HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Bourret

Old
06-17-2008, 04:18 PM
Nich

vCash: 500
he has a bunch of time left

1st year - showed up in terrible shape
2nd year - showed up in great shape, but not hockey shape, then had injuries
3rd year - i have a feeling he is going to be a monster in camp and make it to final cuts...

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 04:29 PM
NYR Viper

the thing with bourret is that he plays a hell of a lot bigger than he actually is....he isnt like drury or gomez or dawes or prucha....he is a bowling ball and he throws big hits when he is healthy and he fights....he has sweet hands and there are times when you can see why he was drafted in the first round......

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 07:14 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
I think he worked out but I believe there was some grumblings about working out the wrong way or something along those lines. My memory is a little fuzzy.
I remember reading something about that.... Only thing I can imagine is that he was instructed to work on something (like cardio/stamina) and he focused on something else (bulking up/adding mass)...

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 10:06 PM
Nemchinov13

If we wouldn't have moved up to grab Staal, I thought that Bourret would've fallen to us at 15. And lo and behold he was picked at 15.

Nemchinov13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 09:14 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Bruce Berlet of the Hartford Courant had this to say about Bourret in the latest issue of Blueshirt Bulletin:

Quote:
...has a lot of things ot focus on in the summer to be prepared for training camp. It starts with conditioning, which is something an athlete can do in the summer if he wants to improve. Without that, you can't participate in the AHL or NHL. It's a competitive field and everybody wants to give themselves every edge. If you're not going to do the things to be in good shape, it's almost impossible for you to keep pace. He had a lot of injuries, a concussion that didn't allow him to work out, so he fell back. He has to improve in the offseason.

Old
06-19-2008, 09:28 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Bruce Berlet of the Hartford Courant had this to say about Bourret in the latest issue of Blueshirt Bulletin:
Hello? Is this thing on? From page 1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Here's a quote from Ken Gernander on Bourret from this month's Blueshirt Bulletin:

Quote:
He didn't have a great season and has a lot of things to focus on in the summer to be prepared for training camp. It starts with conditioning, which is something an athlete can do in the summer if he wans to improve. Without that, you can't participate in the AHL or NHL. It's a competitive field and everybody wants to give themselves every edge. If you're not going to do those things to be in good shape, it's almost impossible for you to keep pace. He had a lot of injuries, a concussion that didn't allow him to work out, so he fell back. He has to improve in the offseason.
For the record, those are Ken Gernander's words, not Bruce Berlet's.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 09:54 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

My reading comprehension isn't so good on the toilet!

I just skipped to the player profiles... And I didn't read every post in this thread obviously...