HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2008 Offseason Rumor/Trade proposal Thread (Cont.)

Old
06-20-2008, 07:56 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500

Quote:
NEW YORK POST: Larry Brooks reports Rangers GM Glen Sather has told the agents for Jaromir Jagr, Brendan Shanahan, Sean Avery, Martin Straka and Michal Roszival that he has no intention of tendering them contract offers before July 1st, making them UFAs free to entertain offers from elsewhere. Sather will check in with Jagr and Shanahan but he won’t be inviting Avery back and will try to replace Roszival. Sather might consider signing Darcy Tucker if he’s bought out by the Leafs, could pursue Brian Campbell, Wade Redden or Brooks Orpik if they’re available, and might have interest in Vancouver’s Ryan Kesler or LA’s Mike Cammalleri.
Wow. Sather has balls of steel.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 08:08 AM
Vitto79

Sather is playing hard ball which i am totally fine with

If Avery and Shanny go with the rest of them I am fine with it

Jagr has to be resigned cause the rest of the FA group stinks

I think they are going big on D...........start the Campbell to NY rumors!!!...........makes sense to me since he played in the State and is buds with Drury

I don't want to hear anything saying he will cost to much blah blah.......u want a #1 D man for yrs to come well their he is....................Redden is the next best available but Campbell is way better at this pt

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 08:16 AM
NYR Viper

campbell is not a #1 defenseman.....offensively he is...defensively he is below average....even in buffalo he was playing second pairing....he will be getting signed by SJ.....and if he isnt shouldnt thayt say something?....SJ traded their first and bernier for him and they did well in the playoffs and yet they dont want to sign him?......

redden/liles and orpik

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 08:25 AM
beastly115

Without Jagr, Straka, Shanny, Avery, and Rozsival:

.... - Gomez - ....
Dawes - Drury - .....
Prucha - Dubinsky - Callahan
Sjostrom - Betts - Orr

Staal - .....
Girardi - Tyutin
Backman - .....

Lundy

That's the lineup of our signed players. Until Backman is waived/traded/drowned, he's still on the team as far as I'm concerned. I'd like to see Mara resigned for that spot but whatever. That leaves us needing 3 wingers and 2 d-men.

I'm assuming Korpedo will take one of the winger spots so that leaves us in need of two wingers to get signed. If Anisimov makes the team, he can center a line and Drury can be moved to wing which leaves us with one winger to acquire via trade/UFA.

For D, I'm not fond of Campbell so I'll take Redden (6M) to play with Staal. Sign Orpik (4M). Resign Valliquette (0.5M?).

Not sure about the cap numbers but it should work. Now we have:

Dawes - Gomez - UFA/trade
Drury - Dubinsky - Korpedo
Prucha - Anisimov - Callahan
Sjostrom - Betts - Orr

Staal - Redden
Girardi - Tyutin
Backman - Orpik

Lundy
Valli

Defense - Switch out Backman for Mara and I like it a lot.

Offense - Unless we sign Hossa, we're going to be a low scoring team. The only player with any consistency is Gomez and with those supporting wingers, I doubt he'll be able to keep it up.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 08:40 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
i think we are overpaying actually. It seems as San Jose is trying to get rid of Cheechoo, so why would we give them a very good #3 defensman when Cheechoo is only capable of notching 20 goals on THORNTONS wing, let alone Gomez. I'd do prucha and a 3rd for him nothing more.
Are you high? He scored 56 on Thorntons wing two seasons ago, almost 40 last year and 23 this year because he was injured and was recovering from hernia surgery.

Sather would take that deal and run like hell, because we'd be fleecing San Jose.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 08:46 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Are you high? He scored 56 on Thorntons wing two seasons ago, almost 40 last year and 23 this year because he was injured and was recovering from hernia surgery.

Sather would take that deal and run like hell, because we'd be fleecing San Jose.
if we were to deal for cheechoo id love to snag doug murray who is also from sweden like lundqvist. Although from Sweden, Murray never played for team Sweden at any level. I find that a bit odd.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 08:55 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post

.... - Gomez - ....
Dawes - Drury - .....
Sjostrom - Betts - Orr

Staal - .....
Girardi - Tyutin
Backman - .....

Lundy

That's the lineup of our signed players. Until Backman is waived/traded/drowned, he's still on the team as far as I'm concerned. I'd like to see Mara resigned for that spot but whatever. That leaves us needing 3 wingers and 2 d-men.

I'm assuming Korpedo will take one of the winger spots so that leaves us in need of two wingers to get signed. If Anisimov makes the team, he can center a line and Drury can be moved to wing which leaves us with one winger to acquire via trade/UFA.

For D, I'm not fond of Campbell so I'll take Redden (6M) to play with Staal. Sign Orpik (4M). Resign Valliquette (0.5M?).

Sjostrom - Betts - Orr

Staal - Redden
Girardi - Tyutin
Backman - Orpik

Lundy
Valli

Offense - Unless we sign Hossa, we're going to be a low scoring team. The only player with any consistency is Gomez and with those supporting wingers, I doubt he'll be able to keep it up.
i like the defense...but i would rather give potter the chance to play as he is 24 and if he cant make it now, he shoul dbe let go...but i think he will be a god #6 or #5

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 09:51 AM
nyrangers23

i keep hearing rangers might make a big trade but i really dont see who they could be getting. maybe boumester? would love to see him on the rangers. anyone have any ideas?(logical ideas)

nyrangers23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 09:53 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:

Link to the previous thread:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=517830

06-20-2008, 10:02 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrangers23 View Post
i keep hearing rangers might make a big trade but i really dont see who they could be getting. maybe boumester? would love to see him on the rangers. anyone have any ideas?(logical ideas)
Logic tends to be in short supply around here.

I'd imagine Sather is probably looking at anyone he can. However, I think I'd put my money on 'the big trade' being for a sniper or high-scoring power forward. The UFA pool is lousy, but its 'less-lousy' for defensemen, if that makes any sense. Redden, Liles and possibly Campbell if he comes cheaper would be good moves.

Old
06-20-2008, 10:03 AM
TheHotRock

i would take cheechoo to play with gomez. its either that or wait to sign gionta next year. I'd be content with these as my top two lines:

Dawes-Gomer-Cheechoo
Drury-Dubi-Jagr

drury and jags need a long look with each other. remember how well kip miller played with Jags? Isn't Drury the filthy rich man's kip miller?

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 10:06 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
i would take cheechoo to play with gomez. its either that or wait to sign gionta next year. I'd be content with these as my top two lines:

Dawes-Gomer-Cheechoo
Drury-Dubi-Jagr

drury and jags need a long look with each other. remember how well kip miller played with Jags? Isn't Drury the filthy rich man's kip miller?
isn't cheechoo slow as hell.... i don't see him being a good fit at all for Gomez if he is as gomez needs very speedy wingers

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 10:09 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:

Dawes-Gomer-Cheechoo
Drury-Dubi-Jagr

I actually don't mind those lines. Not much grit up there though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
isn't cheechoo slow as hell.... i don't see him being a good fit at all for Gomez if he is as gomez needs very speedy wingers
Actually he's pretty fast I believe. He just slowed his game down a little because Thornton isn't exactly Speed Racer.

Old
06-20-2008, 10:11 AM
TheHotRock

Malkin proposal (value wise)

now, i know malkin will never be traded to the rangers, I just wanna see if i'm in the ballpark value-wise.....feel free to critique, but please no "this is never gonna happen, *******" posts.

to pit- Staal, Cherepanov, two first rounders, Dawes, Lundvist
to NYR- Malkin, MA Fleury, 2nd rounder

it looks pretty fair to me

Old
06-20-2008, 10:11 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
now, i know malkin will never be traded to the rangers, I just wanna see if i'm in the ballpark value-wise.....feel free to critique, but please no "this is never gonna happen, *******" posts.

We get fleeced. Big time. This is gonna get moved.

Old
06-20-2008, 10:12 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
WAY TOO OVERPAYMENT

and christ just looking at that gives me a heart attack.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 10:13 AM
TheHotRock

you really think an ything less than that would land you a top 5 p layer in this league?

i'm not so sure.

how would you change it?

Old
06-20-2008, 10:14 AM
John Torturella

Quote:

Not even close. I doubt many people here would trade Henrik straight up for Malkin, nonetheless with Staal and Cherepanov.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 10:17 AM
Jay88*

Quote:

Dawes-Gomer-Cheechoo
Drury-Dubi-Jagr

NO Gionta. NTYR dont need any more small wingers. i dont care if he has played with Gomez,thats just my opinion..
Quote:

Did that work in your NHL 2008 season. It makes no sense to me,to be honest.It dont look fair to me .Giving up Staal, Cherry and 2 first rounder, plus Lundqvist.Whats wrong with you. You think Malkin and Fluery are worth all that. I sure dont. I mean Malkin looks great, but I dont give up all that,for anyone.

Jay88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 10:18 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:

ur a pens fan i hope

Old
06-20-2008, 10:21 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
you really think an ything less than that would land you a top 5 p layer in this league?

i'm not so sure.

how would you change it?
We don't have the assets to go after Malkin without depleting our team. Plus, I can't imagine Shero dealing one of the best players in the league to a division rival unless we overpaid by a ton.

Gomez, Tyutin + 1st 08 + 2nd 09

Malkin + Goligoski

Only way I'd do it, and even then I'm not sure I'd be confident with it.

Old
06-20-2008, 10:23 AM
slim399

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post

.... - Gomez - ....
Dawes - Drury - .....
Sjostrom - Betts - Orr

Staal - .....
Girardi - Tyutin
Backman - .....

Lundy

Sjostrom - Betts - Orr

Staal - Redden
Girardi - Tyutin
Backman - Orpik

Lundy
Valli

I really like the looks of that Dubinsky line. I think no matter what we have to give Korpedo a give good long chance to play with Drury! I really think his speed will be a great comlement.

For some reason I just can't see Anisimov centering the third line... but i was thinking same thing about Dubinsky entering camp last year and we all saw how that worked out. For some other crazy reason I would love to see Anisimov on the leftwing! and being a great physical sound player to mesh with Gomez and a big time scorer. would love to see us stack up left to center like this... we would have to add some big time scoring down the right side though...

Anisimov-Gomez
Avery-Dubinsky
Korpikoski-Drury

slim399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 10:47 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

if we are going to lose avery for some reason. how about signing big geogre laraque. id love to have him on the rangers and him and sather go way back.

Old
06-20-2008, 10:54 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
if we are going to lose avery for some reason. how about signing big geogre laraque. id love to have him on the rangers and him and sather go way back.
please no. He is worthless. Coyotes fans thought he would be useful and he wasn't. We don't need him.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 11:03 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
please no. He is worthless. Coyotes fans thought he would be useful and he wasn't. We don't need him.
13 pts 141 pim. he will only be 32. a 2 year deal wont be bad.