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Nov 12 Buf-NYR Clark Gillies is the date for the fight. I am 100% wrong and maybe I am thinking of Steve Richmond not Carkner here is the fight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioMM60C8sw8

Most hated
Sandy MCarthy
Nice find, dag. I guess I had a little revisionist history on that one, but perhaps I was happy that he didn't get his butt kicked

MortUWary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 04:09 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1982 View Post
I'm not judging them. I'm not saying they were/are bad guys. But whatever the reason they embarrassed the franchise.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 04:09 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
Not that it means anything but i've met Kevin Stevens a few times over the years and he was always all class...what he did was a terrible mistake but he's a very nice guy...
I have no reason to doubt that he is a good guy.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 04:38 PM
trench23

What? No Zarlie Zalapsky?

trench23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 04:42 PM
trench23

Quote:
to think...i didn't get kicked out of marist college...lol although i was there from 96-99way after 84...

Marist Alumn here too! 98-02

trench23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 04:46 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
I was wrong before....

My least favorite Rangers player was Brendan Shanahan....
your going to hell for saying that

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 04:54 PM
JerseyRangers

My top 5 would be:

5. Willie Huber
4. Valerie Kamsucky
3. Mike Keane & Brian Skrudland
2. Dave Karpa
1. Igor Ulanov

Really some great FA signings in that bunch. What a complete waste of money. I would have taken alot less to stink up the ice like those guys did. Brings back some sad memories as a Rangers fan!!

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 06:06 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
Jeff Bloemberg

Brent Fedyk

Morrow's goal wasn't his fault at all. The problem was that an Islander, I believe it was Tonelli, used his hands to hold two Rangers against the boards that created the space for Morrow to get off his shot.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote