HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2008 Offseason Rumor/Trade proposal Thread (Cont.)

Old
06-20-2008, 11:03 AM
Nich

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
if we are going to lose avery for some reason. how about signing big geogre laraque. id love to have him on the rangers and him and sather go way back.
why????? seriously? give me one reason we want another fighter when we have orr already??????????

come on man, make sense!

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 11:09 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
why????? seriously? give me one reason we want another fighter when we have orr already??????????

come on man, make sense!
its not even the end of June and people are going delusional....we r in for a long summer...

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 11:16 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
if we are going to lose avery for some reason. how about signing big geogre laraque. id love to have him on the rangers and him and sather go way back.
Avery =/= Laraque

Avery is an agitator and decent scoring threat. Laraque is an enforcer type. We already have Orr, and probably Byers for that.

Gary Roberts would be a closer fit, but I don't want that classless old fart on our team.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 11:17 AM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
its not even the end of June and people are going delusional....we r in for a long summer...
if i have to read RCallahan43 posts all summer, it will be. and he is always delusional...

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 11:23 AM
beastly115

There's been reports that Jokinen will be dealt today. If Florida wants to go into rebuild mode, JBo may be available.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 11:26 AM
McRanger23

If we are going to lose Avery, a suitable replacement, i think, would be Ryan Kesler. In the article it said that he may be available and he has a great contract. HoweverI dont know what it would take to get him.

McRanger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 11:38 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDrury23 View Post
If we are going to lose Avery, a suitable replacement, i think, would be Ryan Kesler. In the article it said that he may be available and he has a great contract. HoweverI dont know what it would take to get him.
dubinsky prucha to start i would think, dubinsky would be too much

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 12:22 PM
McRanger23

How about Jokinen? He would be a good offensive replacement for Jagr and could play wing on Gomez line. Would Anisimov+Sanguinetti+1st 08+2nd 09 do it. Also I think the Rangers will sign one of Campbell or Redden, most likely Campbell because of his freindship with Drury. And if Avery leaves, which it is looking more and more like it will happen every day, the Rangers will sign Darcy Tucker, which isn't to bad. I also think the Rangers will try hard to sign Brooks Orpik. I alos think that Slats will make a trade with noe of his buddies like Lowe for a third line center like Stoll

Last edited by McRanger23: 06-20-2008 at 12:28 PM.
McRanger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 12:34 PM
Vitto79

Sooooo how about working out a Deal with Carolina for Cole and/or Williams

That would spark things up

Also I would be ok with a deal for a Centre that would move Drury to the Right side of Gomez with Dawes

With that here is a lineup i created haha........sign Morrison out of Vancouver and Satan from the Isles for cheap

Spend money on D with Campbell as the BIG FA move

Satan, Dubinsky, Jagr
Dawes , Gomez, Drury
Prucha, Morrison, Callahan
Sjostrom ,Betts, Moore, Orr, Jamtin

Campbell, Staal
Tyuyin, Girardi
Potter, Backman, cheap FA Dman or minor trade

i think this is feasible...........most of the money goes to Campbell and then give Satan and Morrison affordable deals since they had off yrs

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 12:50 PM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
That's what pisses me off. Why deplete prospect pools speculating about trading for players that aren't even as good as the ones they would replace. Just sign Jagr and Avery and don't sign any of the other bums and promote from within. Maybe sign Campbell. We have enough cap space if we don't waste our money resigning any of the mediocre defensemen from our team whose contracts are up. I need not mention their names ever again hopefully. Just sign Avery. YOU HAVE TO SIGN HIM. His presence in relation to our winning record is not an intangible statistic that you can overlook.

MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 12:51 PM
NYR Viper

how many people here have actually seen campbell play consistently?.......

HE IS BAD DEFENSIVELY!!!!
not just average.....BAD....he consistently is caught out of position and is weak in the corners....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 12:57 PM
Vitto79

Rumor on this board of Prucha and the 20th pick for Vancouvers 10th

suuuuuuuuure!.......plus it clears some more cap space for siging more FA's

Old
06-20-2008, 01:04 PM
JayMan82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post

I also heard we might add Hollweg to the deal for Ryan Kesler and a 7th rounder...

JayMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 01:06 PM
JayMan82

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post

not just average.....BAD....he consistently is caught out of position and is weak in the corners....
Not that I've seen, and I watch A LOT of hockey... Sign him and pair Soupy with Staal, then you got a 1st pair for a LONNNG time... Marc will also have a new rockband partner...

JayMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 01:08 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:

Like I said in the other thread, Slats is a miracle worker if he pulls that off.

Where it gets really interesting though, is whether or not Sather does that to just get a better pick, or make a trade package more enticing.

God I love this time of year, haha.

Old
06-20-2008, 01:15 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:

A while a ago I had a conversation with somebody that the Lightning might be interested in an enforcer and Orr was on the radar. Now with Stamkos going there, and Andre Roy pushing thirtysomething I could see some truth to it.

In the past Sather has expressed interest in obtaining Laraque. He is probably the only enforcer in the game that logged more icetime that Orr did last season, cept for maybe Fedoruk. I could see something like this going down. Slats loves his enforcers.

Maybe Sather is trying to work a deal involving with Tampa, say for their 3rd rounder? Then sign BGL.

But...for the record, I would take Colton Orr over Laraque anyday. Not becuase I think he is a better fighter. But, I like having a guy that enforcers on the teams needs, and not by his own terms, ala BGL. Orr at this stage of the game is certainly the more active fighter of the two.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 01:15 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post

I don't think he is the worst d-man out there, but at the same time, he really isn't the player we need. He is a PP QB, and he likes to carry the puck out of the zone. What we really need is a guy who is mobile on the PP, has a hard, accurate shot and is capable of making a solid breakout pass. However, if Jagr doesn't return, that leaves one of our PP units without a QB. In that case I think the option becomes JM Liles or a trade.

Old
06-20-2008, 01:19 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMan82 View Post
I also heard we might add Hollweg to the deal for Ryan Kesler and a 7th rounder...

hardy har har........Hollweg for the 7th yes............man he better get dealt in the next 24 hrs..........Darcy Freaking Hordichuk was worth a 5th to Carolina for god sakes , what!

Old
06-20-2008, 01:21 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
A while a ago I had a conversation with somebody that the Lightning might be interested in an enforcer and Orr was on the radar. Now with Stamkos going there, and Andre Roy pushing thirtysomething I could see some truth to it.

In the past Sather has expressed interest in obtaining Laraque. He is probably the only enforcer in the game that logged more icetime that Orr did last season, cept for maybe Fedoruk. I could see something like this going down. Slats loves his enforcers.

Maybe Sather is trying to work a deal involving with Tampa, say for their 3rd rounder? Then sign BGL.

But...for the record, I would take Colton Orr over Laraque anyday. Not becuase I think he is a better fighter. But, I like having a guy that enforcers on the teams needs, and not by his own terms, ala BGL. Orr at this stage of the game is certainly the more active fighter of the two.

I think if Orr gets moved it's more to clear a roster spot for Dane Byers to be the enforcer.............and if so I am ok with that cause Byers and Moore should be on the team now...........Korpikoski can go down for one more yr and be called up during the yr

Old
06-20-2008, 01:44 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
I think if Orr gets moved it's more to clear a roster spot for Dane Byers to be the enforcer.............and if so I am ok with that cause Byers and Moore should be on the team now...........Korpikoski can go down for one more yr and be called up during the yr
I highly doubt that would happen with Byers as enforcer. Two reasons. One, Sather clearly throughout hius tenure has always employed a top heavyweight. While Byers is willing, he is not a true enforcer. Plus, Dolan's comments a while back about Orr being in the lineup pretty much cemented him on the Rangers roster for the past couple seasons. If he was gone, I am almost positive that the team would employ another one that is able to take on the Heavy's. If Orr was out, and Laraque didn't come over, i think Gratton would ge tthat job over Byers.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 02:11 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
I highly doubt that would happen with Byers as enforcer. Two reasons. One, Sather clearly throughout hius tenure has always employed a top heavyweight. While Byers is willing, he is not a true enforcer. Plus, Dolan's comments a while back about Orr being in the lineup pretty much cemented him on the Rangers roster for the past couple seasons. If he was gone, I am almost positive that the team would employ another one that is able to take on the Heavy's. If Orr was out, and Laraque didn't come over, i think Gratton would ge tthat job over Byers.
id rather have gratton over hollweg on the team next year. at least gratton has little more skill although not that much buts its more than hollweg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKAaRyEApgY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGbsJ...eature=related

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 02:15 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
id rather have gratton over hollweg on the team next year. at least gratton has little more skill although not that much buts its more than hollweg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKAaRyEApgY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGbsJ...eature=related

REALLY,,,,,,,,,,was Orr a heavy weight off the bat?............nope............u have to start somewhere and Byers is due to come up soon

Old
06-20-2008, 02:29 PM
bathgate

TSN reports Canadians have permission to speak with Sundin

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 02:32 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathgate View Post
TSN reports Canadians have permission to speak with Sundin
Well of course they do, it's a free country after all.

Sorry, needed at least one Canadians vs Canadiens joke for today.

But yeah, it's true.

Link

Old
06-20-2008, 02:36 PM
bathgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Well of course they do, it's a free country after all.

Sorry, needed at least one Canadians vs Canadiens joke for today.

But yeah, it's true.

Link
As my kids say, plus one!

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote