1. Tampa Bay - Steven Stamkos - A no brainer. Feaster might trade this if Malkin is being dangled but i doubt it.
2. Los Angeles - Zach Bogosian - The most complete defenseman in the draft. He has skill, physical abilities and all the tools to be the next Chris Pronger/ Rob Blake. They have too many offensive defensemen to draft Doughty.
3. Atlanta - Nikita Filatov - He is the dynamic player for Kovalchuk to play with. They will get a good defenseman with their other pick.
4. St. Louis - Mikkel Boedker - After drafting Johnson, they'll want to draft the next best forward. Speedster Boedker would make a great line with speedster TJ Oshie.
5. New York - Colin Wilson - Wang is big on guys who have good pedigree. They would love Wilson's potential.
6. Columbus - Drew Doughty - self explanatory. They have no real quality defenseman in the pipeline. 2nd best defenseman in the draft.
7. Toronto - Luke Shenn - this is the kind of defenseman that the Leafs need to build around. The human eraser is the future captain of the Leafs.
8. Phoenix - Tyler Myers - the Coyotes are slack jawed for tall hockey players. This guy fits the bill. Drafting the Yao Ming of hockey only makes sense.
9. Nashville - Alex Peitrangelo - they draft him and trade one of Suter or Weber. Very mature game and very close to the NHL.
10. Vancouver - Greg Nemisz - tall powerforward that isn't overly physical. He's raw but he has all the tools be a good player in the NHL.
11. Chicago Blackhawks - Mattias Tedenby - too many centres and not enough top line wingers. Tedenby is a diminutive sweedish winger who is probably one of the most skilled players in the entire draft. Favourable comparisons to Martin St.Louis
12. Anaheim - David Carle - he hits his top speed in 2 steps. he's diminutive but physical. Reminds me of a young Brian Campbell. Younger brother of Matt Carle.
13. Buffalo - Cody Hodgson - mini Chris Drury. He's a skilled center who can play the point on the PP.
14. Carolina - Joshua Bailey - playmaking centerman who plays with a little bit of grit. Can also quaterback a powerplay.
15. Nashville - Chet Pickard - Best goalie in the draft. They need the goaltending depth.
16. Boston - Michael Del Zotto - what Boston needs is solid dman and this what they get out of Del Zotto who is a threat at both ends of the ice.
17. Calgary Flames - Yann Sauve - big strong defenseman who think he plays the game like Dion Phaneuf. He fought Stamkos in the prospects. Touted as one of the best defensemen in the QMJHL already.
18. Ottawa - Jared Staal - they'll take him because he's got a great projectable body and has enormous potential. Needs work but is going to make the NHL one day.
19. Columbus - Kyle Beach - the first line center for Rick Nash. Has attitude problems but his style will work well with Nash's style.
20. New York Rangers - Tyler Cuma - good compliment for Staal. Two way and leadership abilities. A competitor.
21. New Jersey - Jakob Markstrom - Brodeur's heir apparent. Kari Lethonen the 2nd.
22. Edmonton - Mikhail Stefanovich - the Oilers will take a risk on this guy. When he's on, he's a dominating presence. Could come out as one of the best forwards in the draft. Needs a lot of coaching.
23. Washington - Zac Boychuk - Offensive injection to the Ovechkin show. Probably top 5 offensive player in the draft. Steal at 23.
24. Minnesota - Jordan Eberle - smart and quick centerman. Smart player who just gets the job done.
25. Montreal - Kirill Petrov - a poor man's Kostitsyn. 2nd best russian player in the draft. He's big, very skilled and very strong. Has solid work ethic and a first round talent.
26. Buffalo - Luca Sbisa - very patient defenseman. Smart positional defenseman and a good addition to their pipeline.
27. Philadelphia - Erik Karlsson - The next Kimmo. An offensive defenseman who is going to be a great powerplay quarterback. Needs time to develop but could end up being a very complete top 4 dman.
28. Los Angeles - Maxime Sauve - It's apparent they'll trade Cammeleri and adding this diminutive centre might not be so bad. Son of fomer NHL'er JF Sauve. He's a good skater.
29. Atlanta - Colten Teubert - bad penalties and under-developed game will lead him to slip. Atlanta could use this guy because they chose Filatov first. So they get their franchise winger and a projectable #1 defenseman.
30. Detroit - Patrice Cormier - sleeper pick who already has an NHL body and very hard to knock off the puck. He plays a solid two way game and would fit in very well with the Red Wings. A low-risk pick because he will most likely make the NHL for sure.