HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Pierre Macguire - Habs heavily pursuing a forward in the Western Conference

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-19-2008, 12:37 PM
  #301
Stefan_Latulippe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Isn't there a John Le Carré novel that starts exactly like ?

Or maybe it was a Secret Sam commercial...
Good one! All I know is that Georges Gillette bought a condo there last year...

Stefan_Latulippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 12:40 PM
  #302
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 14,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label View Post
You guys wouldn't want Joe Thornton ? Am i reading this right ? I mean yes he was "tainted" by the Bruins and his performence in the playoffs is questionnable but he's still one of the top 10 center in the league and we would be nuts to not take him.

Hell , i'd trade Plekanec + ??? for him in a an heartbeat and i wouldn't even think twice about it.
I wouldn't even trade a 3rd rounder for him. He's a heartless hack who gets by floating during the regular season because he's hard to knock off the puck and has vision. Then he crumbles ALL THE TIME when it counts most. This team does not need more players unwilling to sacrifice during the playoffs. Heartless puke is what he is. He could win the next 10 Art Ross trophies and he'd still choke in the playoffs and be a loser for life.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 01:50 PM
  #303
Artie
Registered User
 
Artie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal, Que
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe View Post
I work accross the street from the Bell Cneter and right after lunch (12:40), 2 men passed me by and both were coming from the Bell Center and walking toward the hotel accross the street (Le Crystal). Both of them had laptop cases with the NHL Logo on it...
Did they go by the names Jake and Elwood by any chance?

Artie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 02:58 PM
  #304
Drive425
Registered User
 
Drive425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: St Louis Du Haha
Country: Malta
Posts: 1,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I wouldn't even trade a 3rd rounder for him. He's a heartless hack who gets by floating during the regular season because he's hard to knock off the puck and has vision. Then he crumbles ALL THE TIME when it counts most. This team does not need more players unwilling to sacrifice during the playoffs. Heartless puke is what he is. He could win the next 10 Art Ross trophies and he'd still choke in the playoffs and be a loser for life.
So I guess what your trying to say is you're on the fence when it comes to Thornton.

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 03:07 PM
  #305
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL
 
YMCMBeaulieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,414
vCash: 500
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/...nes_hordichuk/

Hordichuk's rights for a 5th rounder????

Bob please deal the rights to Streit and Ryder then.

YMCMBeaulieu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 03:12 PM
  #306
Drive425
Registered User
 
Drive425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: St Louis Du Haha
Country: Malta
Posts: 1,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/...nes_hordichuk/

Hordichuk's rights for a 5th rounder????

Bob please deal the rights to Streit and Ryder then.
There would be complaints if he did and if he didn't trade the rights. Just no pleasing us!

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 03:15 PM
  #307
Doc Hock
Registered User
 
Doc Hock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 765
vCash: 500
on the Hordichuk trade....they will give back a 5th rounder if they sign him

doc hock

Doc Hock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 03:15 PM
  #308
David_99
Registered User
 
David_99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post
There would be complaints if he did and if he didn't trade the rights. Just no pleasing us!
He should trade Ryder's rights to VanCity. Away from Boston & Toronto.

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 03:18 PM
  #309
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL
 
YMCMBeaulieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Hock View Post
on the Hordichuk trade....they will give back a 5th rounder if they sign him

doc hock
if they do NOT sign him they will.

YMCMBeaulieu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 03:20 PM
  #310
Mue
Registered User
 
Mue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
if they do NOT sign him they will.
5th in 2010 I think.

A 5th in 2010 for the chance to negotiate with Hordichuk? Am I reading that correctly?

Mue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 03:51 PM
  #311
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
5th in 2010 I think.

A 5th in 2010 for the chance to negotiate with Hordichuk? Am I reading that correctly?
He's a chuk, man. Chuk's have a lot of value.

Kovalchuk, Andreychuk, Howerchuk. Hordichuk.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 03:52 PM
  #312
Tusk
Registered User
 
Tusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
He's a chuk, man. Chuk's have a lot of value.

Kovalchuk, Andreychuk, Howerchuk. Hordichuk.
Hamrchuk

Tusk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 04:23 PM
  #313
GNick42
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,427
vCash: 500
If it is Higgins and O'Bryne for Gaborik to you guys like it or hate it?

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 04:52 PM
  #314
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,529
vCash: 500
like it very much!

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 04:54 PM
  #315
Kachino
Registered User
 
Kachino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: China
Posts: 5,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
He's a chuk, man. Chuk's have a lot of value.

Kovalchuk, Andreychuk, Howerchuk. Hordichuk.
Datschuk?

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 04:55 PM
  #316
Lord Horse
Next Day's News
 
Lord Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Full City
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
If it is Higgins and O'Bryne for Gaborik to you guys like it or hate it?
Only a fool would turn that down.

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 05:25 PM
  #317
Qui Gon Dave
Registered User
 
Qui Gon Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cheshire, England
Country: England
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
If it is Higgins and O'Bryne for Gaborik to you guys like it or hate it?
I wouldn't like to lose such promising young players as Higgins and O'Byrne in general, but if the return is Marian Gaborik, I'd move on pretty darn quickly to looking forward to next year.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 05:26 PM
  #318
Artie
Registered User
 
Artie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal, Que
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,101
vCash: 500
I think we should forget the Gaborik scenario. I don't think the Wild believe the Habs have the assets that they'd be willing to part with in order to acquire Gaborik. (i.e. not good partners ).

Artie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 05:28 PM
  #319
Kachino
Registered User
 
Kachino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: China
Posts: 5,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
I think we should forget the Gaborik scenario. I don't think the Wild believe the Habs have the assets that they'd be willing to part with in order to acquire Gaborik. (i.e. not good partners ).
Not even when the management teams are all former Habs?

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 05:33 PM
  #320
Artie
Registered User
 
Artie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal, Que
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachino82 View Post
Not even when the management teams are all former Habs?
Not all former roomates are destined to be good partners

Artie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 06:11 PM
  #321
sampollock
Registered User
 
sampollock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: in my home
Posts: 6,976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label View Post
You guys wouldn't want Joe Thornton ? Am i reading this right ? I mean yes he was "tainted" by the Bruins and his performence in the playoffs is questionnable but he's still one of the top 10 center in the league and we would be nuts to not take him.

Hell , i'd trade Plekanec + ??? for him in a an heartbeat and i wouldn't even think twice about it.
joe would be just fine.

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.